sosweet

case on its way to USCIS.. decide to get a lawyer in VN good or bad?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My case is on its way to USCIS . I called USCIS this morning and they told me my case have not make it way to the US yet it could take up to 30-90 days to get there.. So i decided to get a lawyer in VN. A friend of our also has similar situation and she hire a lawyer in VN that guranteed her that within 5mos period her fiance will be here.. the total fees is $2,300 .. $1,000 is due at the beginning and the the rest is due on the day they issue her fiance his visa and abord his plane........... sound tooo tooo good to be true......... :bonk: but again VN is all about connections and $$$... i also call a lawyer here in the US all it said is jux convert into I-130 ... and it take a year half something i think i can do on my own.. honestly alot of lawyer i know all they do is file paper for us and do the same thing we probably can do by ourself and charge us a bunch of legal fees... but the one in Vn sound too too good to be true but i think they probably know what they doing. so might as well give that a try and see if it really 5mos or 5yrs :devil: .. i will update you guys how my case go.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
My case is on its way to USCIS . I called USCIS this morning and they told me my case have not make it way to the US yet it could take up to 30-90 days to get there.. So i decided to get a lawyer in VN. A friend of our also has similar situation and she hire a lawyer in VN that guranteed her that within 5mos period her fiance will be here.. the total fees is $2,300 .. $1,000 is due at the beginning and the the rest is due on the day they issue her fiance his visa and abord his plane........... sound tooo tooo good to be true......... :bonk: but again VN is all about connections and $$$... i also call a lawyer here in the US all it said is jux convert into I-130 ... and it take a year half something i think i can do on my own.. honestly alot of lawyer i know all they do is file paper for us and do the same thing we probably can do by ourself and charge us a bunch of legal fees... but the one in Vn sound too too good to be true but i think they probably know what they doing. so might as well give that a try and see if it really 5mos or 5yrs :devil: .. i will update you guys how my case go.

Hire ME in if you are going to get a lawyer in VN . There are a lot of scammers in VN that take your money and make promises. Some that claim to be lawyers are nothing more thanpaper work preparers. The lawyer you hire should be a member of the AILA.

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Filed: Timeline

i don't know... :wacko: ..... right now.. seriously... im getting so tired of the wait.. my fiance and i been together for 5yrs now .. i can't believe they failed us... seriously, i just don't get why the people are for real is being held back yet the people that fake get away with it........ :angry: ........... get to the point im getting too tired.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

$2300 sounds a bit steep for someone making promises they KNOW they don't have the power to keep. No one has the power to guarantee anything with this process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Any lawyer who is honest, won't tell you he can guarrantee anything. I have lawyers as clients and have talked to many over the years about different legal questions. None have ever guarranted results. Don't give your money to someone who is taking advantage of you. A good lawyer will tell you the truth even if it means he can't help you and/or it may make you mad or upset. He also won't take your money unless he feels confident that he can help you.

Before Thi got her visa, she was sure I needed to hire a lawyer to "make sure" she got her visa. Most people she knows in Vietnam told her that unless I paid a lot of money to a deal fixer/lawyer, she wouldn't get her visa. I explained that no one can guarantee a visa and you don't pay money to bribe people in the US. It's not necessary and it's againist the law. You are dealing with the US Consulate, not the Vietnamese government or business. The people working at the Consulate are governed by US law. If they take a bribe, they will go to jail, get fined, lose their government job, etc. They can't bribe their way out of jail or the courts. So a lawyer/deal fixer can't do anything besides taking money for nothing. I told her that I would hire a lawyer if it was needed, ie we got a blue slip but I felt we'd get a visa without a lawyer. As it turned out we got our visa without any problems. Had we needed a lawyer, I would have called Marc Ellis.

If the consulate has already sent your case back to the US, there's nothing a lawyer in Vietnam can do now. In fact there's little any lawyer can do. It's now a matter of waiting to see what the USCIS says about the case. Once they have decided, then a lawyer or you will know what course of action to take.

A K3/CR1 visas all have the same burden of proof of relationship as the K1 visa. Being married doesn't mean a visa is automatic. Many cases of visa fraud involve people who got married thinking that would fool the Consulate. You need to rebuild your case from the "ground up" making sure the Consulate will see your relationship as it really is. You may not need a lawyer to do that and it will take more time. Sorry that you have these problems but you will be together if you persist. Don't give up. And throw your money away!

Good Luck!

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Email Reply with Interview Date 2008-1-23

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Passed Interview 2008-02-27

Visa Pick Up Date 2008-3-05

Received Visa 2008-2-29 (called to pick up earlier)

POE 2008-3-05 Los Angeles

Wedding 2008-4-26

Where are you living? If in VN then get married and do a CR-1 DCF. Write a letter to USCIS cancelling the denied K1.

If living in the US. Marry and file for CR-1.

Hint! NO ONE can guarantee a certain time to process.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.