vichygurl

Dental?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJ Family,

I am going to have my medical on May 22-23,2008, I just wanna ask if how important the dental check up is? I mean, is it included in the medical? Are they going to check our teeth's? What if they saw some decays? Thanks for the responses I will appreciate it so much.

Vida . Thanks!

Filed: Timeline
Hello VJ Family,

I am going to have my medical on May 22-23,2008, I just wanna ask if how important the dental check up is? I mean, is it included in the medical? Are they going to check our teeth's? What if they saw some decays? Thanks for the responses I will appreciate it so much.

Vida . Thanks!

They didn't check my teeth the doctor just asked me if I have complete set of teeth though. It's not really a big deal... they are actually looking for TB and HIV/STDs . Good luck on your medical.

aj lit is correct... dont worry too much about the dental cause you'll be alright... but if you want to have anything to be done with your teeth its advisable to get it done here in the philippines cause dental is way too high in the US... unless you have a dental insurance :D

27. What other people think of you is none of your business.

Newton's third law of motion "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction."

aj lit is correct... dont worry too much about the dental cause you'll be alright... but if you want to have anything to be done with your teeth its advisable to get it done here in the philippines cause dental is way too high in the US... unless you have a dental insurance :D

Great Advice.

Even with insurance in USA it can cost a small fortune. I think Insurance only cover 1/2 on fillings. So you will be looking around $100 per tooth for filling after insurance.

My fiance had filling done in PI and it ran around $10 per tooth.

I also had braces for her about a year ago in PI. It ran about 5 times cheaper than in USA.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Timeline

Thank you so much for the advise! I appreciate it! I will have my dental here before i leave, i just worry about the upcoming medical if its included. Thank you again!

Timeline
Thank you so much for the advise! I appreciate it! I will have my dental here before i leave, i just worry about the upcoming medical if its included. Thank you again!

Hope everything will be fine on your interview. Don't worry too much. My prayers are with you.

Good luck both on your medical and interview.

Our Medical Experience

K1/K2 Interview Experience

glitterfy-flpbk9170423469534.gif

AOS/EAD/AP

09/11/09 *** Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

09/12/09 *** Received/signed by R.Mercado

09/17/09 *** NOA1 (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/21/09 *** NOA1 Hardcopy received (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/24/09 *** Biometrics Appointment Letter Rcvd 10/19, 11am

09/29/09 *** Appt. to correct typographic name error (referred for biometrics..done)

10/06/09 *** RFE: Form 1040 of recent tax yr

10/20/09 *** Processing resumed

10/21/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/22/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/27/09 *** Transferred to CSC (AOS)

10/28/09 *** Touched(AOS)

10/29/09 *** Notices sent: EAD card production, AP approved

10/30/09 *** Touched (EAD/AP)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AOS: processing resumes at CSC)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/03/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/04/09 *** AP approval letter received

11/03/09 *** Card production (EAD)

11/04/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/05/09 *** Touched (EAD)

11/06/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/07/09 *** EAD Card received

12/07/09 *** Welcome Notice mailed

12/08/09 *** Card production (AOS)

12/10/09 *** Approval notice mailed

12/12/09 *** GREEN CARD received

they dont thoroughly check your teeth and they just want to see if you have a complete set or if you're using denture etc...

gosh have your dental check up there before leaving to the US... coz guess what? they charged me almost $5000 just for the following:

root canal

filling

crown

cleaning

im like OMG!!! i wana kill the dentist for that bills!!! hehehe JK... but if you can guys, try to have a dental check up there coz its cheaper...

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Timeline

Hope everything will be fine on your interview. Don't worry too much. My prayers are with you.

Good luck both on your medical and interview.

Thank you girl... It was nice of you! Good Luck to you too! have a happy marriage :yes:

Timeline
they dont thoroughly check your teeth and they just want to see if you have a complete set or if you're using denture etc...

gosh have your dental check up there before leaving to the US... coz guess what? they charged me almost $5000 just for the following:

root canal

filling

crown

cleaning

im like OMG!!! i wana kill the dentist for that bills!!! hehehe JK... but if you can guys, try to have a dental check up there coz its cheaper...

Yeah I was considering that too... thanks for the advise!

gosh have your dental check up there before leaving to the US... coz guess what? they charged me almost $5000just for the following:

root canal

filling

crown

cleaning

So true and most health insurance companies don't pay for it. :wacko:

--Mae

Edited by David-Mae Forever

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

I'm almost done with my dental work here (still have braces on...). I had some bridges installed and it cost us almost 100k pesos which I think is 4-5x cheaper compared to the actual estimate cost my husband's dentist gave. Still a lot of money but happy that we're able to save even more :)

AOS:

07/16/08 - filed AOS application

07/18/08 - received by USCIS

07/22/08 - USCIS mailed our NOA

07/24/08 - touched

07/25/08 - received NOA (AOS, EAD, AP)

07/29/08 - received ASC Appointment Notice (Biometrics)

08/09/08 - biometrics appointment

08/11/08 - I485 and I765 touched

09/17/08 - AP approved

09/19/08 - EAD approved, card already in production

09/24/08 - EAD card received

09/25/08 - SSN application

10/01/08 - received letter re: SSN card delivery in 2 weeks

10/06/08 - SSN Card received

02/17/09 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

ROC:

11/19/10 - Submit requirements for Lifting of Conditions

11/22/10 - NOA1 received

12/22/10 - Biometrics Appointment

02/09/11 - ROC APPROVED!

02/10/11 - Green Card Received

US CITIZENSHIP:

12/19/11 - Submit requirements for US Citizenship

12/22/11 - NOA1 received

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans not to harm you but to prosper you. Plans to give you hope and a better future."

- Jeremiah 29:11

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

root canal

filling

crown

cleaning

was it a requirement for u in ur u.s. application? or u just really went to the dentist?

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.