ILLEGAL ALIENS

N-400 June Nebraska Filers...

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My wife passed her interview. She was asked 10 questions, including the infamous "original 13 states" one, and got them all correct. She was asked to write a very simple question. We have been scheduled for the swearing in at Billings, Montana about the middle of September. The staff were all pretty helpful but I did a lot of praying. So, by my calculations, my wife will have her US passport within 6 weeks. Its been a long, expensive, miserable, and dehumanizing experience and I am incredibly glad its essentially over.

But this forum has been a great help! Good luck to all other applicants.

Edited by Gulskjegg

May 27, 2009: N-400 Window Opens

June 2, 2008: N-400 Sent

June 3, 2008: N-400 Received at Nebraska Service Center

June 13, 2008: NOA1

June 16, 2008: Biometrics letter

June 24th, 2008: Biometrics Appointment

July 7th, 2008: Called FBI, verified that biometrics check has been completed and returned to USCIS

August 26th, 2008: N-400 Interview Passed

September 18th, 2008: Swearing in, Billings Montana

Send Expedited 14-day passport paperwork???

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
My wife passed her interview. She was asked 10 questions, including the infamous "original 13 states" one, and got them all correct. She was asked to write a very simple question. We have been scheduled for the swearing in at Billings, Montana about the middle of September. The staff were all pretty helpful but I did a lot of praying. So, by my calculations, my wife will have her US passport within 6 weeks. Its been a long, expensive, miserable, and dehumanizing experience and I am incredibly glad its essentially over.

But this forum has been a great help! Good luck to all other applicants.

As Vince Lombardi said, it's not over until it's over, the rest you said, I agree with it, especially the part about it's has been a dehumanizing experience, but prefer the word, humiliating instead. Can't seem to get the idea across that I am a natural born USA, that spent a great deal of time with great sacrifice to serve my country, criminal free, always paid my taxes, and you are messing with MY family.

And it all started when my gal tried to open a small savings account here, APA wouldn't let her even though our government encourages foreign investors to bank here. Why are they picking on just one small individual that poses no threat to this country at all? And why am I guilty for marrying the woman of my dreams?

One good thing, our daughter did return last night with a welcome back home with her foreign passport and ten year green card, no delays, no strip search like they did with my wife and mother-in-law when they first came here. But I did send a letter to both my congressman and senator about that and vehemently opposed to how the DHS was treating my loved ones. We can sit back and take it, or object, I prefer the latter. Had no objection to the FBI and DHS doing a thorough check on my gals, but that should have been the end of it. The immigrants are really in no position to object, but the USC's are, we have to stand up for our loved ones, no one else will.

Timeline

Well, since the majority of N-400 cases are for American husbands and foreign ladies, this becomes a political issue. I don't have the energy for a long drawn out diatribe, but suffice to say, feminism (that is in fact based on communism) has fully infected all aspects of American culture and society. Lets just say the disease is terminal. Ill let the "esteemed" political hack Bonnie Erbe fill in the blanks. The sooner American men figure out that they are indeed, at best, second class citizens and at worst worthless (aside from child support and alimony) slaves the better off we will all be.

Again, to quote Bonnie Erbe;

"Let's not just make it tougher for American men to hook up with "mail order brides" over the Internet and import them, let's ban the practice altogether."

"In one of the more laudable acts of his tenure in the White House, President Bush earlier this year signed into law the "International Marriage Broker Regulation Act of 2005" or IMBRA. The law imposes some tough restrictions on men seeking to import wives. Some of the men complain the law presumes all such American men are abusers."

"But I say the mere act (to wit, the bizarre act) of deciding to marry someone from a foreign country who is just about guaranteed to be less well educated and a lot less well off financially, creates such an incurably unhealthy imbalance of power in the union, even horrifically burdensome regulation won't suffice."

"The law requires before any foreign woman's contact information is sold (by an Internet marriage broker) to an American man, he must disclose his criminal and marital background. It also requires the agency brokering such relationships to obtain the man's record from the National Sex Offenders Public Registry database, translate it into the woman's native language and give her a copy."

Have a nice day!

July 7th, 2008: Called FBI, verified that biometrics check has been completed and returned to USCIS

• 2 weeks later...

I was approved for US Citizenship on 2008-09-03. It was a straight forward interview. My advise for all Naturalization applicants is to reply to all answers with conviction. That actually helps the IO to feel at ease (:-)) more than you. Leave all the nerves and jitters at home. Arrive at the center as early as you can and as early as they open. (Based on my discussion with a few people there). Also, People who had their interview scheduled after me went for the interview before me because they arrived at the center before me. Parking in Chicago is relatively hard to find so arriving early helps.

IO asked for my Drivers License, Green Card and passport. Most of the questions were from the N-400 itself (Where do you currently work etc etc). The civics section was fairly easy. I don't remember the questions but if you study the guide, they should not pose a problem. The IO actually asked me if he had asked me the required number of questions, to which I said yes. Despite my reply he asked me one of the questions again. He also asked me if he had made me read and write in English. I replied No and he asked me to read and write. This was actually after he had already processed the approval letter. I guess he was merely completing the formality. The IO mentioned that I should be receiving the notice for oath within 30 days. I asked him about the location of Oath and if I could request a particular day to which he said no.

This is the best forum I have come across and I would love to help anyone who has any questions to which I can provide answers.

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2008-06-02

NOA Date : 2008-06-09

Bio. Appt. : 2008-06-25

Interview Date : 2008-09-03

Approved : Yes

Oath Ceremony : 2008-09-19

• 2 weeks later...

Oath on Friday (09/19/2008)

I am an US citizen as of 09/19/2008.

Timeline

My wife is now a US citizen as of September 18th, 2008. Thanks ALL for the support and advice, especially you NickD. I truly hope your situation gets sorted out before years end.

GOOD LUCK ALL!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.