Chin2003

I need help! I need some advice

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all. :) I'm supposed to have my interview on June 23 and my medical exam is on June 5 and 6. My problem is when I got an confirmation email from US Embassy I didn't see my daughter's name in it. I'm on k-1/k-2 visa. I am worried that they might question me at St. Luke's because they don't see my daughter's name in the list. I called US Embassy call Center again to confirm it but they told me that my daughter's name is already on their list but they are advising me that my daughter should not take her medical exam yet. And that I should tell the Consulate during the interview that they advised me that my daughter didn't take her medical exam. I'm really confused. :help:

Has this happened to any of you who has kids' in k-2 visa??

Any advise would be much appreciated. :thumbs:

July 2007 - First met online

Oct 8 - 20, 2007 - He stayed with me and Chin for his trip

Oct 13, 2007 - He proposed to me

Dec 4, 2007 - hired a lawyer at www.rreeves.com

Jan 15 - 30, 2008 - 2nd visit to the PH

Jan 26, 2008 - He took me and my daughter to Hong Kong

Feb 15, 2008 - filed k-1/k-2 visa

Feb 21, 2008 - got out NOA1

April 10, 2008 - got our RFE

May 15, 2008 - reply to RFE

May 16, 2008 - touched

May 19, 2008 - touched

May 20, 2008 - NOA2 approved ( yeaahhh boyyyyy!!!! )

May 23, 2008 - MNL200864****

June 5-6, 2008 - K1 medical exam

June 5,10-13, 2008 - K2 medical exam

June 17 - 26, 2008 - 3rd visit to the PH ( can hardly wait!!! )

June 23, 2008 - Interview date (PASSED - pink slip)

July 1, 2008 - received text from delbros....still waiting!

July 3, 2008 - Visa on hand! yaaayyy!!!

September 3, 2008 - Left Philippines via JAL / AA

September 3, 2008 - Arrived Florida USA

I am on K1/K2 visa also.. the confirmation letter I presented to SLEC only had my name on it and I didn't have problem with it. They only asked me to have 3 photocopies of it: 1 for me, 1 for eachof my two kids. Had our medical May 13-16.

With USEM during interview.. they only took ONE confirmation letter from me, and it still didn't have my kids name on it, only mine.

The call center actually do not really know how the process goes, they only know what is feed on the system and they are reading from script but sometimes when they do not know the answer, they improvise answers which are not really accurate.

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

I am on K1/K2 visa also.. the confirmation letter I presented to SLEC only had my name on it and I didn't have problem with it. They only asked me to have 3 photocopies of it: 1 for me, 1 for eachof my two kids. Had our medical May 13-16.

With USEM during interview.. they only took ONE confirmation letter from me, and it still didn't have my kids name on it, only mine.

The call center actually do not really know how the process goes, they only know what is feed on the system and they are reading from script but sometimes when they do not know the answer, they improvise answers which are not really accurate.

:thumbs: sounds like some misinformation has been given. the medical, which includes children, is required for a visa to be issued. I'd bring your daughter to the medical. makes no sense to tell CO at interview you were advised by call center for daughter not to have medical. that would cause delay in visa being isssued.

we also were K-1/K-2.

Edited by Roy and Yazi

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Timeline

Hello Ate Gay. I called po kasi USEM this morning kasi nga po medyo concerned ako na baka tanungin ako sa SLEC bakit wala naman name ng daughter ko. Yun nga po sabi sa akin. Wag ko daw ipa-medical muna ang anak ko. Ako daw muna. Mukha ngang nakukulitan na sa akin yung agent pero kelangan ko makasiguro cause ayoko din na ma-delay ang visa ng anak ko. Sabi sa akin na I can take my daughter for her medical exam too but advice nya sa akin na wag daw muna and tell the Consulate nga na advice daw na di muna pakuhain ng medical anak ko. Pero kung gusto ko daw ipa-medical ko sya. Baka lang daw masayang ang pera ko.

Ate nalilito po ako. Ano ba talaga dapat kong gawin? My daughter is 4 years old and ang medical ko/namin is in June 5 and 6 na po. Ipapa-medical ko po ba anak ko or hindi??? Help naman po

:thumbs: sounds like some misinformation has been given. the medical, which includes children, is required for a visa to be issued. I'd bring your daughter to the medical. makes no sense to tell CO at interview you were advised by call center for daughter not to have medical. that would cause delay in visa being isssued.

we also were K-1/K-2.

Thank you so much. I worry about that too that it will cause a delay on my daughter's visa if she won't have her medical exam the same day with me. :(

May 16, 2008 - touched

May 19, 2008 - touched

Hello Ate Gay. I called po kasi USEM this morning kasi nga po medyo concerned ako na baka tanungin ako sa SLEC bakit wala naman name ng daughter ko. Yun nga po sabi sa akin. Wag ko daw ipa-medical muna ang anak ko. Ako daw muna. Mukha ngang nakukulitan na sa akin yung agent pero kelangan ko makasiguro cause ayoko din na ma-delay ang visa ng anak ko. Sabi sa akin na I can take my daughter for her medical exam too but advice nya sa akin na wag daw muna and tell the Consulate nga na advice daw na di muna pakuhain ng medical anak ko. Pero kung gusto ko daw ipa-medical ko sya. Baka lang daw masayang ang pera ko.

Ate nalilito po ako. Ano ba talaga dapat kong gawin? My daughter is 4 years old and ang medical ko/namin is in June 5 and 6 na po. Ipapa-medical ko po ba anak ko or hindi??? Help naman po

You called the USEM number or the call center number? if you dialed the call center number listed on the USEM website then you actually called up TELETECH, the BPO company which holds USEM account.

Basta sa amin, di kami nagkaproblema with it.. i actually asked the same question don sa call center agent we talked to nong nagpasched kami and he said wala daw prob if wla ang name ng kids coz they are just derivative of your visa. (siguro mas well informed yong nakausap namin)

Even the letter you will receive or have received from embassy will not have your daughter's name on it.. The NVC letter your fiance recieved did not have your kid's names on it, same is also true with the NOA1 and NOA2 from USCIS. How come a mere confirmation letter from call center which only confirms your interview schedule (NOT THE MEDICAL) can be used to cause delay on medical of your daughter, it doesnt make sense di ba?

Presenting a confirmation letter and the embassy letter which did not have my children's name to SLEC did not cause any problem sa amin... pati narin don sa ibang nanay na nakasabay ko sa medical.

But still, it is your decision if you would rather believe that call center agent who actually works for TELETECH and and not directly employed by USEM.

You can call up USEM direct and ask them if you want to be sure. the number would be (02)301-200 press 7 then ext 5184 or 5185. or you can call up SLEC (02) 521-0020.

Good luck and may God be your guide always. (F)

ROC

N-400

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

on Embassy website, medical exam required before interview.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3218.html

hope you can get this resolved soon.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

The call center agent asked for the names of my 2 kids but my confirmation email has only my name on it.

She did not give any instruction for them not to take the medical exam along with me but only Security Advice.

N-400

March 21, 2014 - Application sent thru Expressmail

March 25, 2014 - Received/Priority Date

March 26, 2014 - Check cashed

March 27, 2014 - Notice Date

April 2, 2014 - Notice for Biometrics Appointment thru email

Aprill 22, 2014 - Biometrics

April 24, 2014 - In line for interview

August 25, 2014-Scheduled for Interview

September 30, 2014 - Interview and Oath-Taking :joy:

When we first called for interview schedule, the confirmation email they sent me did not have my two kids name... not even my middle name. And it did not pose any problem at all.

3days before our interview (this was after finishing medical), the call center sent another set of emails as final appointment confirmation.. there were 3 FINAL APPOINTMENT CONFIRMATION separate emails sent to me. 1 for me, 1 with my daughter's name, then another 1 containing my son's name. I printed all of it and brought it with me during interview and submitted it along with my DS forms but they returned the two that has my kids names and kept the one with my name.

So it just shows that, it doesnt matter if your daughter's name is on the confirmation email or not, she is listed on their data base as your derivative provided your fiance wrote her name on the I-129F form you submitted. Since her visa is only a derivative or attachment of your visa, it can not exist without your K1.

don't worry too much about it, as they say don't sweat the small stuff. The only thing that you would need to be wary of is the health of your daughter. She should be healthy when she goes for her medical, ala sana ubo and also you would need to prepare her in advance, inform her na kailangan nya maghubad sa harap ng doctor, pero sandali lang.

the website and the packets say that you need to bring 2pieces of 2x2 US passport stye pictures but they actually took 3 pieces so don't forget to bring extra pics ha... and also be prepared to spend 4days for medical coz they will still give her skin test on the first day, tapos pababalikin kayo 2 days after... and if mag-positive ang skin test, that would mean she will undergo xray and you would need to come back the following day uli for your daughter's xray result.

Im sure you will both be fine. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

ROC

N-400

Timeline
on Embassy website, medical exam required before interview.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3218.html

hope you can get this resolved soon.

Hello. Thanks again

May 16, 2008 - touched

May 19, 2008 - touched

Timeline

Ate gay ang pinaka worry ko po talaga is yung sinabi nung agent nga na yun na wag daw mag medical ang anak ko. alam mo ate nakulitan na nga sa akin yun kasi panay sabi ko na bakit naman ganun an di papa-medical anak ko. baka maging cause of delay pa yun sa visa. sabi ba naman po sa akin "kayo po bahala. pero advice namin eh wag na muna nyo pa-medical anak mo. baka masayang lang pera mo." eh sa nababasa ko dito sa VJ halos lahat ang anak eh nagpa-medical. kaya po nalilito tuloy ako. thank you talaga ate ha.

May 16, 2008 - touched

May 19, 2008 - touched

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.