strawberry2007

Petitions approved!!!

17 posts in this topic

I have one follow-up question. I am in the same boat - petitions just got approved today and Pushbrk has made me think about the two choices. Let's say that the I-130 gets left behind at the NVC, and the I-129F gets sent to the Consulate, and if that happens can I request NVC to send the I-130 over or is decision really not mine at that point?

Second question I have is regarding the notification - will the consulate send me the notification that will let me know what petition(s) is being forwarded to the consulate or will the consulate notify me of the petition they actually received from NVC?

Replies, will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

-Fahad

You need to read the step by step guide for CR1. Then you'll understand there are several steps requiring your interaction with NVC before the petition can be forwarded to the Consulate, including two fees you pay.

pushbrk can correct me on this, as I read and followed this process, first you file the I-130 adn then you file the I-129F to get your spouse here faster on a non-immigrant visa. Then after your spouse is in the US, and the I-130 is adjudicated, you do the interview for that part and the non-immigrant visa is replaced. Am I close?

Once Upon A Time...

02.08.2008: We marry at Old Town Hall in Praha

--I-130--

03.03.2008: I-130 received by USCIS - 09.05.2008: Letter sent to NVC stopping further action on Approved I-130 to process AOS.

--I-129F--

04.14.2008: I-129F received by USCIS

04.15.2008: NOA1 Receipt received for I-129F

07.14.2008: Received NOA2 in mail.

08.19.2008: Embassy appointment. Visa Approved and is in the mail!

08.28.2008: My girl is home!

--I-485--

09.05.2008: I-485 package (I-765, G-325a, I-864) sent to Chicago Lockbox.

09.11.2008: Package received in Chicago.

09.18.2008: Received I-765 Receipt and I-485 Receipt in mail.

09.22.2008: Biometrics scheduled for 10/4.

09.30.2008: A touch on the I-765 (EAD application).

10.29.2008: Update on website they received evidence and case continues.

12.09.2008: Received e-mail the EAD has been approved and a letter has been sent.

12.13.2008: EAD ARRIVES! I can put my girl to work! :-)

12.16.2008: eL applies for Soc Security card.

12.23.2008: eL receives Soc Security card!

03.27.2009: Petition to Change Status to Permanent Resident interview.

04.04.2009: Welcome to the United States of America letter received!

04.08.2009: eL receives her Green Card.

09.16.2009: Filed for divorce. Things were not as they seemed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.