JJ'sinlove

Re: Has anyone received a K-1 Visa interview and then denied a I-601 Waiver?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi there,

Has anyone, every been turned down completely, including a I-601 waiver?

Here is the situation:

I posted in the waiver section and since I am new, I thought I would post it here for some more feedback.

We have not started our paper work for my US Visa as we just decide (last weekend) to go forward with our life! My situation is a bit complicated and I have sought out this great site for some friendly advice.

Canadian Citizen & US Citizen - engaged after 7 months of meeting each other and now we wish to be together. Me the Canadian will be moving to the USA, all going well.

My last US 1-192 waiver expired March 30, 2008 and they have not sent me anything. When I emailed (March 27, 2008) to inquire of my status, they said they were waiting for my records clearance report. They did not have a time line and that they would communicate to me in due time. Each waiver up to now, has been turned around within a year and before the old one would expire.

I have been using Pardons Canada (for the past 5 years) to assist with the different documents from YVR to Ottawa, to the US, complete with interviews and fingerprints that are taken at the nearest US border.

If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations, we would greatly appreciate it. My mistakes are in the past and for the past 9 years I have been very successful in my industry. I pay my taxes each year, travel the world and live a healthy and clean life. My guy is ex military in the US and has been gainfully employed by the same corporation for the past 10 years.

Should we proceed with the I-129F "Petition for Alien Fiancé" - or should we get married during his next visit to Canada and then apply for the Alien Family Visa?

I do believe if I didn't have a checkered past, we are bright enough to complete the multiple forms etc., for such a transition.

Again, we appreciate your support and comments.

Tomorrow I am seeing a US Immigration lawyer for a free consultation!

Edited by JJ'sinlove

It's going to be a long journey, but as long as we got each other we will get there!

Hi there,

Has anyone, every been turned down completely, including a I-601 waiver?

Here is the situation:

I posted in the waiver section and since I am new, I thought I would post it here for some more feedback.

We have not started our paper work for my US Visa as we just decide (last weekend) to go forward with our life! My situation is a bit complicated and I have sought out this great site for some friendly advice.

Canadian Citizen & US Citizen - engaged after 7 months of meeting each other and now we wish to be together. Me the Canadian will be moving to the USA, all going well.

My last US 1-192 waiver expired March 30, 2008 and they have not sent me anything. When I emailed (March 27, 2008) to inquire of my status, they said they were waiting for my records clearance report. They did not have a time line and that they would communicate to me in due time. Each waiver up to now, has been turned around within a year and before the old one would expire.

I have been using Pardons Canada (for the past 5 years) to assist with the different documents from YVR to Ottawa, to the US, complete with interviews and fingerprints that are taken at the nearest US border.

If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations, we would greatly appreciate it. My mistakes are in the past and for the past 9 years I have been very successful in my industry. I pay my taxes each year, travel the world and live a healthy and clean life. My guy is ex military in the US and has been gainfully employed by the same corporation for the past 10 years.

Should we proceed with the I-129F "Petition for Alien Fiancé" - or should we get married during his next visit to Canada and then apply for the Alien Family Visa?

I do believe if I didn't have a checkered past, we are bright enough to complete the multiple forms etc., for such a transition.

Again, we appreciate your support and comments.

Tomorrow I am seeing a US Immigration lawyer for a free consultation!

You might get more information from the Waiver Section on this topic. I think there has been several Canadians that have or are going through this process now. I'm only going to hazzard a guess and suggest that maybe it depends on what the criminal conviction was for?

Just from reading the boards, you could also PM emt103c. He/she seems to be know a lot about Canada and waivers.

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.