clarabel

CRBA after k1 visa approval

51 posts in this topic

JEGO,

DID THE EMBASSY REQUEST THE DNA TEST AT THE TIME OF UR INTERVIEW?WHERE DID YOU GO TO HAVE IT DONE AT & WHAT WAS THE TOTAL COST OF THE TEST? THANKS

YES....MY SON AND MY FIANCE TEST DONE IN U.S MY FIANCE BOUGHT DNA TEST KIT THERE IN U.S AND THEY SEND IT HERE IN ST.LUKES, I PAID 1500PHP IN ST.LUKES FOR JUS COLLECT THE SAMPLE THROUGH THE MOUTH OF MY SON USING SWAB(BUCCAL SWAB),AND AFTER THAT ST.LUKES SEND IT BACK TO THE U.S FOR TEST...BUT IF YOU ARE HERE IN THE PHILS. THE TEST CAN BE DONE IN ST.LUKES.I DONT KNOW HOW MUCH IS THE COST HERE,,THEY GONA GIVE YOU INSTRUCTIONS... IF EVER THEY REQUEST DNA TEST.....HOPEFULLY NOT SO THAT THE PROCESS OF YOUR SON CRBA WONT TAKE LONG..

Hi Jego,

Just want to ask..is it really 1,500php only??Coz i heard DNA test cost around $400.Just wanted to make it clear to me.

Thanks.

N-400 Naturalization

04/25/2012 - sent N-400 package to USCIS Dallas

04/28/2012 - package delivered at USCIS Dallas

I-751 Removal of Condition

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

03/24/2011 - package delivered at VSC according to USPS tracking

03/25/2011 - package received by Center Director according to Return receipt

04/04/2011 - NOA received - dated 03/25/2011

04/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice received -notice date 04/08/2011

04/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment - Done!

10/14/2011 - Card Production Email

10/17/2011 - Approval Notice received - dated 10/06/2011

11/04/2011 - 10yrs green card received

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
HELLO ALL,

I AM GOING TO BE IN MANILA IN JULY FOR OUR CRBA APPT.MY WIFE/SON WILL MEET ME THERE FOR OUR JULY 7TH APPT.THEN WE WILL GO BACK TO GENSAN.IT SEEMS THAT THE DNA TEST IS COMPLETELY UP TO THE DISCRETION OF THE CONSULATE OFFICER DOING THE INTERVIEW FOR THE CRBA.IT IS NOT ASKED FOR IF ALL YOUR DOCS ARE IN ORDER. I WILL MAKE SURE TO POST AFTER OUR APPT TO LET EVERYONE CONCERNED KNOW WHAT THEY ASKED FOR AND HOW IT WENT.

Thanks in Advance.Me and my fiancee are starting to gather documents for CRBA for our daughter.We already ordered the forms.Just want to ask..when did you submit your son's application for CRBA to the US Embassy?How long it takes until they called for your son's appointment???Keep us posted here after your son's appointment.It will help us here specially to those who are doing CRBA too.

Good luck!!!

hey mist,

i got all my docs together and sent them to the embassy from texas so it took alittle time to get there.anyway,i waited 3 wks then i emailed the embassy @ the american citizen services email ad(ACSINFOMANILA@STATE.GOV)..it took them a couple of days but they emailed me with an appt date.they ask that i bring all original supporting doc & copies of all docs.i am i am getting additional docs together so that i can avoid the dna test. i know that CJ is my son but i also know it is best to avoid any undo precedures that may delay this.i just have a feeling that they will tell me i have to wait for the results and then return to the embassy again.i would rather send my time with my family in Maasim vs. sitting in motel in Manila.Good Luck

Do not judge a man by his mistakes,judge him by what he learns from those mistakes.

04/22/2008 I-130 sent

05/05/2008 NOA 1 recieved

05/09/2008 I-129f sent

05/31/2008 NOA1 recieved

06/21/2008 TOUCHED(K-3)

06/23/2008 TOUCHED(K-3)

10/31/2008 TOUCHED(K-3)

09/27/2008 TOUCHED(CR-1)

01/04/2009 APPROVED(K-3)

01/04/2009 APPROVED(CR-1)

02/18-19 Medical(PASSED!!)

02/25/2009 K-3 Interview(PASSED!!)

05/27/2009 Enter U.S. POE Dallas

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
JEGO,

DID THE EMBASSY REQUEST THE DNA TEST AT THE TIME OF UR INTERVIEW?WHERE DID YOU GO TO HAVE IT DONE AT & WHAT WAS THE TOTAL COST OF THE TEST? THANKS

YES....MY SON AND MY FIANCE TEST DONE IN U.S MY FIANCE BOUGHT DNA TEST KIT THERE IN U.S AND THEY SEND IT HERE IN ST.LUKES, I PAID 1500PHP IN ST.LUKES FOR JUS COLLECT THE SAMPLE THROUGH THE MOUTH OF MY SON USING SWAB(BUCCAL SWAB),AND AFTER THAT ST.LUKES SEND IT BACK TO THE U.S FOR TEST...BUT IF YOU ARE HERE IN THE PHILS. THE TEST CAN BE DONE IN ST.LUKES.I DONT KNOW HOW MUCH IS THE COST HERE,,THEY GONA GIVE YOU INSTRUCTIONS... IF EVER THEY REQUEST DNA TEST.....HOPEFULLY NOT SO THAT THE PROCESS OF YOUR SON CRBA WONT TAKE LONG..

Hi Jego,

Just want to ask..is it really 1,500php only??Coz i heard DNA test cost around $400.Just wanted to make it clear to me.

Thanks.

I also saw online that it costs $400. Hope we can get an answer soon.

mami and dada's little baba...

dev238pp___.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
JEGO,

Hi Jego,

Thanks.

hi bluemist and shai,,,,dna test cost $650 in U.S and you have to pay 1500php to st.lukes for service fee for collecting sample and sending bacK to US..once you recieved yellow paper during interview it means they request DNA test...all the instructions is there...embassy have accredited dna testing center in every states in america..here in the phils.only st.lukes is accredited....goodluck everyone

lifequotes1.gif

AOS-EAD-AP TIMELINE

November 04,2008-Sent AOS package

November 17,2008-NOA date

November 21,2008-recieved NOA hard copy by mail

November 24,2008-Biometrics appt.letter recieved by mail (December 17,2008 -Biometrics Appt.)

November 26,2008- AOS touched (got emailed from CRIS)RFE on AOS

December 09,2008-RFE sent

January 8,2009 -AP approved

January 9,2009-EAD approved(status card production ordered)

January 15,2009- AP in the mailbox

February 14,2009 - EAD card in the mailbox..THANKS GOD..finally...

March 5,2009 - INTERVIEW AOS ( 1:30PM)

April 13,2009-welcome letter in the mailbox....

April 17,2009-GC recieved..Thank u LORD...

JEGO RYU CRBA

Sept.20,2007-sent papers to embassy

Jan.4,2008- USEMBASSY recieved the DNA test result"""'"acquired U.S citizenship"

Jan.15,2008-recieved my son U.S passport and certificate(delivered by fedex

K1

Dec. 14,2007-sent pet.CSC

MAY 1,2008---NOA2 in email(THANKS GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

July 7,2008-INTERVIEW

August 28,2008-FLIGHT(POE-HONOLULU,HAWAII)with my fiance and our son..THANK U GOD....

Sept,24,2008-got married

christian11.gif

Timeline
hi bluemist and shai,,,,dna test cost $650 in U.S and you have to pay 1500php to st.lukes for service fee for collecting sample and sending bacK to US..once you recieved yellow paper during interview it means they request DNA test...all the instructions is there...embassy have accredited dna testing center in every states in america..here in the phils.only st.lukes is accredited....goodluck everyone

Thanks Ann. wow, t's even more expensive than i thought. :(

dev238pp___.png

Timeline
http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha003.html TRY TO CHECK THIS FOR MORE INFO.....

lifequotes1.gif

AOS-EAD-AP TIMELINE

November 24,2008-Biometrics appt.letter recieved by mail (December 17,2008 -Biometrics Appt.)

JEGO RYU CRBA

Jan.4,2008- USEMBASSY recieved the DNA test result"""'"acquired U.S citizenship"

K1

July 7,2008-INTERVIEW

August 28,2008-FLIGHT(POE-HONOLULU,HAWAII)with my fiance and our son..THANK U GOD....

Sept,24,2008-got married

christian11.gif

HELLO ALL,

I AM GOING TO BE IN MANILA IN JULY FOR OUR CRBA APPT.MY WIFE/SON WILL MEET ME THERE FOR OUR JULY 7TH APPT.THEN WE WILL GO BACK TO GENSAN.IT SEEMS THAT THE DNA TEST IS COMPLETELY UP TO THE DISCRETION OF THE CONSULATE OFFICER DOING THE INTERVIEW FOR THE CRBA.IT IS NOT ASKED FOR IF ALL YOUR DOCS ARE IN ORDER. I WILL MAKE SURE TO POST AFTER OUR APPT TO LET EVERYONE CONCERNED KNOW WHAT THEY ASKED FOR AND HOW IT WENT.

Thanks in Advance.Me and my fiancee are starting to gather documents for CRBA for our daughter.We already ordered the forms.Just want to ask..when did you submit your son's application for CRBA to the US Embassy?How long it takes until they called for your son's appointment???Keep us posted here after your son's appointment.It will help us here specially to those who are doing CRBA too.

Good luck!!!

hey mist,

i got all my docs together and sent them to the embassy from texas so it took alittle time to get there.anyway,i waited 3 wks then i emailed the embassy @ the american citizen services email ad(ACSINFOMANILA@STATE.GOV)..it took them a couple of days but they emailed me with an appt date.they ask that i bring all original supporting doc & copies of all docs.i am i am getting additional docs together so that i can avoid the dna test. i know that CJ is my son but i also know it is best to avoid any undo precedures that may delay this.i just have a feeling that they will tell me i have to wait for the results and then return to the embassy again.i would rather send my time with my family in Maasim vs. sitting in motel in Manila.Good Luck

Thanks and Good luck.I'll be sending my daughter's application once i receive it from my fiancee,He won't be here so he will just send me all the documents.

N-400 Naturalization

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

JEGO,

Woow..even more than $650..Btw,is that amount is for my fiancee and daughter already?Or $650 each????Pano yan nasa US fiancee ko,pano ang test nun???Kuha cla ng sample ng anak ko d2 then what's next????Anyways.thanks for the info Jego.

Hi Jego,

Thanks.

N-400 Naturalization

JEGO,

Hi Jego,

Thanks.

Woow..even more than $650..Btw,is that amount is for my fiancee and daughter already?Or $650 each????Pano yan nasa US fiancee ko,pano ang test nun???Kuha cla ng sample ng anak ko d2 then what's next????Anyways.thanks for the info Jego.

N-400 Naturalization

Timeline
JEGO,

Hi Jego,

Thanks.

$650 all in all......if ever my instructions sa yellow paper na ibibigay sayo,,,you make copy of that yellow paper then fax or send it to your fiance in US..your fiance going to call the accredited testing center near him,,then your fiance going to pay there for 2 dna kit test ,,,,1 kit is going to send in st.lukes,,,,you have to go to st. lukes they going to collect sample there from your daughter and they going to send it back to US..then pay ka 1500php....then they going to send the result to the usembassy and to your fiance.....then process na passport,,

Edited by jego ryu

lifequotes1.gif

AOS-EAD-AP TIMELINE

JEGO RYU CRBA

K1

July 7,2008-INTERVIEW

Sept,24,2008-got married

christian11.gif

Timeline

bluemist, pagkakaintindi ko yun na ang babayaran lahat ng fiance mo dun sa US including shipments. Kala ko $450 lang kasi yun ang nakita ko online. Mas mahal pa pala. Mas mahal pa kaysa sa petition fee.

naku, I hope Stamford Hospital is accredited by AABB too so my fiance can get a discount.lol

Edited by wilson and shai

dev238pp___.png

bluemist, pagkakaintindi ko yun na ang babayaran lahat ng fiance mo dun sa US including shipments. Kala ko $450 lang kasi yun ang nakita ko online. Mas mahal pa pala. Mas mahal pa kaysa sa petition fee.

naku, I hope Stamford Hospital is accredited by AABB too so my fiance can get a discount.lol

Haha.sana kamo ma-satisfy consul sa documents para di an request DNA kc tatagal proseso CRBA dahil dun.Sana mabait na consul ang mapuntahan natin.Take care

JEGO,

Hi Jego,

Thanks.

$650 all in all......if ever my instructions sa yellow paper na ibibigay sayo,,,you make copy of that yellow paper then fax or send it to your fiance in US..your fiance going to call the accredited testing center near him,,then your fiance going to pay there for 2 dna kit test ,,,,1 kit is going to send in st.lukes,,,,you have to go to st. lukes they going to collect sample there from your daughter and they going to send it back to US..then pay ka 1500php....then they going to send the result to the usembassy and to your fiance.....then process na passport,,

Ok.Thanks Jego.Take care

N-400 Naturalization

• 3 months later...
Timeline

My son's CRBA will be tomorrow Sept. 3. A little nervous but hoping there will be no problem.

I'll post our experience tomorrow!

Please pray for our success!

Thanks!

Timeline

GOODLUCK SIS......GODBLESS

lifequotes1.gif

AOS-EAD-AP TIMELINE

JEGO RYU CRBA

K1

July 7,2008-INTERVIEW

Sept,24,2008-got married

christian11.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.