jennarzx

Rio Consulate Interview / Medical Exam

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

I received my NOA2 on April 11 and now I am waiting on the packet 3 to be sent to the consulate in Rio to my Fiance Lucas. I was wondering if anyone here knows about the interview process there? Also when they say "pass the medical" what do they mean? What are they testing and need to know?

:blink: Thanks Jenna

Sorry to introduce myself, my name is Jenna and I am from Florida. My Fiance is Lucas. I met him while on vacation to Rio de Janeiro in August 2004. Because of our mutual interest in surfing we immediately hit it off! It was love at first sight when I walked into the Pro surf shop he worked at. (L)

Edited by jennarzx

Timeline
Hi Everyone!

I received my NOA2 on April 11 and now I am waiting on the packet 3 to be sent to the consulate in Rio to my Fiance Lucas. I was wondering if anyone here knows about the interview process there? Also when they say "pass the medical" what do they mean? What are they testing and need to know?

:blink: Thanks Jenna

"pass the medical" means that the beneficiary has no health problems concerning to what's required by the immigration doctor and that has all the vaccines updated!

I am in the same situation as you, so I don't know exactly how the interview is in Rio de Janeiro! But I've been hearing that it's quite simple and that they don't use to do so many questions! "Carol and Marc" have detailed Carol's interview experience... But I do not know the link... CAROOOOL!! rsrs

Anyway, how did you get to know when NVC sent off his papers to Rio?! Did you receive a letter?

Chris received a letter by them with the case number and saying they would be fowarding the papers to Rio in one week or so, but I haven't heard anything else about the date when they sent the papers to Rio.... :unsure:

BRAUSA2.jpg

AMERIZILIANS ALL THE WAY!!! :P

K-1 Journey

--> Jan 27th, 2006 - Sent the petition to Nebraska SC.

--> Jan 31st, 2006 - 1st NOA received by mail.

--> April 20th, 2006 - 2nd NOA in snail mail!

--> May 5th, 2006 - NVC received and left

--> May 24th, 2006 - Pack. 3 received and left (never received package 4, so the Embassy sent me its content by e-mail)

--> June 26th, 2006 - Medical in São Paulo (Dr. Celso Rodrigues Fava)

--> July 11th - Interview APPROVED!! :D

--> July 13th - Visa in hand

AOS

--> Novr 11th, 2006 - Sent AOS and EAD forms

--> Nov 17th, 2006 - NOA 1

--> Dec 4th, 2006 - Biometrics (appt. letter rec. in 11/24)

--> Nov 28th, 2006 - RFE received

--> Jan, 8th, 2007 - RFE sent

--> Jan, 30th, 2007 - EAD card received

--> Mar, 13th, 2007 - Interview - Pending Security Checks

--> July, 16th, 2007 - USCIS site: Security checks cleared. Welcome Letter in the way!

--> July, 26th, 2007 - GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL!!! (done with USCIS until 04/2009)

Removing Conditions on Residency

--> April 16th, 2009 - Sent I-751 Application to California Service Center

--> May 8th, 2009 - NOA received (1 year extension letter]

--> June 1st, 2009 - Biometrics appt. letter received

I LOVE MY BABE CHRIS!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Here is what happened during my interview from 2 weeks ago. Hopefully this helps give you an idea of the process is like.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11639

K-1 Journey*

Nov 2004 Met in Recife

02-01-06 I-129F Sent to VSC

04-26-06 Interview APPROVED!!!!!!!

05-18-06 Eliana arrived in New York

07-22-06 Married in Las Vegas!!!!!

AOS/AP Journey*

07-25-06 I-485 and I-131 Sent to Chicago

08-18-06 Biometrics Appointment (Completed)

10-06-06 AP Approved

10-11-06 AOS Approved (without interview)

10-20-06 Green Card Received!! Done until July 2008

01-27-07 Second Wedding (in Brazil)

I-751 Journey*

07-09-08 I-751 Sent to VSC

09-16-08 Biometrics Appointment (Completed)

02-25-09 Transferred to CSC

03-20-09 Approved (without interview)

03-27-09 Emily is born!!!

04-07-09 Green Card Received!!

11-18-11 Lucas is born!!!

N-400 Journey*

12-15-11 N-400 Sent to Texas

02-09-12 Biometrics Appointmnet (Completed)

03-21-12 Interview (Approved)

03-21-12 Oath Ceremony

PROCESS IS DONE!!!!!!

*See Profile for detailed list of all dates

Timeline

Thanks Priscila!

I did received a letter from NVC stating they were forwarding our papers to the consulate in Rio, but it took so long to get here that I had called NVC prior to the letter. I gave them my USCIS case number and they told me the date they had been sent. I hope this next part goes quick :star:

Timeline
Thanks Priscila!

I did received a letter from NVC stating they were forwarding our papers to the consulate in Rio, but it took so long to get here that I had called NVC prior to the letter. I gave them my USCIS case number and they told me the date they had been sent. I hope this next part goes quick :star:

Humm... Didn't understand it yet... So, you received a letter with your new case number and saying they would send your papers to NVC in one week, like mine? Why did you provide USCIS case number instead of the new RDJ number to know when they sent your papers to Rio? :blush:

BRAUSA2.jpg

AMERIZILIANS ALL THE WAY!!! :P

K-1 Journey

--> Jan 27th, 2006 - Sent the petition to Nebraska SC.

--> Jan 31st, 2006 - 1st NOA received by mail.

--> April 20th, 2006 - 2nd NOA in snail mail!

--> May 5th, 2006 - NVC received and left

--> May 24th, 2006 - Pack. 3 received and left (never received package 4, so the Embassy sent me its content by e-mail)

--> June 26th, 2006 - Medical in São Paulo (Dr. Celso Rodrigues Fava)

--> July 11th - Interview APPROVED!! :D

--> July 13th - Visa in hand

AOS

--> Novr 11th, 2006 - Sent AOS and EAD forms

--> Nov 17th, 2006 - NOA 1

--> Dec 4th, 2006 - Biometrics (appt. letter rec. in 11/24)

--> Nov 28th, 2006 - RFE received

--> Jan, 8th, 2007 - RFE sent

--> Jan, 30th, 2007 - EAD card received

--> Mar, 13th, 2007 - Interview - Pending Security Checks

--> July, 16th, 2007 - USCIS site: Security checks cleared. Welcome Letter in the way!

--> July, 26th, 2007 - GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL!!! (done with USCIS until 04/2009)

Removing Conditions on Residency

--> April 16th, 2009 - Sent I-751 Application to California Service Center

--> May 8th, 2009 - NOA received (1 year extension letter]

--> June 1st, 2009 - Biometrics appt. letter received

I LOVE MY BABE CHRIS!

Timeline

Hey Craig,

I will not be able to join Lucas for his interview. :( What documents do I need to send to him to make sure he has everything for his interview? Does he need copies of my birth certificate, approval letters, proof of relationship etc. I have already sent in and forwarded to the consulate of Rio? Thanks Jenna

Hey Priscila,

I had called NVC before I received the letter from them. Almost 3 weeks had past since my NOA2 and I was worried so i called to see if they had received my paperwork yet. They told me yes and they had already forwarded it to the consulate of Rio on May 2. B)

Edited by jennarzx

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Our case is about to get to NVC (so we hope) and I am already getting everything done here.. including my medical... so you guys can do it :) this way when the papers get here everything will be done ! :thumbs: Good luck to us

brazilCq14.gifLiszy & Kenny usaCa.gif

----~~~-----

12/26/06 Sent AOS to Chicago

04/16/07 Green Card approved w/o interview !! YYYAAAYY

----~~~-----

03/16/2009 - I-751 sent to VSC

03/17/2009 - VSC received

03/18/2009 - NOA 1

03/20/2009 - Check cashed

03/23/2009 - NOA 1 in mail

04/01/2009 - Biometrics letter

04/14/2009 - Biometrics

04/15/2009 - Touched

04/16/2009 - I guess I can lay down and sleep now ?

07/16/2009 - 3 months later...... nothing... oh well

07/21/2009 - Card production ordered w/o interview again :) !! woohooo

07/22/2009 - Touched

07/30/2009 - Card is here !

----~~~-----

01/23/2019 - I-90 sent online

01/28/2019 - Notice of receipt in the mail

02/01/2019 - Biometrics notice in the mail

02/15/2019 - Biometrics

02/21/2019 - Card being produced

02/23/2019 - Card received!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The interveiw is easy...They didnt ask Renato any questions. Are you sponsoring him yourself or with a cosponsor? You will only need to send him the 1-134 and the supporting docs. After you return Packet 3 you should recieve an interveiw date about a month fromt hat. If you want advice on making the process shorter just send me a private message and i will give you hints.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi Jenna!

Take a look in my interview and if you have more questions, let me know...

Carol :thumbs:

coracao.gif

CAROL & MARC

MY HONEY'S PROFILE

Remove Conditions

08-28-08 - Mailed I-751

08-30-08 - Delivered

09-01-08 - Touched

09-03-08 - Check cleared

09-06-08 - NOA1 in the mail (dated 08/29???)

10-09-08 - Biometrics (Touched)

12-16-08 - Email "Card production ordered"

12-24-08 - Santa came and brought my present (Greencard in the mail!)

kitazura.gifkpuppy1.gif

BICHON FRISE LOVER!!!

Timeline
Hi Jenna!

Take a look in my interview and if you have more questions, let me know...

Carol :thumbs:

Wow gurl!!, That sounded incredibley stressful!!! The only other question I was going to ask was what papers and what order, but i found that in one of your replys. Thanks for the comment! Congrad's on ur approval...*fingers-crossed* for my love Lucas!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.