nemesis20

Nightmare at St Lukes and K1 interview

1 post in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just wanted to post my nightmare exp at St Luke's and how I still proceeded with scheduled interview without medical results.

My K1 case was expedited and I got a scheduled medical on Nov 28 and interview on Dec 5 2007. My wedding was scheduled for Dec 23!

Anyway, travelled to manila,arrived at 6:30 am on Nov 28 and went through all the tests. Everything was so slow and people were not organized. 2nd to the last was my physical exam and the absolutely rude lady doctor treated me like I wasnt a person! Then she noticed I had a scar on the wrist which was from an accident when i was 8yo but didnt bother to ask me what it was. So i thought everything was ok. continued to other procedures..Atlast 7:30PM comes, my name is called but the counter guy says I cant get my results because the examining physician referred me to psych exam. It gets worse and worse. I have to pay addtl 1000! Plus thursday is fully booked for psych interview (Nov 29) and they are closed on Nov 30!!! So my option is Tuesday again. Cutting it really close since it takes 2 days to release exams. I had no other choice but to go back to the province and return next week. I was still hopeful

Tuesday comes and I arrive for my schedule. My psych interview is quick -no problem. Then, the counter guy says to me that the original examining physician who referred me to the psych interview took a month's vacation and she is the only one who's authorized to sign release papers!!! I hate her. She didnt even transfer the case to another doctor. As a result, i had to undergo physical exam again and line-up. It was hard enough the first time. Problem was i had my period and guy said they dont do it when a woman has her period. I plead to them and cry in front of people saying that why should I undergo the same exam when i am done with it.? I asked if another doctor can sign for the other and he says no. I tell him my interview is next day and my wedding is on the 23rd. I plead and plead and still he says we will just ask Immigration to schedule another interview date. My gosh.

I still decide to stay in Manila and willed my period to stop eventhough it has just begun. still I go to the interview without my medical results. Thank goodnes I did! I go through the window and explain my situation and I was allowed to proceed.I go through interview steps without a hitch. The American interviewer is nice and makes some jokes. My interview lasted just around 5 min and is approved ! In my excitement though and the interviewer's forgetfulness, he forgets to mention the next step when I ask him what to do. he just says, wait for it in the mail. So i left and didnt get any paper or pink slip or pay DELBROS. stupid me.

Anyway, i go for another physical exam after the interview. I dont get my results. They say they will mail it directly to US embassy next day since I had my interview already.. I call them next day and ask if they sent results to US embassy and they asked my name and said yes. I thought everything was ok and go to my hometown until I learn the next week from Immigration that they didnt have my results one week after. I had to call St Lukes again and make sure that they give my results because my flight is on the 14th.

Anyway, everything gets messed up because of St Lukes and their incompetent personnel. They should get a bigger facility first of all so people wouldnt be like sardines in their building and they should HIRE more people!! They are getting so much money esp since they are the only agency approved for medicals for anyone immigrating to the US and other countries. They should be more efficient and organized too. -use technology for goodness;' sake.Their personnel are not exactly the nicest people even when you are just asking some info. They are really the worst.

For people going for a medical-arrive really early because eventhough they are not yet open, the guards hand out numbers already. I didnt know this so eventhough I was early, I was 100+ already.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.