hollywood79

CR1 issued intsead of IR1, I-90 help needed!!

2 posts in this topic

Ok, my update. We had an infopass appointment this morning.

It turns out my new card was mailed back in Jan, about 4-6 weeks after we first sent the I-90. But it was sent to our old address even though I had completed a AR-11 (change of address back in Aug/Sep 2007). The post office sent the card back to USCIS. I don't why the UsCIS didn't try to make contact with me that it had been returned or why they couldn't tell me over the phone when I called the hotline twice after Jan. I had to wait 6 months, drive down 4 hours to LA to have them say that they will send it to our current address but it will probably still have CR-1 on it!!!!

WHY???? I have proof that we were married ofr more than 2 years at our interview. The anser to my WHY??? was the mistake had been made by th US Consulate, which falls under the State Department not USCIS. So USCIS cannot correct an error they made. So what are my options now? PLEASE HELP?? I will wait until they resend my card to make sure it does have incorret info on it before I do anything about it, but the officer was pretty certain that they couldn't change it as it wasn't their fault. :(

11-05-06 Sent I-130 to California

06-01-07 INTERVIEW

06-04-07 Received VISA in the mail. Silly Consulate issued me CR-1 instead of IR-1, no time to change it in Australia, will try to change it once in California.

06-10-07 POE SFO

06-21-07 Receive SSN#

07-12-07 Receive Green Card in the mail STILL HAD CR1 INSTEAD OF IR1

12-10-07 Finally sent I-90 asking for a new green card with correct info.

06-17-08 INFOPASS - Was told USCIS sent new green card to old address back in Jan. Will resend it but may not be able to correct error as it was made by Consulate not USCIS.

What to do now??

So, I called the USCIS military hot line to see what they would say...they said the same thing because it was an error made by the Consulate I had to contact the Department of State :(

The one good thing abut that phone call is that military hot line is much more helpful than the ordinary one, wish I knew about it sooner!!

Now I have to wait till the morning to once again try to fix this.

Wish me luck!!

11-05-06 Sent I-130 to California

06-01-07 INTERVIEW

06-04-07 Received VISA in the mail. Silly Consulate issued me CR-1 instead of IR-1, no time to change it in Australia, will try to change it once in California.

06-10-07 POE SFO

06-21-07 Receive SSN#

07-12-07 Receive Green Card in the mail STILL HAD CR1 INSTEAD OF IR1

12-10-07 Finally sent I-90 asking for a new green card with correct info.

06-17-08 INFOPASS - Was told USCIS sent new green card to old address back in Jan. Will resend it but may not be able to correct error as it was made by Consulate not USCIS.

What to do now??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.