stuck_in_manila

visa pick up

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

my interview is still weeks away.

nonetheless, my hubby has already booked my flight (just a week after my interview date - pretty optimistic of him, i know!).

my question is, is it okay to request for a visa pick up? is there a form to fill out or would a personal letter suffice?

would appreciate getting a format of the mentioned letter for the consul :)

- sue

i have read a lot with the posts here lately that the US embassy no longer allow visa pick-up but there's no harm in trying. I had my interview last March and had a visa pick up. I just asked the consul after my interview that's all. I did not present anything other that my verbal request. Goodluck!

Married 05-23-08

AOS/EAD/AP:

6/19/08 : Sent package to Chicago lockbox thru fedex

6/24/08 : NOA1

6/30/08 : Biometrics Appointment Notice

7/21/08 : AOS transferred to CSC

7/23/08 : Biometrics Appointment

8/18/08 : EAD card production ordered!!!

8/18/08 : AP document approved!

8/26/08 : AP received in the mail

8/27/08 : EAD card received in the mail!

9/25/08 : Greencard production ordered!!!

9/29/08 : GC received!!!

Removing of Conditions:

7/21/10 : Application to Lift Conditions on Permanent Residency

09/30/10: Notice of Action

10/04/10: Biometrics Appointment

10/18/10: Approval

10/25/10: 10-year GC received

Naturalization:

03/07/12: Application for Naturalization

03/09/12: Notice of Action

04/16/12: Biometrics Appointment

06/08/12: Testing and Intervview - passed!

09/26/12: OATH TAKING CEREMONY - Today I become a US Citizen

You can try and ask the CO. You can even present your itinerary if you want. But the thing is, nobody knows for sure if you can get your visa before your desired flight. As you know, a lot of applicants here got stucked with document verification that caused delays. It is too risky to plan of leaving as early as what your hubby booked. I hope his optimism will prevail. Here's to wish you good luck! :thumbs:

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Timeline
i have read a lot with the posts here lately that the US embassy no longer allow visa pick-up but there's no harm in trying. I had my interview last March and had a visa pick up. I just asked the consul after my interview that's all. I did not present anything other that my verbal request. Goodluck!

thanks for the reply. i sure hope i'd get an affirmative answer as well.

- sue

Timeline
You can try and ask the CO. You can even present your itinerary if you want. But the thing is, nobody knows for sure if you can get your visa before your desired flight. As you know, a lot of applicants here got stucked with document verification that caused delays. It is too risky to plan of leaving as early as what your hubby booked. I hope his optimism will prevail. Here's to wish you good luck! :thumbs:

--Mae

i know! but the hubby just cant be dissuaded and remains confident that everything will work out fine. :)

thanks nonetheless for the advice:)

- sue

--Mae

i know! but the hubby just cant be dissuaded and remains confident that everything will work out fine. :)

- sue

I booked a flight for my wife and anak [K3/K4] 5 days after their interview. Delbros delivered visa in 4 days[small bribe] . She got CFO sticker the day they flew.

I booked them on PAL Mabuhay class [business]. You can change flight for wala if you are booked Mabuhay. Didn't need to tho.

We didn't have document verification then tho.

I see LOTS of peeps getting delayed now for document verification.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

I booked a flight for my wife and anak [K3/K4] 5 days after their interview. Delbros delivered visa in 4 days[small bribe] . She got CFO sticker the day they flew.

I booked them on PAL Mabuhay class [business]. You can change flight for wala if you are booked Mabuhay. Didn't need to tho.

wow! 4 days you say? that's pretty fast.

still. i want to try the visa pick up option, to decrease the chance of having to move my flight it's a good thing i'm also done with the cfo seminar and only needs a sticker, like you wife:)

thanks for the advice:)

- sue

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/supplements/MN...-ENGL-07-03.pdf

COURIER DELIVERY OF ISSUED IMMIGRANT VISA

The Immigrant Visa unit uses a guaranteed courier service to deliver issued visas. Applicants may pay for this service and need not return to the Embassy to pick up their visas. Visas are delivered directly to the applicant’s home or office in seven to ten days of issuance, depending on the delivery location. Otherwise, the applicant may return to the Embassy to pick up the visa.

04-21-2005 Met in Makati, Philippines

04-01-2006 2nd trip to Mindanao and we both went to Bangkok Thailand(I proposed)

04-21-2006 Married in Mindanao, Philippines

11-01-2006 3rd trip-vacation together in Sagada,Philippines

04-21-2007 4th trip-Bukidnon,Philippines (celebrated our 1st year anniversary)

07-23-2007 Filed I-130

08-30-2007 5th trip-vacation in Tagaytag,Philippines

12-02-2007 6th trip-Manila

04-21-2008 7th trip-vacation in Camiguin,Philippines (celebrated our 2nd year anniversary)

06-23-2008 IR-1 Visa interview (339 days from filing)APPROVED

07-06-2008 8th trip Mindanao(going away party in Cagayan de Oro)

07-16-2008 Arrived at POE in Guam international airport at 4:00am

07-16-2008 Arrived in Houston Texas at 9:00am

08-02-2008 Received SS card in mail

08-08-2008 Received 10 yr. Green card

11-11-2009 1st Trip back to Mindanao together

12-08-2010 2nd Trip to Mindanao for Christmas

04-22-2011 Filed N-400

04-28-2011 Received text from USCIS "N-400 received and I-797 to follow in mail"

05-17-2011 Biometrics

08-09-2011 Interview (passed)

08-17-2011 Oath

The Immigrant Visa unit uses a guaranteed courier service to deliver issued visas. Applicants may pay for this service and need not return to the Embassy to pick up their visas. Visas are delivered directly to the applicant’s home or office in seven to ten days of issuance, depending on the delivery location. Otherwise, the applicant may return to the Embassy to pick up the visa.

See the Dept of State has its own set of rules...

So as the US Embassy..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

--Mae

- sue

Just remember, this was before when Document Verification was not in effect. Now, it is so much different. I'd say choose an airline where you can move the booked flight into later date in case of some delays.

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

nonetheless, my hubby has already booked my flight (just a week after my interview date - pretty optimistic of him, i know!).

my question is, is it okay to request for a visa pick up? is there a form to fill out or would a personal letter suffice?

- sue

My wife's interview is on June 4 and I booked her flight on the 27th. And I thought I was being optimistic! :whistle:

There's really not much you can do now but write a letter and hope that the consul approves you for a visa pickup. If not, let's hope Delbros deliver it quickly. If not, then you're hubby would just have to reschedule. Its not that hard to reschedule flights. :-)

Good luck to you and may you get approve for a visa pick up.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

i think that is too close to book a flight after a week of interview. There is this so - called Document Verification nowadays, and it's causing delays if not for all , for some or most applicants. Good luck to all of us.

Shape.

Timeline

See the Dept of State has its own set of rules...

So as the US Embassy..

thanks for the info.

'preciate it a lot:)

- sue

Timeline

- sue

My wife's interview is on June 4 and I booked her flight on the 27th. And I thought I was being optimistic! :whistle:

There's really not much you can do now but write a letter and hope that the consul approves you for a visa pickup. If not, let's hope Delbros deliver it quickly. If not, then you're hubby would just have to reschedule. Its not that hard to reschedule flights. :-)

Good luck to you and may you get approve for a visa pick up.

ha ha ha! i know....

i guess i'm just going to cross my fingers and prod my hubby to pray some more (he's the religious one in this partnership). he did say he's sending extra money just in case there's a need to re-book my flight.

- sue

Edited by ed_and_sue

Timeline
Hi,

i think that is too close to book a flight after a week of interview. There is this so - called Document Verification nowadays, and it's causing delays if not for all , for some or most applicants. Good luck to all of us.

Shape.

hi! i know.... and it's causing a bit of a skirmish amongst vjers as well (:

before i digress, i paid the doc verification fee last april 29th.... and my interview scheduled in june... i do hope that's enough lead time for the friggin system to work...

if not, i guess i'll have extra time to say goodbye to friends and families:)

- sue

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.