marie007

Need some info.

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello all:

My questions are simple.I can't seem to find the answer here.

No.1. I had all my vacinations here in Canada last year. Most of the vacination were free.Will I have to go to a panel physicians and do I pay for this as I'm Canadian. My husband is in Missouri, we are CR1. Where will I find a panel physcians? How much if I pay for one. What is the panel physician looking for?

We are at package 2 (taxes) you know proof of supports.

No.2. My interview (whenever that is) will be in Montreal.I read on line and heard from others,it's on Rue St- Alexandre. Where is that? Is there anyone here that knows a fairly cheap motel very near the Consulate? I may have to travel alone when the interview comes. Also the police check, here the RCMP are very slow. I live in Ottawa and Toronto , but less than a year in both places, will I need a police check from both those places?How much time do I have to gather all things needed before the interview? Also at my work, I can't just ask for vacations at the last minute.I don't own a credit card to book a motel or hotel, when the interview is booked.I am extremely nervous as we are going through this proscess. We have paid the NVC fees, ($400.) what kind of fees do I pay at the consulate?

I pray for all ,that we are all with our loves ones soon.Begin our lives, althought I know it is very hard to leave one's country. There is a lot of adjustment to make.My husband has been the most patient man I have ever known.He is such a sweetheart. Thanks in advance to all, for always being there for me.

Marie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello all:

My questions are simple.I can't seem to find the answer here.

No.1. I had all my vacinations here in Canada last year. Most of the vacination were free.Will I have to go to a panel physicians and do I pay for this as I'm Canadian. My husband is in Missouri, we are CR1. Where will I find a panel physcians? How much if I pay for one. What is the panel physician looking for?

We are at package 2 (taxes) you know proof of supports.

No.2. My interview (whenever that is) will be in Montreal.I read on line and heard from others,it's on Rue St- Alexandre. Where is that? Is there anyone here that knows a fairly cheap motel very near the Consulate? I may have to travel alone when the interview comes. Also the police check, here the RCMP are very slow. I live in Ottawa and Toronto , but less than a year in both places, will I need a police check from both those places?How much time do I have to gather all things needed before the interview? Also at my work, I can't just ask for vacations at the last minute.I don't own a credit card to book a motel or hotel, when the interview is booked.I am extremely nervous as we are going through this proscess. We have paid the NVC fees, ($400.) what kind of fees do I pay at the consulate?

I pray for all ,that we are all with our loves ones soon.Begin our lives, althought I know it is very hard to leave one's country. There is a lot of adjustment to make.My husband has been the most patient man I have ever known.He is such a sweetheart. Thanks in advance to all, for always being there for me.

Marie

Whooooooh, slow your roll before you pass out.

A lot of your questions are no big issue and they have been addressed here...although not all at once.

If all of your vaccinations are up to date, then you will not need to have additional ones done.

Should you need them at the interview and get them done there, then YES you have to pay for them despite being a citizen; this is why it's better to be prepared by making sure your vaccinations are up to date.

This link will answer the rest of question 1

http://www.panelphysicians.com/

No.2. My interview (whenever that is) will be in Montreal.I read on line and heard from others,it's on Rue St- Alexandre. Where is that? Is there anyone here that knows a fairly cheap motel very near the Consulate? I may have to travel alone when the interview comes.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=Ru...=1&ct=title

There are a few hotels near the consulate, you get what you pay for.

I stayed at the Hyatt which wasn't too pricey and much nicer than some of the more budget hotels. It's less then a 3 minute walk from door to door.

Also the police check, here the RCMP are very slow. Also the police check, here the RCMP are very slow. I live in Ottawa and Toronto , but less than a year in both places, will I need a police check from both those places?

You don't need to get one from the RCMP, go to the Commissionairs Office.

http://www.commissionaires.ca/offices/toronto.html

It's a CANADA WIDE search so you only need one. You get the results in about 48 hours, so you don't need to get it well in advance, a few months should suffice.

Al so at my work, I can't just ask for vacations at the last minute.I don't own a credit card to book a motel or hotel, when the interview is booked.I am extremely nervous as we are going through this proscess. We have paid the NVC fees, ($400.) what kind of fees do I pay at the consulate?

I think that most people get their invitation letter to their interview at least 6 weeks in advance, that should be enough time to let your employer know you will need time off.

I can't help you with not having a credit card but I would suggest you call the hotel you plan to stay at and ask them what their policy is. Most places will still let you stay there but will require a security deposit in cash.

You don't have to pay any fee's but bring a copy of the letter saying that all the fee's have been paid.

When I went for my interview, I was accidentally sent to the cashier and almost had to pay again.

04-21-2006 | Marriage in Santa Ana, CA
I-130 Process
06-29-2006 | Mailed to CSC
08-23-2006 | Was told application was rejected & sent back
08-30-2006 | Recieved rejected package
09-01-2006 | Resubmitted I-130
09-08-2006 | NOA1 (now that's more like it)
09-13-2006 | Recieved NOA1 in the mail
12-19-2006 | Recieved email RFE
12-20-2006 | Recieved RFE in mail
12-22-2006 | Sent out RFE info
01-09-2007 | NOA2 Email received!
I-130 at NVC
01-24-2007 | Case Number Assigned
02-06-2007 | Emailed DS-3032 COA
02-09-2007 | NVC confirms COA in email
02-20-2007 | DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed
02-26-2007 | Received DS3032 and AOS Fee Bill
02-28-2007 | Mailed AOS Fee Bill and check
03-13-2007 | I-864 received
03-21-2007 | I-864 sent
05-16-2007 | IV Bill resent from NVC (never got the first)
06-02-2007 | IV Bill received
06-05-2007 | IV Bill payment sent
06-26-2007 | Received DS230
06-29-2007 | Mailed DS230 to NVC
08-15-2007 | NVC process complete but was sent back to US CIS (#@$%#$% this sucks)
11-08-2007 | I-130 returned to NVC
11-08-2007 | Requested expedited interview due to daughters illness
11-21-2007 | NVC approved expedited interview. Mailed to Montreal Embassy Nov 20th
12-11-2007 | Told by contact at US Consulate in Toronto that our interview date will be on Jan 4th.
01-04-2008 | Interview In Montreal. VISA GRANTED
01-11-2008 | Arrival in the US
11-09-2009 | Biometrics taken for 10 year green card
01-20-2010 | Approved- 10 GC ordered for production

06-22-2013 | N-400 package sent

Dylan's Wife has has answered a lot of your questions. Many similar questions have been asked before by Canadians and I urge you to check out the Canada Forum here on VJ.

I just want to add that you have to bring proof of your vaccinations to your panel physician so that he/she can write them down on your medical form. ASK FOR A COPY OF THE WHOLE MEDICAL, OR AT LEAST THE VACCINATION PORTION. This will help you when you apply for AOS after marriage once you're in the US.

Another aside is that you might have trouble booking a hotel room without a credit card! Can your finace book the room for you under his credit card?

Best of luck in your journey!

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.