3 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

My fiancé, Marc and I Marie-Clémence, have just send the invitations for our wedding, july 22 in France.

I'm a french citizen, he is a USC. We've met in France three yars ago, ha was at taht time a french resident.

We plan to file a DCF in Paris just after the wedding.

I am currently in the US, I've entered the country with a journalist visa (R I) in december ans will leave at the end of june.

In the meantime, my passeport with my visa was stolen in the us.

Will it compromise my chances to file a dcf with Marc?

If anyone has infos on the paperwork to do before the wedding....

Thank you

:)

Marie

Hi everybody,

My fiancé, Marc and I Marie-Clémence, have just send the invitations for our wedding, july 22 in France.

I'm a french citizen, he is a USC. We've met in France three yars ago, ha was at taht time a french resident.

We plan to file a DCF in Paris just after the wedding.

I am currently in the US, I've entered the country with a journalist visa (R I) in december ans will leave at the end of june.

In the meantime, my passeport with my visa was stolen in the us.

Will it compromise my chances to file a dcf with Marc?

If anyone has infos on the paperwork to do before the wedding....

Thank you

:)

Marie

Hi Marie,

Welcome to the Board. Not sure I understand your question. If you are asking if not having a passport will compromise your filing DCF in France, the answer is you have to have a valid passport to submit at the time your hubby files the petition for you. Paperwork you need,see: http://france.usembassy.gov/consul/iv/filingparis.htm If you are asking if the fact that it was stolen will compromise your filing DCF, I wouldn't think so, and I'm sure you have already reported it stolen and begun the process of getting a replacement. :yes:

8-12-2004 I moved to New Zealand(married my Kiwi in US 5/04)

1-12-2006 Received initial packet - It has I-130, I-864 & DS-230 Part 1, DS-2001 & tons of instructions.

Gathering paperwork that we don't have:

5-30-2006 - I-130 FILED AND ACCEPTED BY AUCKLAND CONSULATE!- INTERVIEW: 6/13/2006

6-13-2006 - APPROVED!usaCa.gifnew_zeaC3.gif

6-14-2006 - VISA IN HAND D_SMIL112.gif

08-05-2006 -WE ARE HOME IN THE USA!!! flag12.gif

THREE HAPPY YEARS LATER:

5-10-09 - N-400 filed

8-24-09 - Interview

9-14-09 - Naturalization Oath Ceremony

Hi Marie...

Obviously, sadie33138 is right... :thumbs::thumbs:

When ready with all documents requested :D

+ hubby present (L)

+ hubby's CC in yr handbag (secret code in mind)... :devil: :devil:

Then u can start DCF B)...

Good luck

PS : i'm also dealing with US EMbassy Paris thru DCF

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.