Rhonda&Jaser

Interview in Amman

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hello everyone,

It's been a roller coaster ride. We were so excited about Jaser's interview. It didn't quite turn out as good as we had hoped. I am not sure how to analyze the end result.

Jaser was the first person at the embassy with all the documentation. Phone bill from my mobile, western union wire transfer receipts, 700 pics of us together in Jordan. IRS transcripts with his name on most recent tax return. Beneficiary of my 401K, and life insurance. Receipt of our rent for the 8 months I lived in Jordan with him. No emails because my computer crashed and I lost all the archives to be able to print them.

I am on my mothers family cell plan. She refused to look at the bills because they were not in my name. He explained that there are 6 phones on the plan and my phone is the only one that has international calling. I actually highlighted every call made to his #. You can imagine- 6 phones- 12 months of detailed bills- each were 40+ pages. She refused to accept it even though there were obvious calls made to his mobile number from the number I listed as my phone number on ALL paperwork.

She didn't want to see any of the docs. All she was focusing on was the fact that I hadn't been back in 13 months. Jaser explained that I had been in an bad car accident and unable to travel. Also due to the wreck I had exhausted all my vacation days to cover the month I was unable to go to work. She told him she believed him but needed something from my doctor stating it was true. He had the newspaper article of my car upside down and the cover story stating "WOMAN AIR LIFTED TO HOSPITAL AFTER ROLL OVER ACCIDENT". She would not even look at the article.

He also told her the reason I returned to the US was to start the visa process. The law had changed while I was living in Jordan and the US citizen could not file from another country. He also told her that when the law changed back I had already started a new job and financially was not able to go back to Jordan. We did not think it would take 13 months to get an interview. She didn't listen.

He got a 221g request stating additional info needed to proceed with visa process. They asked for 1. a notarized letter from spouse stating desire to continue the marriage. 2. Proof of ongoing relationship.

The letter he received stated to forward all the requested documents along with that letter and his passport to the embassy.

Needless to say it only took me 2 days to have the paperwork to him by express mail. He mailed it back to them along with his passport 6 days after the interview.

I sent a notarized letter stating all the above and also that I had no intention of ever ending my marriage. I stated I am deeply in love with Jaser and committed to our love and marriage. I also stated that no matter how long it took to complete this process I would be waiting to be reunited with him to start our life and family.

I also sent a letter from my doctor stating he advised me not to travel due to my injuries endured as a result of the accident. He also stated I am currently under his care and would not reccommend me traveling for at least 6 more months. I had my mom write a letter that stated yes the phone bills were in her name but the # with the international calls are my calls and I pay the bill each month. She stated in the letter that it is cheaper for all of the additional phones to be added instead of having individual plans.

My boss wrote a letter stating that due to the 30 days off in January from the accident I had exhausted all vacation, personal and sick days. She attached the vacation policy from our handbook as proof.

I hope that was enough to prove why I have not been back.

IS it a good sign that they wanted his passport with the paperwork??

Thanks for letting me vent! I hope we know something soon!

~Rhonda~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.