ILoveTan

The relative connection ....

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Everyone always says that having relatives in the U.S. is a red flag to the consulate ... ok, I can understand that but my question is: HOW DO THEY KNOW?

I am really lucky Tan has NO relatives in the U.S., not even a cousin ... no one. But I would really like the consulate to KNOW this.

Is there ever a time the consulate or this process ASKS that (not including at the interview?) as far as the forms I have downloaded, I can't find it asked anywhere ... does it get asked independently to the beneficiary? Just curious as I have been hearing alot from people who got blue due to relatives ... did the consulate ONLY know from their letter of how they met or is there another way? It's one of the few huge plus-es I have in my favor! :blush:

Thanx all

ILOVETAN

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

That was the second question they asked my wife during her interview for the K-1. She couldn't really lie and tell them she didn't have relatives because her aunt had filed an I-130 to sponsor her family. Her aunt was the only relative she had in the US. Her aunt is her dad's older sister. Anyways, they asked for all sorts of stuff. like proof of where they lived so they can see how far they lived from me. They need all sorts of information from her Aunt and even after I submitted it, we came back with blue again. I have never even met or spoken to her aunt before I met my wife. I even showed proof of all my phone bills and her aunts phone bills......

Visa Type: K1

Embassy: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Date I-129F Sent : 2006-07-10 - K1

Date I-129F NOA1 (Receipt) : 2006-07-27

Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 2006-09-18

Date Package Received By NVC : 2006-09-27

Date Package Left From NVC : 2006-10-05

Date Received By Consulate : 2006-10-13

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) : 2006-10-31

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) : 2006-11-01

Date Sent Pkt 3 to Consulate: 2006-11-02

Date Pkt 3 Received by Consulate: 2006-11-08

Date Interview: 2007-02-12

Case Denied

Visa Type: CR-1

Date I-130 Sent: 2007-07-24

Date I-130 NOA1 (Receipt): 2007-07-27

Date I-130 NOA2 : 2007-12-20

Touched: 2007-12-21

Date I-130 NVC Bill paid : 2008-02-19

Date I-130 NVC Payment received: 2008-03-06

Date I-130 NVC Case completed: 2008-05-29

Date I-130 Interview Date: 2008-07-09

Date I-130 Blue Slip: 2008-07-09

Date I-130 Pink: 2008-07-15

Date I-130 Visa: 2008-07-24

Date I-130 POE San Francisco: 2008-07-25

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

i think they just ask at the interview and if the want more info on realitives in the US they will probaly give him a green or blue slip asking for the info. they asked my fiancee how she meet me, she told them from her cousin, the only other question they asked about it was, if i was related to her cousins husband( her cousins husband is also a white guy, they saw a picture of the 4 of us.) she told them no i wasnt. they didnt ask for anymore info on it. all you can do is answer truthfluy and hope they belive everything. my best advise for you is stop worrying about things now. the HCM consulate seems to be quick and easy for some and very difficult for others, just hope for the quick and easy now and wait for the interview and see what happens. try to make sure you have plenty of evidence and you have ALL the documents that they require.

btw please fill in your timeline

N400 sent : 2011-11-18

N400 received & check cashed : 2011-11-28

N400 interview letter revcd: 2012-01-23

N400 interview: 2012-02-29

N400 oath: 2012-03-21

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I don't think there is a place where they directly ask about relatives. However, if they have reason to believe that they relatives are in some way the reason why ur engaged, then they ask. For example, my friend from school introduced me and my girl friend...so HCMC asked me to send the addresses of her relatives presumably to see if there a connection (there isn't...so I just hope they see that in our new packet.)

Oh...by the way...what types of reletives are people including? My gf has family here, but they're like great aunts and uncles, as well as second cousins!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.