Jaylen Brit

UK Medical - anyone used the Basil Street Drs?

7 posts in this topic

So..I finally booked my and my daughter's medicals having waited 2 WEEKS for my vaccination history (which is a page long - curse those round the world trips! lol) to come thru and I have to go the Basil Street Docs cos they are the ones that deal with children.

Anyone had the pleasure of dealing with that one? I see the pinned ones only deal with Bulstrode street medical center.

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I went to the one in Basil Street with my son (13 years old) they did his medical first while I was in the room with him, they asked him questions then looked at me for verification.

They are really nice doctors, the one I see was a german who was in the process of coming out to the US for an extended holiday.

Kids dont need to have the xray done nor the drawing of blood.

Hope it all goes well for you

Donna

Almost done with it all

So what does the medical entail for children?

I-129F SENT TO CSC 01/31/2006

I-129F NOA1 RECEIVED 02/02/2006

touched 04/25/2006

NOA2 04/25/2006

touched 04/26/2006

NVC received case 05/11/2006

Left NVC 05/12/2006

medical 06/06/2006

Packet 3 received 05/30/2006

returned packet 3 05/31/2006

Interview date 07/18/2006

Approved...yeahhhh

07/21/2006 Received visa...WOOOOHOOOO

09/24/2006 marrying my baby yeahhhhhhhh

.png

115194159098768.gif

They were great! I posted my experience before, My son has special needs. He is functionally blind, autisitic and has learning difficulties. We had Dr Laeritz he was very helpful and friendly. Explained the whole process to us before he did anything and told us to please ask questions LOL Kids get the same as adults only if they are under 15 no xray and blood tests. It's a standards medical. Height , weight , BP, chest, eyesight, and a quick peek to confirm your gender :thumbs:

Adele

> Texas have received out application and cashed the cheque!

We got our NOA1 as at 26 Oct 2005!

Sent to CSC 26 Oct 2005

NOA2 26 Jan 2006

Sent to Embassy 9 Feb 2006

Embassy sent pk3 21 feb 2006

Recd and return pk3 27 feb

Medical 8 March

recd pk4 11 April

Interview 10 May

Visa Approved 10 May

Visa Received 13 May

Fly to Memphis 21 june

Married 1 September

AOS NOA1 23 Jan 2007

Case transferred to Missourri

Case transferred back to CSC feb 01

Card in the mail March 05

Case approved March 005

Welcome to America Letters received March 08

Filed for lifting of conditions - received in Vermont Jan 20 2009

I-797C NOA received Jan 26 2009

Visit My Website

A Joy unshared is like and unlighted candle

Thanks for that info Donna and Adele :thumbs:

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Basil Street with my daughter last Friday. The address is a bit confusing. There is a number 15 sign that you will see on the corner block. That had us confused for a good while, because it's a residential apartment. If you walk a bit further down the road until you have passed the entrance to the hotel opposite, another sign says 14-25!!

I found it to be a very tranquil experience, although the staff said it was unusually quiet. I filled out a Medical form one each for both of us. They did my chest xray first, while my daughter sat in the waiting room. I was then went to a second waiting room, where my daughter was also waiting to see the doctor - whist waiting, I had an informal chat with the nurse about immunisations. I saw the Dr first. A German guy, he explained what he was going to do, and asked if I had any questions about the process. We chatted informally about healthcare and people's attitude to their bodies throughout the whole process. He asked if I needed a chaperone for him to take a peek below to confirm sex.......I know, I know....you can tell at a glance that I'm all woman! :hehe:

He said that he expected the blood tests to be fine, because my health was excellent. He did explain that 99% of the time the tests are ok, if it wasn't, they would call the patient and they would not forward the result to the Embassy, because it is a private matter.

My daughter's medical was the same, except she did not need the chest xray, breast examination or the blood test. I remained in the room the entire time.

When we were both finished with Dr, we waited again, only for a short while, to see the nurse. The nurse explained that whilst K3's do not need to have all their immunisations up-to-date before the visa is issued, it is a requirement that K4s are up-to-date. I need MMR and my Daughter needs Hep B. They are both courses, but you only need to show that you have began the course. I chose to have them done at my local GPs practice, so she personalized a prepared letter (one each) with details for the GP about what injections were needed, and why.......I will need to fax the confirmation to Basil Street so that they will be included in their report to the Embassy.

Hope this helps. :D

Regards

Ruth

I feel Good...........like the moon is shining just for me!

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

Eligible in November 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.