honeybeary1999

Interviewer in Casa

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

So I have been reading that the approval of the visa happens before the interview and it depending on the interviewer you get could mean approval or denial or ap hell.

Exactly who does what? I have heard horror stories about a blonde...

Im a little freaked out. My fiance's interview is on the 19th and he is curently at this very minute he is at his medical exam.

Should i warn him about the blonde? What signs should he look out for? I know we have plenty of "proof" and every one tells me that we will be fine and some people tell me he will get his visa right away.... how do they know this?

omg Im so freaking confused.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
So I have been reading that the approval of the visa happens before the interview and it depending on the interviewer you get could mean approval or denial or ap hell.

Im a little freaked out. My fiance's interview is on the 19th and he is curently at this very minute he is at his medical exam.

Should i warn him about the blonde? What signs should he look out for? I know we have plenty of "proof" and every one tells me that we will be fine and some people tell me he will get his visa right away.... how do they know this?

I would not recommend having him freak out over the blonde you can advise him that she more "complicated" to say in nicer terms. Just make sure he understands the question before he answers any questions. Now I would recommend him listening to the prior interviews so he can no what not to do. My love said he learned a lot from the others before him and knew what not to do. Just be prepared and tell him to be calm and all will be good Insha Allah. Just try to make him as comfortable as possible so he wont seem nervous at the actually interview.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Sheila

Timeline

My fiance just arrived three days ago and I'm pretty sure he had "the blonde." He did the interview, got normal AP and then got called back 5 days later, I'm happy to say. Actually, she did not ask nor do anything unfair, that is, out of the range of reasonable but she did talk about personal things with my fiance. I don't know about all that talk that the visa is approved or not before you get there because so much changes in the 9 months or so that you wait for the interview, but maybe it does. Anyway, when I put the packet together I didn't really know what I was doing so I guess that they must have taken some of the documentation in to consideration at the interview.

She looked very carefully at all of the phone records and I told my fiance to be sure to place the photos of our engagement party (including photos of my mother and his mother in Morocco together) on top of all the other papers and facing the interviewer when he went up to her. She asked about all the information in the original application, including information on my former spouse.

Don't freak out (like I did) before you know what kind of AP he gets, if he gets AP. You can tell him to email you exactly what it says and then ask on the site what that means. There is a good posting on this where the person was kind enough to color code everything. Good luck!

المغرب بلد جميل!

أدرس اللغة العربية منذ شهر

LOL!!!!

Timeline
My fiance just arrived three days ago and I'm pretty sure he had "the blonde." He did the interview, got normal AP and then got called back 5 days later, I'm happy to say. Actually, she did not ask nor do anything unfair, that is, out of the range of reasonable but she did talk about personal things with my fiance. I don't know about all that talk that the visa is approved or not before you get there because so much changes in the 9 months or so that you wait for the interview, but maybe it does. Anyway, when I put the packet together I didn't really know what I was doing so I guess that they must have taken some of the documentation in to consideration at the interview.

She looked very carefully at all of the phone records and I told my fiance to be sure to place the photos of our engagement party (including photos of my mother and his mother in Morocco together) on top of all the other papers and facing the interviewer when he went up to her. She asked about all the information in the original application, including information on my former spouse.

Don't freak out (like I did) before you know what kind of AP he gets, if he gets AP. You can tell him to email you exactly what it says and then ask on the site what that means. There is a good posting on this where the person was kind enough to color code everything. Good luck!

THanks!

so i made a binder for him... in the binder (professionally bound and everything) the first page is a copy of the approval notice from uscis. then there is a copy of my petition, the biometrics, copies (certified) of plane tickets and bus tickets, copies of emails, chats and phone log, and pictures of our engagement party and other pictures of us together. I also sent him a seperate bit of papers that include (just in case) an aff. of support, a letter from my employer and last years tax return. ( i pray they dont look at this one, because i recently changed jobs and moved to a different state and i make less here then i did before i moved, but i sent it just incase they ask for it. I did notify uscis when i moved)

he had his medical today, all went well. he has already filled out his applicaiton and has all documents translated and ready to go.... so now its the hurry up and wait game... uuugggggghhhhh i hate waiting.. i just want him here, i miss him so much.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

THanks!

so i made a binder for him... in the binder (professionally bound and everything) the first page is a copy of the approval notice from uscis. then there is a copy of my petition, the biometrics, copies (certified) of plane tickets and bus tickets, copies of emails, chats and phone log, and pictures of our engagement party and other pictures of us together. I also sent him a seperate bit of papers that include (just in case) an aff. of support, a letter from my employer and last years tax return. ( i pray they dont look at this one, because i recently changed jobs and moved to a different state and i make less here then i did before i moved, but i sent it just incase they ask for it. I did notify uscis when i moved)

he had his medical today, all went well. he has already filled out his applicaiton and has all documents translated and ready to go.... so now its the hurry up and wait game... uuugggggghhhhh i hate waiting.. i just want him here, i miss him so much.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good luck, HoneyBeary!

The important thing is to be prepared, have copies of everything, just in case they don't have something, and tell your habeeb not to be shy about addressing any "red flags" you have, and to speak openly with the Officer. Moreover, if he doesn't understand something or a question be it in Arabic, French, or English, tell him not to be shy about asking her to repeat the question or to rephrase the question in a way he can better understand.

We had a blonde. i don't know if it was the blonde, but we had a blond lady, who did not speak any Arabic...and my habeeb doesn't speak much English. She was nice to him, and to myself. We got AP, but they called and communicated with us exactly when they said they would.

Just be prepared! And be confident... you love each other and you want to start a life together... no crime in that!

:thumbs:

hz

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

THanks!

hope he got a copy of his medical, (he will need it) its hard to tell day to day the way they will act. He will be sitting near and can hear the person before him so maybe he will get an idea. Not knowing who he will get you really just be well prepared with the questions/answers and tell the truth. I believe they are starting to look at the evidences more now than before (after some got the visa approved even tho they werent still with the person) and it was brought to their attention, so hopefully things are getting better. Im pretty sure they prob take the next days cases and review the day before so they pretty well know what they are going into before that person shows up

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

THanks!

hope he got a copy of his medical, (he will need it) its hard to tell day to day the way they will act. He will be sitting near and can hear the person before him so maybe he will get an idea. Not knowing who he will get you really just be well prepared with the questions/answers and tell the truth. I believe they are starting to look at the evidences more now than before (after some got the visa approved even tho they werent still with the person) and it was brought to their attention, so hopefully things are getting better. Im pretty sure they prob take the next days cases and review the day before so they pretty well know what they are going into before that person shows up

let me tell you that the consulate of casablanca has long history of misconduct and mistreatement of petionners and beneficiary at large. just because some of you guys got their visa doesnt mean they are fair enough with everyone, ask those who got refused before they will tell you. i'm sure they

read me. here is a some question and interview that the consular officer asked

" how many man did you meet before you met your husband '' irrespectful and intimidationg question

" do you khow that she's older than you " this is clear discrimination by age

" do you that she's jew and you are muslim " discrimination by religion

i'm not sure if she did asked people about their differences in their skin color

those are just few questions that i did extract from people who got denied their visa.

if you want to read those horrible stories with the consulate of casablanca in morocco i'm glad to

attach below the link

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/the-right...act-is-governed

the question is not whatever you got a visa or not, but it's a question of good treatment, dignity

and professionalism. THE RIGHT TO BRING YOUR FAMILY HERE IS A RIGHT PROTECTED BY LAWS

NO ONE CAN DENY IT

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

It's interesting how different ones of us categorize the officers at the consulate. At the time my SO interviewed the fear was the asian lady. Anyone who got her got hell, pretty much. When I returned from my trip to be with him during the interview, the news was the blonde.

Whomever you get, just be prepared to answer any questions, especially those related to any red flags you may have. One suggestion was to offer evidence at the same time as answering a question. Sometimes they take it and sometimes they don't. Good luck with the interview. Oh and tell him not to freak out if they hand him the paper (221g). Tell him to read it carefully and not assume it a denial. We don't need tohave another fainting fiancee over here.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

THanks!

let me tell you that the consulate of casablanca has long history of misconduct and mistreatement of petionners and beneficiary at large. just because some of you guys got their visa doesnt mean they are fair enough with everyone, ask those who got refused before they will tell you. i'm sure they

read me. here is a some question and interview that the consular officer asked

" how many man did you meet before you met your husband '' irrespectful and intimidationg question

" do you khow that she's older than you " this is clear discrimination by age

" do you that she's jew and you are muslim " discrimination by religion

i'm not sure if she did asked people about their differences in their skin color

those are just few questions that i did extract from people who got denied their visa.

if you want to read those horrible stories with the consulate of casablanca in morocco i'm glad to

attach below the link

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/the-right...act-is-governed

the question is not whatever you got a visa or not, but it's a question of good treatment, dignity

and professionalism. THE RIGHT TO BRING YOUR FAMILY HERE IS A RIGHT PROTECTED BY LAWS

NO ONE CAN DENY IT

Before you chastise brnidokiegurl perhaps you should hear her story.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.