de_sjiem

ITIN and taxes

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all...

I just spoke to someone on the IRS help line.. and was told that yes you can use your ITIN for State and Local taxes.. (I had this question before, but the last time i called the IRS the girl i talked to didn't know much about ITIN's.. depends who you talk to!) Anyways.. he said that they will send you the number in the mail and then you can just use it on your other tax forms.. :-) Hope this helps some of you out there who dont have SS#'s.. :-)

Filed: Timeline
Hi all...

I just spoke to someone on the IRS help line.. and was told that yes you can use your ITIN for State and Local taxes.. (I had this question before, but the last time i called the IRS the girl i talked to didn't know much about ITIN's.. depends who you talk to!) Anyways.. he said that they will send you the number in the mail and then you can just use it on your other tax forms.. :-) Hope this helps some of you out there who dont have SS#'s.. :-)

First thing the IRS has nothing to do with state and local taxes, so I would contact your state and/or local taxing agency to make sure.

You can find links to state government tax agencies at:

http://www.irs.gov/taxpros/article/0,,id=100236,00.html

In most cases you have to submit the W-7 and required documents with your Federal tax filing to be issued a ITIN.

If you have questions about ITINs call the ITIN office not the general IRS number.

You can contact the IRS ITIN office by calling 1-215-516-4846.

You can find additional ITIN information on the IRS Website at:

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=96287,00.html

Timeline

Hi all...

First thing the IRS has nothing to do with state and local taxes, so I would contact your state and/or local taxing agency to make sure.

You can find links to state government tax agencies at:

http://www.irs.gov/taxpros/article/0,,id=100236,00.html

In most cases you have to submit the W-7 and required documents with your Federal tax filing to be issued a ITIN.

If you have questions about ITINs call the ITIN office not the general IRS number.

You can contact the IRS ITIN office by calling 1-215-516-4846.

You can find additional ITIN information on the IRS Website at:

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=96287,00.html

Well i did call state and they told me to put on my state form the same that i put on my federal form.. and the IRS ITIN number that you gave is the one used for ppl calling from out of the country.. i tried a couple times and it never worked.. i read the article you posted and they gave the exact same number to call from within the united states as is the general IRS number...

Filed: Timeline

I just spoke to someone on the IRS help line.. and was told that yes you can use your ITIN for State and Local taxes.. (I had this question before, but the last time i called the IRS the girl i talked to didn't know much about ITIN's.. depends who you talk to!)

Well i did call state and they told me to put on my state form the same that i put on my federal form.. and the IRS ITIN number that you gave is the one used for ppl calling from out of the country.. i tried a couple times and it never worked.. i read the article you posted and they gave the exact same number to call from within the united states as is the general IRS number...

If that's what you did fine, but that not what your originally said.

Sorry, but 1-215-516-4846 ain't the international number and you think it being tax season might have something to do with it being busy. Of course IRS pubs are going to tell you to call the IRS 800#, just as the CIS pubs tell you to call their 800# and sometimes the info is about as helpful.

"Taxpayers located outside the U.S. may also contact the IRS by mail at:

Or you may telephone or FAX the Philadelphia Service Center office at:

Tel: 215-516-2000

Fax: 215-516-2555"

http://www.irs.gov/localcontacts/article/0...=101292,00.html

Timeline

you're right.. i did accidentally call the 215-516-2000 number and that's the one that gave me a busy signal (and it wasn't a normal busy signal it was different but that's as close as it comes..) But then i did try calling the number you left here (1-215-516-4846 ) and i didnt get ANYTHING with that one.. an d then i did a reverse phone look up and guess what? its a mobile number with verizon.. i sincerely doubt any branch of the IRS will be a mobile number.. Where did you get that number from anyways?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.