Torontoborn

Adjusting From Visitor To Permanent Resident

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
The interview process is different for every one, but is always easiest when you have lots of documents to prove your relationship is valid. Every one here will advise you to get as many pieces of joint documentation as you possibly can. Owning things together, whether its a house, an apartment, a car, health insurance really helps in proving you didn't marry someone just for US residency. So start getting all that stuff in order and you will be fine. It's not as complicated as it may seem at first. Once you get the hang of it and read past all the confusing jargon, it will be easier. The more stuff you have to prove you are a valid married couple, the less time you will spend in that interview room.

As for missing home, the luck of the draw I guess! haha I will be okay though. I've just gotta move somewhere over here that will make me happy. I will find it, it will just take some work.

Don't be afraid to make mistakes. Read over the info MANY Times and just make sure to dot your i's and you will do fine.

Yeah I can imagine everyone's interview process is different and I will definately take everyones advice. The question I have to ask is how can you get such things put in my name if I techincally dont have status in the US? I know they recognize me as a visitor and married to a US citizen, but would it be hard to put things in my name if I dont have a social security number? I will definately read the guides and everything before I start my application.

I understand what your saying inregards to your situation and I do hope you do find that special place you will feel comfortable in.

Thanks for all of your advice and input and I will definately use it to my benefit.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.