cashel

I AM HAVING A BIG TROUBLE WITH THE EMBASSY!!!

6 posts in this topic

Hi everybody!!

I wanted to tell you how is my process...do you remember the last time that i wrote talking about the BIG BIG MISTAKE (JUNE 6th)

“I am feeling so sad today …I received the mail today with my VISA CR-1…I was so excited but when I opened my passport…I wanted to cry!!!!!...a big mistake in my visa…they wrote that I am from Jamaica and a I am a man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....I am Colombian and I am a woman!!!!! Oh my god!!!!!!....I went to the Embassy immediately and I couldn’t go inside because the security men told me that I can’t go in because I don’t have any appointment for today!!!!!!....I called to the Embassy too and nobody has any solution….I was going to travel on June 19th …What Can I do now????...Somebody has any suggestion????....Somebody has been in my situation???....Please…tell me anything….I am feeling so sad!!!!!...thanks”

So...I went to the Embassy the last Monday...I left my passport and they told me that they were going to fix it immediately so they were to call me in the afternoon and I was going to have my Visa CR-1 in my hands the same day…I AM STILL WAITING FOR THEIR CALL...we have called every single day...they always promise me that the next day is going to be ready...and nothing!!!!....today is Thursday and nobody try to help me...I am feeling really mad...i feel like they are playing with me, they are very irresponsible!!!!!!...my parents in law want to write their Congressman …I am not sure if that can help me or not………what do you think???...what should I do now???

CASHEL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think we need info on your timeline. Are you living in Jamaica? I see your local office in Kingston. But you're a national of Columbia, yes? Did you interview in Kingston? It wouldnt surprise me that they messed up like this. They are a really crappy Embassy. i cant believe they did this. Give me more info and I may be able to help you.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Timeline
Hi everybody!!

I wanted to tell you how is my process...do you remember the last time that i wrote talking about the BIG BIG MISTAKE (JUNE 6th)

“I am feeling so sad today …I received the mail today with my VISA CR-1…I was so excited but when I opened my passport…I wanted to cry!!!!!...a big mistake in my visa…they wrote that I am from Jamaica and a I am a man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....I am Colombian and I am a woman!!!!! Oh my god!!!!!!....I went to the Embassy immediately and I couldn’t go inside because the security men told me that I can’t go in because I don’t have any appointment for today!!!!!!....I called to the Embassy too and nobody has any solution….I was going to travel on June 19th …What Can I do now????...Somebody has any suggestion????....Somebody has been in my situation???....Please…tell me anything….I am feeling so sad!!!!!...thanks”

So...I went to the Embassy the last Monday...I left my passport and they told me that they were going to fix it immediately so they were to call me in the afternoon and I was going to have my Visa CR-1 in my hands the same day…I AM STILL WAITING FOR THEIR CALL...we have called every single day...they always promise me that the next day is going to be ready...and nothing!!!!....today is Thursday and nobody try to help me...I am feeling really mad...i feel like they are playing with me, they are very irresponsible!!!!!!...my parents in law want to write their Congressman …I am not sure if that can help me or not………what do you think???...what should I do now???

CASHEL

Consulates/Embassies do ####### like this all of the time. Have your parents contact their senators and their local representative - they can often harass the consulates and get somewhere. It also shows you have citizens behind you. Consulates hate and don't care about immigrants - but when a Senator calls, they jump [sometimes].

I am not a lawyer. I am familiar with the immigration process, but any questions I answer are not advice or represented as being true for your situation in any form or manner. I am not liable if you read what I have written and act upon it. Do your own research, ask an attorney for assistance, and make up your own mind. Nevertheless, I may attempt to answer questions from time to time to give you an idea of what to search for in finding out your answer.

I think we need info on your timeline. Are you living in Jamaica? I see your local office in Kingston. But you're a national of Columbia, yes? Did you interview in Kingston? It wouldnt surprise me that they messed up like this. They are a really crappy Embassy. i cant believe they did this. Give me more info and I may be able to help you.

I am living in Jamaica but I am from Colombia...I had my Interview in Kingston....all my process was in Jamaica...

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It's a horrible embassy to deal with. I am so sorry.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok, well did someone file for you? Is that person a US citizen. They should be able to call and demand that you are able to come and pick up your passport. Kingston will have you waiting weeks or longer to do something that takes all of a couple hours. Thats how wack they are. Can you email or call them and just say "I would like to come poick up my passport that is ready for me. I was told that I should call you to arrange a time to meet an d pick it up." Make it seem like someone told you it was already ready for pick-up and it is THEIR fault that it is not ready. This may make them think they did something wrong.

I'm sorry to hear all this.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.