Jack & Tam

We've had our interview

7 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I want to thank you all for your well wishes for my hubby's interview today.

Our appointment was scheduled for 9:30am. We arrived at 8:40am and had our ticket at 8:55am (surprisingly fast!).

Our number was 009 & we were seen right at 10:00am. We were first called to desk number 14 where my hubby gave his documents to the clerk. He mentioned that we were missing 2 documents (one from co sponsor & one for hubby). He said the officer would discuss with us.

We went and sat back down and was then called to desk number 13. The woman we saw was very nice & helpful (although she put me on "mute" so that hubby answered all of the questions).

She then told us that my brother (co sponsor) forgot to send a document so said he could fax or email to me and that it wouldn't be a problem.

She also said that my hubby needed another police certificate as he has had a name change (DOH!!!).

We spent the rest of the day sorting out his new request for the police certificate hoping that it goes quickly.

SOOOOO long story short...Embassy experience was good-no issues there. Interview was also painless. The documents we had were "PERFECT" aside from those 2 missing pieces of paper.

My brother is sending his missing doc (proof of citizenship...again DOH!!!) tomorrow & we have our fingers crossed for the speed of the police certificate.

Once both documents are received, we simply post them with his passport back to the Embassy (with a blue slip of paper) and the greencard will be issued.

Either way, I will be flying out to Houston on 30th May (because of the pooches) and we are hoping against hope that the police certificate arrives in time for hubby to fly with me.

If not, we are getting prepared for him to stay on & join me at the end of June.

I'm honestly in a bit of shock at the minute as I was convinced that we had EVERYTHING-but alas :angry: we didn't (note to self...ALWAYS check the documents I had nothing to do with!)

I hope that the other interviews this week have and or will go swimmingly & again thanks for the well wishes!

11.23.00-Our engagement

07.26.01-Tam moves to the UK

11.23.01-Our wedding

12.08.05-I-130 sent to Embassy

12.12.06-I-130 NOA 1

02.08.06-I-130 NOA 2

03.03.06-Packet 3 received

04.05.06-Packet 3 posted

04.07.06-Medical appointment

04.21.06-Packet 4 received

05.10.06-INTERVIEW!!!!

05.10.06-Approval pending-waiting for additional docuemnts

05.19.06-Additional documents sent by courier to the Embassy

05.22.06-Documents received by the Embassy

05.26.06-VISA APPROVED!!!

05.27.06-Visa received back :)

05.30.06-Flight from LGW to IAH (WHOOO HOOOO!!!)

Sorry to hear about that!!! I hope it will not be too much of an issue for what is left to do or send!

We are missing 2004's tax return of my co-sponsor... I am a bit nervous because of that... we do have 2003 and 2005.... Hoping it will not be an issue!

Good luck with the rest!

US.gifVenezuela.gifUK.gif

dogdogcbu20090513_-30_My%20child%20is.png

Sorry to hear about that!!! I hope it will not be too much of an issue for what is left to do or send!

We are missing 2004's tax return of my co-sponsor... I am a bit nervous because of that... we do have 2003 and 2005.... Hoping it will not be an issue!

Good luck with the rest!

Hello,

I think you'll like this then! The guy we saw at desk 14 (his name is John) said that the only one they need is the most CURRENT. He gave me back 2 of the yrs given for both me & the co sponsor. I told him it took ALOT of work to get those & he said that it was a new "rule".

I'd say take the ones you have...you should be fine.

Just to be sure, shoot them off an email making sure though...never know if Mr. John was talking out his lala :no:

GL at your interview!!

11.23.00-Our engagement

07.26.01-Tam moves to the UK

11.23.01-Our wedding

12.08.05-I-130 sent to Embassy

12.12.06-I-130 NOA 1

02.08.06-I-130 NOA 2

03.03.06-Packet 3 received

04.05.06-Packet 3 posted

04.07.06-Medical appointment

04.21.06-Packet 4 received

05.10.06-INTERVIEW!!!!

05.10.06-Approval pending-waiting for additional docuemnts

05.19.06-Additional documents sent by courier to the Embassy

05.22.06-Documents received by the Embassy

05.26.06-VISA APPROVED!!!

05.27.06-Visa received back :)

05.30.06-Flight from LGW to IAH (WHOOO HOOOO!!!)

Good luck with the rest!

Hello,

I think you'll like this then! The guy we saw at desk 14 (his name is John) said that the only one they need is the most CURRENT. He gave me back 2 of the yrs given for both me & the co sponsor. I told him it took ALOT of work to get those & he said that it was a new "rule".

I'd say take the ones you have...you should be fine.

Just to be sure, shoot them off an email making sure though...never know if Mr. John was talking out his lala :no:

GL at your interview!!

Oh!!!!! That is great news! Will be checking with them!!!

thanks!!!!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Only ONE tax return is now required.

Since no one believes me, please see the USCIS.gov page forms page for I-864 and read the Special Instructions.

;)

Almost-congrats Jack & Tam!

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Only ONE tax return is now required.

Since no one believes me, please see the USCIS.gov page forms page for I-864 and read the Special Instructions.

;)

Almost-congrats Jack & Tam!

Thanks thanks thanks Meauxna!!! You always come to my recue!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.