w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Donna Brazile: Healing takes time

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Since 2001, women like me have lived with the prospect that Clinton might one day seek the presidency. Given her name recognition, intelligence, ability to raise money and the party's hunger to win back the White House, many of us waited with bated breath for the last, highest and seemingly unreachable stained-glass ceiling in politics to be shattered. She may not break it, but some of us see the cracks.

Throughout this long and drawn-out campaign season, I have not wasted any opportunity to advocate for Clinton to be given every chance to achieve her goal. I never counted her out, but after June 3, I will count the delegates to see who is ahead and by how much.

There are some media reports suggesting that Clinton is now willing to extend the primary fight beyond the last set of primaries. That's just awful. No matter on which side of the fence Democratic primary voters have decided to stand, a convention battle is not in the party's best interests.

To my longstanding friends in the feminist community who have called out the media as being culturally sexist and misogynistic, it is time to help educate the American public about the corrosive impact of sexism in politics and elsewhere. But we can have this dialogue without using divisive language and political tactics that further threaten to divide our country and party.

It's time that the same means used to stir up passions, donations and volunteer efforts for our all our party's presidential candidates be redirected to help mount a credible offense to elect Democratic candidates up and down the ballot this fall. This will require all the party's presidential campaigns to unite in urging their supporters to come together and stop the smear campaigns.

Democratic primary voters will need time for reconciliation, and the process needs to start sooner rather than later. Healing takes time.

Come dawn on the fourth day of June, it will be high time to lay down arms, leaving hands free to pick up the olive branch and unite before going into battle.

http://www.donnabrazile.com/viewNews.cfm?id=277

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

i disagree with the article and the arguement that it damages the democratic party in anyway. everyone should exclude gender and race and solely look at the merits of the canadites. i say allow them to take it all the way if they want and have the chance and ability. they've invested the time, energy, and millions and they have their rights to fight for what they want.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png