fitzee21

How much money to bring?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee and I were curious how much money she should bring to the Manila airport and how much for the rest of the flights from Tokyo to Chicago.

I was telling her that I think she should have 2000 PHP and $100.00 U.S. When I was at Narita Airport (Tokyo) last summer, all of the stores accepted U.S. currency.

Do you think the proposed amounts are sufficient? Money isn't the issue, it's her comfort and well-being :) I just want to make sure that she has enough for incidentals and other things that may occur during her trip.

Thank you in advance!

rnb.jpg

If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. - Matthew 21:22

The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. - Hebrews 13:6

I will fear no evil - Psalm 23:4

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
My fiancee and I were curious how much money she should bring to the Manila airport and how much for the rest of the flights from Tokyo to Chicago.

I was telling her that I think she should have 2000 PHP and $100.00 U.S. When I was at Narita Airport (Tokyo) last summer, all of the stores accepted U.S. currency.

Do you think the proposed amounts are sufficient? Money isn't the issue, it's her comfort and well-being :) I just want to make sure that she has enough for incidentals and other things that may occur during her trip.

There's an airport departure tax from the Manila airport and I panicked when I had to do looking for an ATM machine. There's one outside one of the terminals but check on the amount of the tax. It depends how what she wants to buy but I don't spend much money in airports do to the high prices. Money for something to eat may be necessary for a long wait but what if the flight is delayed or cancelled? A couple of times I didn't get jack from the arilines because the weather cancelled the flight and I had to get a hotel room.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Timeline

..hi! according to what i learned, read from here..the departure fee is only 750 pesos..its up for you to have her enough money, but it would be better for her to carry enough dollars with her,,we wouldn't know what's gonna happen, better have enough than be sorry..hehehe...hope it will help! have a nice, wonderful trip, gurl!!

Besides the money in PHP (around 2500 pesos) to pay for the travel tax and termina fee, I only got $50 as pocket money for food and incidentals. She will also need some smaller bills (in $$) to pay for the push carts at the airport for her baggage. I didn't know that it was not for free at St. Paul-Minneapolis (my POE). If she has longer layovers, make sure she has enough money to buy herself refreshments or snacks (meals).

Good luck on her flight! May she arrive in your arms safe and sound. :thumbs:

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

As previously mentioned, enough money should be carried to pay for the fees and taxes. Then enough for overweight luggage, layovers, and phone calls just in case. JAL and AA feed you pretty good, but it is a long layover at Narita. The luggage cart fee at O'Hare was $3.

I would think $100 should be enough.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Thank you all for the replies and the wishes.

edp333, JAL and AA aren't partnering those flights anymore. AA has begun partnering with NWA now. So the flight from Aquino to Narita is NWA. From Narita to DFW or O'hare is still AA.

rnb.jpg

If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. - Matthew 21:22

The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. - Hebrews 13:6

I will fear no evil - Psalm 23:4

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.