NickD

Sorry, flavaofsummer

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Believe me, we didn't do anything, no calls, no bribes, no making a birthday wish after blowing out all the candles, no tossing money in a wishing well, no Novena's, no special prayers, or prayers from friends, or relatives, no nothing.

But exactly 67 days ago my wife's N-400 was received by Nebraska, and today she got in her interview notice that is 41 days from today at 12:50 PM.

Told my wife about you, we will say a prayer that you gets yours soon too.

This time, her interview is at the St. Paul office, right off the interstate is lots of free parking. Her day is on a Thursday, too bad not a Friday, we can make a weekend out of it. I-797C says not to come over 30 minutes early as their waiting room is over crowded, okay, always a first time. And don't they know there is nothing I rather do than wait in a waiting room?

See I have to bring my fat brief case with us, but all originals this time, but will have to run over to our court house to get yet another marriage certificate, how many do they want? Our state says we can get fined for making copies so I took that literally and send them originals. Also says to allow two hours for the interview, but the interview times shown here averaging ten minutes, we may set a new record.

I just checked her case status, same notice that they received her application March 31, 2008, and they haven't touched her case since that date, processing date for St. Paul is October 30, 2007 so I guess that doesn't mean much.

Will have my wife practice writing, "My dog had six kittens.", and quiz her on the civics.

Oh, and for the first time this form said to wear proper attire, gee, we were planning on going in naked to make the job of the armed guards easier, but will have to do that at another time.

flavaofsummer, we hope you get your interview, soon.

Filed: Timeline

thanks alot that was nice of u to actual care enough to tell me and wish me..yes however i did wish many times if i were a kid again i would wish upon a star,,throw quaters in a wishing well..blown on birthday cake candles..but i do alot of special prayers through out the entire day..before sleeping i pray for it..i've asked my son to pray for me to get this so we can live in our own home with his dad..(hes 3 years old now ) i have prayed..harassed the uscis by calling them. and i called them twice today asked the same question,, i filed in nov2007 its almost 7 months i took my finger prints and were cleared very quickly so how much do i wait now..the IO said after fingerprints clear they put u inline for the interview which is between 90-130 days..he claims i should be getting a letter this month..he sounded confident..so...........im gona call them next week and ask the same question again till i get the IL.. ur right time does pass by but i feel im wasting time by not being with my husband..not sleeping with him not waking up each day with him..him not watching his son go to the playground for the first time..all those r things that i feel hes missing out on..i remember this one day when i was with him..we went to the area of the mall where they had rides for kids and we were watching our son for the first time going on it laughing and having a blast. so moments like that u know? HOWEVER my dad being a psycho/bipolar/ocd i get a little impatient .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thing is, you just don't know, was discussing this issue with my immigration attorney, that old saying, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, well it can just as easily get the shaft. Can be by calling your file is put at the bottom of the stack or whoever you are talking to may have sympathy and process it right away.

Since you filed in November with most case processing depending on your field office is listing dates between last June to October, your date really hasn't come up yet. And you can't fight those dates, seems like the harder I tried to get those ten year green cards for my wife, the further behind I got. We were within inches of our date, then Nebraska posts that infamous July 05, 2006 date.

Know a little what you are going through living with a bipolar and can imagine it's much worse since that person is an authoritative figure, and like living under a gun with a hair trigger. Person can improve, stay the same, or get worse. But do know this, can have your life led for you or to take the bull by the horns and change it. Well, with the USCIS being the exception to that. Then your citizenship is only a stepping stone, still have that long lead time I-130 ahead of you.

Filed: Timeline

well what do u think about what the IO said to me when i called? ill repeat it incase u dont remember.,, he said after the fingerprints they allow 90-130 days before they give u the IL so urs should be this month since ur fingers cleared in febuary2008,,since they all say a diff thing this guy told me this so what do u think am i gona get it this month or is he messing with my head??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.