LOSTGURL--SOPHIA

how to bring 1 year old kid to US?

5 posts in this topic

my baby was born here in manila philippines however we applied for crba..but it was not granted because my husband lacks domicile records in america after his 14th birthday we provide some proofs but for them its still not enough..we cant supply any other records because all the docs and computer related files were all destroyed during the hurricane katrina.."my husband resides in louisiana" and now...since his only 22 years old he dont even have job nor any tax returns..he was just a student..any idea how can i apply my daughter to bring with him in US?

i was unlucky too because i got a pink and white slip..and supposedly the june batches for release of visa in manila was already released including me however for the 2nd time the BAD consulate request for more..she wants a notarized certificate of employment on the first page (and when i passed it , she did not specify where to put the notary stamp, since therhttp://www.visajourney.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/star_smile.gife was an acknowlegement letter on the second page for the documentation the stamp was on the second page), now inspite of my father is above the poverty guideline, the consulate request for i864 and i864a for my stepmom (my dads' new wife), with rental lease ..=(

any help is highly appreciated thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
my baby was born here in manila philippines however we applied for crba..but it was not granted because my husband lacks domicile records in america after his 14th birthday we provide some proofs but for them its still not enough..we cant supply any other records because all the docs and computer related files were all destroyed during the hurricane katrina.."my husband resides in louisiana" and now...since his only 22 years old he dont even have job nor any tax returns..he was just a student..any idea how can i apply my daughter to bring with him in US?

i was unlucky too because i got a pink and white slip..and supposedly the june batches for release of visa in manila was already released including me however for the 2nd time the BAD consulate request for more..she wants a notarized certificate of employment on the first page (and when i passed it , she did not specify where to put the notary stamp, since therhttp://www.visajourney.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/star_smile.gife was an acknowlegement letter on the second page for the documentation the stamp was on the second page), now inspite of my father is above the poverty guideline, the consulate request for i864 and i864a for my stepmom (my dads' new wife), with rental lease ..=(

im not sure of anything i say so dont think im correct in it but i will tell u what i THINK i know......when a father co-sponsors the immigrate they wife of the co sponsor or joint sponsor also has to sign to show that they know about the sponsorship cuz they are held accountable for what the father has done financially........but i dont know anything about how to get ur daughter here i wish i could help with that but i know absolutely nothing hope this helps u some what i did know

sara

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Jonah,

The State department is pretty strict about domicile requirements. After all, they are only asking that you guy's prove that your husband is domiciled in the US for 2 years after his 14th birthday. It does not even have to be 2 continuous years. Just cumulative.

U.S. citizen parent's must have cumulative physical presence in the U.S. or its outlying possessions for five years, two after the citizen parent's 14th birthday and before the applicant's birth.

With or without the hurricane, Im not sure why you guys are having a hard time coming up with domicile record for 2 years. I mean, hurricane Katrina happened in 2005, so you guys have no records even after that?

He's 22 now, so for the last 8 years he should have at least some record? Shool records? hospital records? cellphone bill? federal census records? voting record? Stamped letter? bank records? drivers license? learner's permit? car registration or insurance? Anything that prooves your husband resided in the US for 2 years after his 14th birthday and 3 before that.

If you dont mind (I'm curious), what have you submitted as proof and why wasnt it not enough?

Anyway, if more proof of domicile records is out of the question for your husband, Im afraid the only other choices you have is for your husband to file I-130 for your daughter or for your husband to wait and establish domicile records in the states for 2 years and then file CRBA again for your daughter.

Hi, as far as i know the last time i inquired to the US embassy, ur baby can acquired being a US Citizen despite that she was born here, provided these fpllowing docs:

> NSO Birth certificate of your baby

> DS11 form ( you can get that froom FEDEX) i forgot the phone number. They are the one who process all the docs that u need for your baby going to US embassy.

> proof of relationship, NSO Marriage contract

> proof of citizenship of the father it can be a passport/naturalization /birthcert

> Proof of family pictures, picture taken by you and ur husband together with ur baby

> Personal appearance of ur baby to the US embassy

Payment for the passpoprt is 150usd.

Hope this can help u.

hi jonah! meron din akong baby which is 7 mos. old.. we decided to file another petition for her.. so maiiwan ko sia.. my interview was last june 16, 2008 pink slip and white slip din ako for letter of acknowledgment ng husband ko na maiiwan ung baby ko sa mother ko. kapapasa ko lang last june 26, 2008 ng letter of acknowledgement.. so waiting pa ko.. then sa isang problem mo pa ung I864 and I864a.. my husband is also a student.. my joint sponsor cia whch is my auntie.. nag file din ang auntie ko ng i864.. then ung co-sponsor ng husband ko is his mother and sister, nagfile cla ng I864a.. wla naman question ung CO regarding sa AOS ko basta ang tinanong niya lang kung paano ko naging auntie ungnagfile ng joint sponsor sa akin..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.