one love

Ad. of support

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
:angry: Well Got a call from Layer said recieved letter from imagration. State not enough of income on my income taxes for last year for support of eveidence.. Lawyer knew this from get go ok I did as well, But I am a foster parent 18 years our money is Taxed free ok So with my other taxable job I have over 45,000 income only needed 22,000 to show support?????????????? So Why they send a letter of this sort was someone in bad mood at imagration.. I called they read to me that you can us other source of income like childsupport are other jobs.. S total income and other properties.. Which I did.. Which brought up to 45,000 plus life ins. polices which was not included.... SO what the heck they want blood... My lawyer said he will investgate more info about it... It just states about income tax not being enough like they did not include my other income as support... Any suggestions??? He told me get a sponcer??? is way out... Why?????? I made 45,000 usa dollars i need 22,000.. taxes showed 18,800.. foster care 18,000.. and other income Cs is there a place to look at regulations on support of evedence??

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Did you send them enough proof or a statement that the foster care money is tax free ? Maybe they overlooked that ? I suggest you make an info pass appointment with your local office to maybe get clarity on what exactly they want. Calling them would most likely be useless.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Dear One Love, I am in a similar situation,but have been advised ahead of time on it. I own 3 adult care homes, which you could say is "Adult Foster Care" because the residents live in the homes. I work part time in psych for a hospital. My income is substantial, yet from the immigration standpoint, there is not enough showing on my income taxes as my gross/net income for the past few years.

Included in my documentation for both the I-129F that I sent initially, and included in my fiance's interview folder, lies a two-inch thick stack of papers. Printed on them is Title 26 of the Interenal Revenue Code, Subtitle A: Income Tax; Chapter 1: Normal taxes and surtaxes; Subchapter B: Computation of Taxable Income; Part III: Items Specifically Excluded From Gross Income; Section 131 Certain Foster Care Payments.

It goes on to explain how this income is non-taxable income, but income nonetheless....

Although I will still use a co-sponsor, I wanted to have corroboratory evidence to substantiate my case (just in case). I also included copies of every rent receipt from each resident, and copies of their checks and money orders that I made before cashing them. This process has made me become a micro-manager in many respects. Bordering on paranoia :(

Take a look at Title 26 of the Internal Revenue Code. Although this does not change the dilemma that you are currently in, it wont hurt to have a copy of it handy.

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Spent month in Africa 06/2007

Spent month in UK 02/2008

I-129F Sent : 03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 03-07

I-129 NOA1 Hard Copy: 03-15

Touched: 03-11

Touched: 03-13

Touched: 03-14

Touched: 07-22.

I-129F NOA2 :07-22

Touched: 07-23

I-129 NOA2 Hard Copy:07-28

NVC Received : 07-28

NVC Left : 07-30

Consulate Received : 08-06

Packet 3 Received : 08-15

Packet 3 Sent : 09-04 and 10-2

Packet 4 Received : 10-6

Interview Date : 10-16

Comment: Issued blue slip at interview to get Police Certs AGAIN :-(

Timeline
Dear One Love, I am in a similar situation,but have been advised ahead of time on it. I own 3 adult care homes, which you could say is "Adult Foster Care" because the residents live in the homes. I work part time in psych for a hospital. My income is substantial, yet from the immigration standpoint, there is not enough showing on my income taxes as my gross/net income for the past few years.

Included in my documentation for both the I-129F that I sent initially, and included in my fiance's interview folder, lies a two-inch thick stack of papers. Printed on them is Title 26 of the Interenal Revenue Code, Subtitle A: Income Tax; Chapter 1: Normal taxes and surtaxes; Subchapter B: Computation of Taxable Income; Part III: Items Specifically Excluded From Gross Income; Section 131 Certain Foster Care Payments.

It goes on to explain how this income is non-taxable income, but income nonetheless....

Although I will still use a co-sponsor, I wanted to have corroboratory evidence to substantiate my case (just in case). I also included copies of every rent receipt from each resident, and copies of their checks and money orders that I made before cashing them. This process has made me become a micro-manager in many respects. Bordering on paranoia :( can u paste and copy for me.. so are you getting a sponcer?? Well its not right its income i used it years ago same thing no problem but now why

Take a look at Title 26 of the Internal Revenue Code. Although this does not change the dilemma that you are currently in, it wont hurt to have a copy of it handy.

Timeline

Although I will still use a co-sponsor, I wanted to have corroboratory evidence to substantiate my case (just in case). I also included copies of every rent receipt from each resident, and copies of their checks and money orders that I made before cashing them. This process has made me become a micro-manager in many respects. Bordering on paranoia :( can u paste and copy for me.. so are you getting a sponcer?? Well its not right its income i used it years ago same thing no problem but now why

Can unopy paste for me So r u getting sponcer then at inteview show proff of u able to support husband?? What gets me they approver his visa in nigeria to come here with that evedence then once here they want use.. Its wrong its income. it staes you can use other evdence but then they want use it except taxes.. w-2 then force u to use sponcer

Timeline

Can unopy paste for me So r u getting sponcer then at inteview show proff of u able to support husband?? What gets me they approver his visa in nigeria to come here with that evedence then once here they want use.. Its wrong its income. it staes you can use other evdence but then they want use it except taxes.. w-2 then force u to use sponcer

Yes, One Love, I will happily find and paste the web site url in a pm to you. I have to find the web address again, because I printed it way back in October, but I will send it to you. I am so sorry that you are going through this. Can you ask someone to provide sponsorship?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I received 2 RFE during my AOS. I received an RFE for Birth certificate twice, the first time I included documetation on the Biafra war and the chaotic turmoil of Nigeria's infrastructure at the time, the age declaration that K used to get his visa, his passport, drivers license and id card from Nigeria, also, I sent a 2 page cover letter explaining the documents. They then sent me a second RFE for afidavit of support and birth certificate. I sent an updated copy of the affidavit of support with K and my 2007 tax return (he had only worked 2 months), but only my income was used for the affidavit which was well over the limit. I also sent a cover letter stating that I have already sent the information regarding the birth certiicate.

No offense but your lawyer is lazy. He or she should know that alot of things can be expalined away. As Stevi has offered to give you the documents, I would have my lawyer respond giving a detailed explanation of your particular situation and include backup documentation. We need to remember that the people looking over our files are human, and they look for key items sometimes things get misplaced or they just don't see them or need clarification. In my opinion there has to be something they don't understand regarding your income, if you had proof that you made over $40,000 why would you need a co-sponsor?

I would show them Stevi's documents and if they give you another RFE than look into an alternative option.

AOS waiting is much easier your SO is here with you :D

What ever route you decide to take Good Luck with your approval.

Edited by We_Destiny

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

8/17 In line for Interview

Timeline

Oh My!

Thank you We Destiny for your post, because I forgot to send the info to you "One Love" and I apologize. I will send them in a pm right now. Please forgive my oversight. I am still praying for you. I am wondering if you know that you are still able to file income taxes each year, and report the foster care income, even though it is not taxable income. I have an accountant do mine each year.

Of course you and I both have actual part time jobs with taxable income as well, but I have had to cover myself regarding my tax-free income (Which is my legitimate business), because of all the areas of life I encounter that require tangible proof of income. If I only reported my part time income, I would not be able to purchase many higher priced items that require financing. So, if you are not currently filing your foster payment income, you may want to think about that.

I will send the web site url now.....Really :)

Timeline
What about bank statements showing regular deposits and a notarized bank letter summarizing all deposits made in the last year ?

Do you have equity in a home ?

Did all that had 45,000 but stated that my income tax did not show enought but I had over 27,000 nonw taxed as well to show.. But my lawyer said things changed you ahve to show enough taxable to support evedence but i think his wrong.. as long as you show all income taxed aree not taxed total should be good..

Timeline
Oh My!

Thank you We Destiny for your post, because I forgot to send the info to you "One Love" and I apologize. I will send them in a pm right now. Please forgive my oversight. I am still praying for you. I am wondering if you know that you are still able to file income taxes each year, and report the foster care income, even though it is not taxable income. I have an accountant do mine each year.

Of course you and I both have actual part time jobs with taxable income as well, but I have had to cover myself regarding my tax-free income (Which is my legitimate business), because of all the areas of life I encounter that require tangible proof of income. If I only reported my part time income, I would not be able to purchase many higher priced items that require financing. So, if you are not currently filing your foster payment income, you may want to think about that.

i talk yo IRS about that they said stupid to put foster care on taxes when its not taxed to pay tax on non taxes

I received 2 RFE during my AOS. I received an RFE for Birth certificate twice, the first time I included documetation on the Biafra war and the chaotic turmoil of Nigeria's infrastructure at the time, the age declaration that K used to get his visa, his passport, drivers license and id card from Nigeria, also, I sent a 2 page cover letter explaining the documents. They then sent me a second RFE for afidavit of support and birth certificate. I sent an updated copy of the affidavit of support with K and my 2007 tax return (he had only worked 2 months), but only my income was used for the affidavit which was well over the limit. I also sent a cover letter stating that I have already sent the information regarding the birth certiicate.

No offense but your lawyer is lazy. He or she should know that alot of things can be expalined away. As Stevi has offered to give you the documents, I would have my lawyer respond giving a detailed explanation of your particular situation and include backup documentation. We need to remember that the people looking over our files are human, and they look for key items sometimes things get misplaced or they just don't see them or need clarification. In my opinion there has to be something they don't understand regarding your income, if you had proof that you made over $40,000 why would you need a co-sponsor?

I would show them Stevi's documents and if they give you another RFE than look into an alternative option. Whts steves documents??

Timeline
Oh My!

i talk yo IRS about that they said stupid to put foster care on taxes when its not taxed to pay tax on non taxes

I would show them Stevi's documents and if they give you another RFE than look into an alternative option. Whts steves documents??

Sweety, I was just trying to help you. By the way, there is a totally different form used to file taxes on foster care income. I sent you the entire Internal Revenue Code....Title, Chapter and Verse. For the IRS to tell you that it is stupid to file taxes on foster care income is, well, no comment. I did not say that I have to PAY taxes or that I RECEIVE a refund. I said that I FILE. It is the way I conduct my business for record-keeping purposes. Maybe I am just very #######, but I was both advised by an attorney and guided by an accountant in doing so. I am sorry that you did not find any help from what was offered. But I still pray that you find the answers that you need. God Love You.

Timeline
What about bank statements showing regular deposits and a notarized bank letter summarizing all deposits made in the last year ?

Do you have equity in a home ?

Did all that had 45,000 but stated that my income tax did not show enought but I had over 27,000 nonw taxed as well to show.. But my lawyer said things changed you ahve to show enough taxable to support evedence but i think his wrong.. as long as you show all income taxed aree not taxed total should be good..

lawyer explain when we filed it was K3 now that his in states we have to show income tax that meets reQuiremewnt.. Its so stupid because half my salery is not taxed.. thats excuse he gave.. SO we got sponcer..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.