nemesis20

What to do in case of divorce?

21 posts in this topic

Hmmmm always remember there are 2 sides to every story.

Yes and the husbands side is porbably that he was cheating on her before she moved to US & now decided he wants the other girl.

im sorry but something is obviously wrong with him. when someone changes the mind after only a few months of marriage it has to be for some reason and it just sounds like the guy did something behind her back.

Nowhere in her story did I see anything that gave any hints of unfaithfulness or playing around. Maybe there is nothing wrong with him. Perhaps it is 2 people that just didn't know each other all that well, and when they finally do get together, and spend more than a few days or maybe a couple of weeks together, find out that they are not compatible. It happens.

You were VERY quick to start pointing fingers at him, and claiming cheating. Maybe it was something that happened to you, but it is not the only reason people seek divorce.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

this is madness, sounds like there are a lot of bitter people here. When I found my baby I asked her right off the bat if she would agree to a prenup, she said no problem. I was raped in my first divorce, over 270K! The only reason she has my son is the monthly meal ticket, so for those of you that say to get him back in court you can go just F yourselves. America...the home of the divorce award... once that reward is gone the "try to make it work" thing comes into play instead of "Ill see you balls on a plate in court", along with your kids house cars and business.

This girl came here, gave her belongings and life away to trust someone in another country...it didnt work thats it. Through the visa process he has agreed to support her from becoming a public charge which he will. He should also just by his own dignity supply her with about 5k for flights to her home and living expense til she gets back and finds a place to live, her choice where she wants to go.

If she wants to stay she can apply representing herself for citizenship because she is already here. She wont need an attourney to do so as long as she can read and understand what and where in the process she is.

I-129F mailed 12-17-2007

Received at CSC 12-18-2007

NOA1 December 19 2007

NOA2 April 30 2008

NVC sent packet to Manila May 12 2008

Interview set for June 18

Visa Denial, Contested & Approved

PDOS June 23

Flight to USA June 26

Arrival at DTW Visa accepted

Welcome to America!!!

Married 07/18/2008

Applied SS 07/22/09

Applied AOS around same time

Very happily married

EAD received Sept.

AP received Sept

No RFE's ...??

AOS Appointment 04-02-2009

AOS approved! Green card to be sent 3-6 weeks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi kababayans,

Im new here but need some advice. I came here and got married December 2007. it's May,less than 6 months married and my husband wants a divorce. I love my husband and dont want a divorce but I cant be on a marrige on my own.I

I filed my AOS and EAD on Feb 2008 and just got my EAD card. I'm working now and can barely support myself. I dont really want to return to the philippines right now because of the stigma of divorce.I dont want to be 26 and divorced so early into the marriage. Wala akong mukhang maihaharap. I dont want to go back to all my friends and family with my tail behind my back after I defended this marriage albeit wrongly. I had a good career there and if I return now, I dont have any money on my own because I send my extra cash to my family. This is another reason I dont want to go back-I have siblings I need to support. I'm well educated and have good working experience.

My question is: What are my options after divorce when my AOS is still pending, I dont have a greencard yet and my husband will definitely not support my getting a greencard. He actually wants me to leave ASAP so that I wont be able to get it because we are expecting an interview this June or July or he is afraid Ill be TNT which obviously I wont be doing. What can I do while we are going through the divorce process? I dont even know how long it will take. I was thinking of going to Canada or Middle East instead so atleast Ill still be earning more. What are the chances that if I go back to the Philippines and cancel my AOS application, I can get a US visa in the future? Im really lost, please help me.

If it's your husband wanted the divorce, do you think he has some of the grounds to file divorce to you? (Example of ground in US: Adultery; Desertion; Voluntary Separation; Conviction of a Felony; Two Year Separation; Insanity; Cruelty of Treatment; and Excessively Vicious Conduct; Bigamy; Voluntary separation (requires that both parties live separate and apart); criminal incarceration; mental insanity.)

If you really love your husband then fight for it. There must be a big reason behind this that we, as readers here don't know nor have right to know. Why he wanted you to leave the country (USA) so urgent?

Be strong.

Edited by SHAPE OF MY HEART

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thank you all so much for the replies.I am trying to work out my marriage. It's complicated.I was not trying to point fingers at anyone nor solicit pity. My husband is not a bad guy. I just stated the facts to ask advice regarding my immigration case. If it really doesnt work out I will try to call Phil embassy or try to get working visa. But I am like other Filipinos who believe marriage is for keeps and problems can be overcome.

Regarding my case:

I logged in at USCIS and it says there that last update was Feb 25, 2008. Seems like no one is working on it. I see most people's cases filed same time as mine being touched. I tried calling but they couldn't help me. Last notice I got was from National Benefits center.

Wow, nemesis...I think you opened Pandora's box coz some people here are getting so heated up regarding your case.

May our Lord guide you in all your decisions and actions. Will include you in my prayers tonight. Take care!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh gosh, it was not really a question of why but what to do. My husband and i believed that we loved each other when we came into this marriage and there really is no "legal" grounds for divorce (i.e. adultery, abuse on both sides etc). We care for each other , he just thinks that getting divorced is better to move on. He doesnt like misunderstandings.

He wants me to leave ASAP because he's scared that I will disappear and he will be legally responsible for me. In short -go TNT.He's scared as many other foreign nationals are.

I just really needed advice on the legalities and what happens to me once my husband calls immigration and says we're getting a divorce. Maybe more on what I can do for myself to keep myself here.

My advice to fiancees are get to know the other person as much as you can, dont rush in. Know your rights and read up about this before going to another country or you will be left on your own grasping empty air. You are entrusting your everything to another person.

Thank you for the prayers. I appreciate them.

Filed: Timeline

i'm sorry for thinking that he cheated on you. years ago i was cheated on by someone i loved with all my heart. and it left me with very deep emotional scars. since then i haven't been able to trust or love anyone again. i guess i'm still not healed.

i apologize to anyone i offended. and most of all i apologize to your husband if he's a good faithful person. i'm sorry.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.