simpson121919

10 day waitng question

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am going to the philippines and have a short amount of time. I have a question I know I have to wait ten days before I can get the Marriage license. My question is if I was to apply on the 5th at 10am would that mean on the 15th at 10:01 I could get my license. Another question is, is it 10 working days?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

yes u need to wait for 10days before releasing the marriage license and then u and your fiance need to attend seminar first in dswd before releasing your marriage license . then after 10 days when its alreday release u can get married anytime u want. dont worry for sure people in civil registral office will help u . where in philippines your planning to get married?

Timeline
yes u need to wait for 10days before releasing the marriage license and then u and your fiance need to attend seminar first in dswd before releasing your marriage license . then after 10 days when its alreday release u can get married anytime u want. dont worry for sure people in civil registral office will help u . where in philippines your planning to get married?

Thank you for the help, what did you mean by "dswd". Can I take the seminar during the 10 day waiting period?

We will be getting married in Tacloban. Did you guys have any trouble trying to get married?

its just a seminar held in dswd on your fiance municipality its just about marriage, life style in philippines, tradition and etc. that theres no dviorved here in the philippines and they just give some advice.its just so easy. we did not encounter any problem regarding on the process of marriage license. aslong u have all the documents needed like your fiance birth certificate and yours too bring your birth certificate, if your divorce bring your divorced papers and get you legal capacity in u.s embassy.thatsit. dont worry everything will be ok for sure. me and my husband we get married here in angeles city cuz im from angeles city. and we held our wedding its a garden wedding

Timeline
My question is if I was to apply on the 5th at 10am would that mean on the 15th at 10:01 I could get my license.

NOTHING is ever this exact in the Philippines. Your license "should" be ready on the 15th. Thats all really anybody can promise you.

Come to think of it, I dont know any agencies in the US, private or government, that would be this exact too about releasing paperworks.

You might want to check the following pointers from the US Embassy's website in Manila.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha009.html

Edited by NoelandTintin

My question is if I was to apply on the 5th at 10am would that mean on the 15th at 10:01 I could get my license.

NOTHING is ever this exact in the Philippines. Your license "should" be ready on the 15th. Thats all really anybody can promise you.

Come to think of it, I dont know any agencies in the US, private or government, that would be this exact too about releasing paperworks.

You might want to check the following pointers from the US Embassy's website in Manila.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha009.html

I agree nothing is exact in the Philippines. I've heard some towns will use the passort stamp date determine the 10 day period.

04-21-2005 Met in Makati, Philippines

04-01-2006 2nd trip to Mindanao and we both went to Bangkok Thailand(I proposed)

04-21-2006 Married in Mindanao, Philippines

11-01-2006 3rd trip-vacation together in Sagada,Philippines

04-21-2007 4th trip-Bukidnon,Philippines (celebrated our 1st year anniversary)

07-23-2007 Filed I-130

08-30-2007 5th trip-vacation in Tagaytag,Philippines

12-02-2007 6th trip-Manila

04-21-2008 7th trip-vacation in Camiguin,Philippines (celebrated our 2nd year anniversary)

06-23-2008 IR-1 Visa interview (339 days from filing)APPROVED

07-06-2008 8th trip Mindanao(going away party in Cagayan de Oro)

07-16-2008 Arrived at POE in Guam international airport at 4:00am

07-16-2008 Arrived in Houston Texas at 9:00am

08-02-2008 Received SS card in mail

08-08-2008 Received 10 yr. Green card

11-11-2009 1st Trip back to Mindanao together

12-08-2010 2nd Trip to Mindanao for Christmas

04-22-2011 Filed N-400

04-28-2011 Received text from USCIS "N-400 received and I-797 to follow in mail"

05-17-2011 Biometrics

08-09-2011 Interview (passed)

08-17-2011 Oath

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.