Laura_and_IanM

OMG one more question lol

9 posts in this topic

Ok OK OK so I know that I probably look like a chicken with its head cut off, but the hubby has just posed one more question...then I promise I will be quiet for a bit anyway lol. On the return address on the envelope, should I have it state my residence in NY or should I put my hubby's home here in the UK. I am starting the application while I am here, but I need to know if I will get the reciept of the package when I send it registered mail?! I hope someone can understand what I am trying to say. lol. So here? Or there?

Thanks again...

Laura and Ian Mitchell :blink::innocent:

Love is not an EMOTION or FEELING....

That if made from the heart...will outlast ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117 (shortcuts)

TIMELINE

04/29/2006......MARRIED MY VERY OWN CLOWN WOOOHOOOO

Now we are through with immigration until the end of 2008. Please read my timeline to see our process. Remember, patience is a beatuiful thing if you can remember to keep it...I will be damned if we did lol. We are all here on this site for the same reason...lets all help one another...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

do you live in the USA? if so then you should put the addy where you live and where all corrsepondence is being sent to and from. what addy does INS have? while doing ours, all things were sent to dh addy in NC :) hope this helps :)

May God's Grace be all you will ever need ticker.png

What you put as the return address doesn't matter. Why don't you send it by Fed Ex or DHL and then you'll be able to track it on-line. Then you have no need for a 'return receipt' to tell you that it got delivered.

G

I-129F Filing

G (USA)

L (Scotland)

2005-02-05 Sent to TSC

2005-03-02 NOA2 rcvd

2005-04-27 Medical - 3:40 pm in Edinburgh

2005-05-19 Interview - approved!!

2005-06-12 G & L fly to Florida

2005-08-20 Wedding day!!

2005-09-15 Sent AOS docs

2005-09-23 NOA1 rcvd for 485, 765, and 131

2005-11-28 AP rcvd

2006-01-03 EAD rcvd

2006-03-08 AOS interview - Success - pending FBI name check!!

2006-04-05 Rcvd the 'Welcome To America' email. Name check is done!!

2006-04-17 Green Card Received!!

2008-02-05 Sent I-751 to remove conditions

2008-02-11 I-751 received in Texas

2008-02-25 Check finally cashed!!

2008-03-19 Biometrics completed in West Palm Beach

2008-12-23 Rcvd notification of GC production

2008-12-30 Rcvd notification of confirmation letter going in the mail.

"Just as our DNA is unique, so too is our visa processing experience."

G 3/31/05

Ok I sent it by deliver confirmation with my addy as the is in the US. Now, will I be able to look online to see if they recieved it without waiting to look at the tracking or no??

Thanks again...

TIMELINE

Now we are through with immigration until the end of 2008. Please read my timeline to see our process. Remember, patience is a beatuiful thing if you can remember to keep it...I will be damned if we did lol. We are all here on this site for the same reason...lets all help one another...

Filed: Timeline

Laura and Ian Mitchell

Where do you want the mail piece returned to if the postal service can't deliver it? That's the address to use for the return address on the mail piece.

The return address on the mail piece is not used for the delivery receipt for registered mail - you've got to give them the address for that separately.

Yodrak

Ok OK OK so I know that I probably look like a chicken with its head cut off, but the hubby has just posed one more question...then I promise I will be quiet for a bit anyway lol. On the return address on the envelope, should I have it state my residence in NY or should I put my hubby's home here in the UK. I am starting the application while I am here, but I need to know if I will get the reciept of the package when I send it registered mail?! I hope someone can understand what I am trying to say. lol. So here? Or there?

Thanks again...

Laura and Ian Mitchell :blink::innocent:

If I understand you correctly, you are in the UK with your husband at the moment and you posted something to the USA. Now you want to know if you can track the package on-line.

Didn't you ask this at the Post Office where you mailed the package?

What happens if the UK postal service has a problem with your package before it leaves the UK? Do you expect them to send it to the US return address that you used? I doubt that they'll do this. Hopefully there won't be any problems.

Best of luck,

G

I-129F Filing

G (USA)

L (Scotland)

2005-02-05 Sent to TSC

2005-03-02 NOA2 rcvd

2005-04-27 Medical - 3:40 pm in Edinburgh

2005-05-19 Interview - approved!!

2005-06-12 G & L fly to Florida

2005-08-20 Wedding day!!

2005-09-15 Sent AOS docs

2005-09-23 NOA1 rcvd for 485, 765, and 131

2005-11-28 AP rcvd

2006-01-03 EAD rcvd

2006-03-08 AOS interview - Success - pending FBI name check!!

2006-04-05 Rcvd the 'Welcome To America' email. Name check is done!!

2006-04-17 Green Card Received!!

2008-02-05 Sent I-751 to remove conditions

2008-02-11 I-751 received in Texas

2008-02-25 Check finally cashed!!

2008-03-19 Biometrics completed in West Palm Beach

2008-12-23 Rcvd notification of GC production

2008-12-30 Rcvd notification of confirmation letter going in the mail.

"Just as our DNA is unique, so too is our visa processing experience."

G 3/31/05

If I understand you correctly, you are in the UK with your husband at the moment and you posted something to the USA. Now you want to know if you can track the package on-line.

Didn't you ask this at the Post Office where you mailed the package?

What happens if the UK postal service has a problem with your package before it leaves the UK? Do you expect them to send it to the US return address that you used? I doubt that they'll do this. Hopefully there won't be any problems.

Best of luck,

G

Hiya..Of course I asked them at the post office. I asked them for delivery confirmation. Now I have posted things in the US the same way but have always gotten a reciept showing that it had been delivered and signed for. When my husband got home from work, I told him that the post man said that they send something, and my husband then told me that I have been given a run around because over here they don't get anything back. That was why I was asking if I can track it online..but perhaps I was misunderstood by my first post, what I wanted to know was if there was a way I can find out if my package was recieved in Vermont. But hey, thanks for the vote of condifidence there anyway..

TIMELINE

When we were ready to mail our I-129f off I had asked the Post Office about delivery confirmation. They had told me that once the packet left the UK & was in the hands of the US postal service that they could not track it and could not guarantee any delivery confirmation.

Very frustrating! :(

We ended up sending our petition via UPS for that very reason - we wanted to be sure it was received!! ;)

As per our experience with our 1st I-130 petition being sent via snail mail & us not being able to track it (and having no reference number to give the USCIS Customer Service line) we knew how we did not want to go through that helplessness again.

CR-1:

14-Dec-05: Sent I-130 to London for DCF

28-Dec-05: Letter from Embassy denying due to LLR

17-Jan-06: RFE from TX due to "lack of payment"; USCIS won't accept credit card form from Embassy

01-Feb-06: Sent new I-130 to TX with personal check

13-Feb-06: NOA1

02-June-06: NOA2

05-June-06: Case received at NVC; case # assigned

26-June-06: DS-3032 Choice of Agent rec'd via snail mail

06-July-06: DS-3032 COA mailed; AOS bill mailed

24-July-06: IV bill generated

31-July-06: I-864 rec'd via snail mail; IV bill rec'd

31-Aug-06: IV bill mailed (delayed due to move to US)

21-Sep-06: DS-230 rec'd via snail mail

02-Oct-06: DS-230 & I-864 mailed

08-Nov-06: Case completed at NVC & forwarded to London Embassy!!!

28-Feb-07: Final Interview at London Embassy

01-Mar-07: Visa in hand!!!

Removal of Conditions:

16-Feb-09: I-751 sent to VSC

23-Feb-09: I-751 NOA1

10-Apr-09: Biometrics Appt

02-Sep-09: Approved - 10-yr Green Card Production Ordered

When we were ready to mail our I-129f off I had asked the Post Office about delivery confirmation. They had told me that once the packet left the UK & was in the hands of the US postal service that they could not track it and could not guarantee any delivery confirmation.

Very frustrating! :(

We ended up sending our petition via UPS for that very reason - we wanted to be sure it was received!! ;)

As per our experience with our 1st I-130 petition being sent via snail mail & us not being able to track it (and having no reference number to give the USCIS Customer Service line) we knew how we did not want to go through that helplessness again.

Thank you Rebster. I appreciate your help instead of getting responses like the previous one. I can understand that some questions may seem stupid to some, but honestly, if we knew the answer would we be asking??? I am not that ignorant where I wouldnt ask about delivery confirmation or tracking. The post man never told me what you just did. Hence the reason why my husband told me that I was given a run around. It is frustrating when you are in another country and you don't know the procedures and even the slightest word said incorrectly can go misinterprated. I have run into that quite frequently here. They may use the same words but they could have the totally different meaning.

Thanks again!!

Laura and Ian Mitchell

TIMELINE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.