✿Ice Rain✿

INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE at USEM MANILA

147 posts in this topic

Congrats. nice to hear you made it. :thumbs: when the time comes to depart the Philippines, have a safe flight and Welcome to the USA.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

: : 659xsmvk808yx.gif

Once again he looked at our pics, and then i asked him, "do you need anything or any proofs Sir?" and he said , "No, this is enough already" , "Ok, you can go back to your seat and wait again for your number to be called. Thank you", I answered "ok sir, Thank you po."

Hmmmpphh, type! :lol:

Edited by AllRightsReserved

Our Medical Experience

K1/K2 Interview Experience

glitterfy-flpbk9170423469534.gif

AOS/EAD/AP

09/11/09 *** Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

09/12/09 *** Received/signed by R.Mercado

09/17/09 *** NOA1 (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/21/09 *** NOA1 Hardcopy received (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/24/09 *** Biometrics Appointment Letter Rcvd 10/19, 11am

09/29/09 *** Appt. to correct typographic name error (referred for biometrics..done)

10/06/09 *** RFE: Form 1040 of recent tax yr

10/20/09 *** Processing resumed

10/21/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/22/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/27/09 *** Transferred to CSC (AOS)

10/28/09 *** Touched(AOS)

10/29/09 *** Notices sent: EAD card production, AP approved

10/30/09 *** Touched (EAD/AP)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AOS: processing resumes at CSC)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/03/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/04/09 *** AP approval letter received

11/03/09 *** Card production (EAD)

11/04/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/05/09 *** Touched (EAD)

11/06/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/07/09 *** EAD Card received

12/07/09 *** Welcome Notice mailed

12/08/09 *** Card production (AOS)

12/10/09 *** Approval notice mailed

12/12/09 *** GREEN CARD received

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations and thank you for all the info on your interview. Curious though, how did you know the guy was gay? Have a safe trip and Welcome to the USA.

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage : 2007-05-24

I-130 Sent : 2007-08-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-15 receipt date

I-130 NOA2: 2008-09-02 Hardcopy

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-29

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-03

I-129F RFE(s) : None

RFE Reply(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-26 (email)

I-129F NOA2: 2008-09-02 Hardcopy

NVC Received :2008-09-04

NVC Left : 2008-09-04

Consulate Received :2008-09-12

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Medical: 2008-09-23,24

Sputum Test Passed, complete medical: 2008-12-08

Interview Date : 2008-12-22, White Slips, need current marriage index and CENOMAR

Visa Received : 2009-01-19

US Entry : 2009-02-01

I-130 Approval : 2008-08-26

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your filing date.

Your I-130 was approved in 364 days from your filing date.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello fellows,500831bpsu96c9te.gif

Finally, i'm done with my tension for now. 369315rg7t2lcr0p.gifI had my interview at USEM Manila yesterday May 12, 2008. Arrived before 6:30am and my first fell in line at security to enter the embassy, where they posted IR1/Cr1/K1/K3 Non-immigrants visa applicants. It wasn't long line there compared with the other two lines (for other applicants). There were different lines also for "seafarers", that's probably the some people said who had had previous interview at USEM where they said we should arrive so early. But there's nothing to worry about that. Those long lines were different from us.(who has scheduled interview at the consul).

At this security check, he asked for my appointment letter that embassy sent me, i told him i didn't receive any packet from USEM, what i have was e-mail appointment letter that they sent us right after I scheduled my interview, i told him briefly this is what i showed also in St. Lukes and the guard noticed that there's St.Lukes marked on my appointment letter, he just uttered "hindi co yata alam yun ah, ok cge patingin nalang I.d mo", i showed him only my postal i.d, and he let me in.

(Hey guys, don't bother anymore to bring your cellphones or any gadgets, because there is really no way you can store it in USEM, though there are this outside people who will charge you P200 for you to give them your cellphones and you will be given by number for you to claim it later. Well , this people are not working at USEM. It's up to you guys, either you entrust your phone to these outside people and pay P200 for them to keep your phone while your still inside the Embassy or just leave your phone in your house, for me i didn't bring my phone, i just left at the hotel.)

At second security, the guard asked again my appointment and i showed him and he instructed me to window 3, it's where I put all my things to their x-ray machine for security check. After this, the guard instructed me to embassy pavillion. (geez! this was a wrong instruction he gave me, been in pavillion, fell in line for almost 40 mins and when i was almost finished at the line, when the staff checked my ds156 and ds157 he said, ma'am You should be at the immigrants section. There were few of us also in K3 and K1 there who got wrong instructions from the guard from the window 3. So, the staff told us to to go to immigrants section. When we got there, there were many people already, wow, just because of that wrong instruction.Those some applicants who were scheduled for 8:30am were ahead of us already. But it's okay. It's past already.

Ok here's the steps i have done yesterday inside the Immigrants Section. (don't worry guys we won't be going to different floors here, its only in this Immigrant Section big room that everything will happen from the 1.checking of ds forms, 2.finger scanning, 3.pre-screening,4. consul interview, and 5.delbros- payment of visa delivery, unlike in St. Lukes different floors to get all things done so we won't be needing back and forth from time to time at USEM.)

1. GIVING NUMBER. Fell in line to window _ , they asked 2 sets of ds 156, 2 sets ds 157, and appointment letter.(Since I am K3, i didn't have the DS156k, for K1 you will be asked for this). After the woman check mine, she gave me number, this number was important so don't lose it. I then took sit again at waiting area.

2.FINGER SCANNING. From the window where I gave my DS forms and appointment letter, its here where we will hear if our names will be called already for Finger scanning. When i heard my name i went to window _ for Finger scanning.(if your palms perspiring just make sure you dry it before you put it in the finger scanning machine, don't worry also, there's staff here that will assist you and hold your fingers for the scanning.) After finger scanning, i then took a sit again at waiting area.

3. PRE-SCREENING. My number flashed at the board and the window where i will go. I then proceed to window _ for pre-screening of my docs. Here, the guy only asked to give him first: NSO Birth Certificate, NSO Marriage Certificate and NBI.

After he checked what i gave him, he then second asked me again to give him the following; Affidavit of Support (134) W2s, and Tax Transcripts. ( i gave him 2005,2006,2007 W2s and 2005,2006,2007 tax transcripts, Affidavit of Support and Employment letters.) After he checked it, he gave back the employment letters to me.

* with pre-screening here i was asked, (my pre-screener was a handsome gay and he seemed nice)

-who is your petitioner

-when is his birthday

-what's his work

-how i met my husband

-when i first met my husband in person

-how long he stayed in Philippines

-what date exactly he got here in Philippines

-when did we get married

-how long my husband stayed in Philippines

-were you married before

-were your husband married before

-do you have kids

-does your husband has kids

The third he asked me to give him were pictures. I gave him pictures, of me and my husband with my family and with his family. The pre-screener then asked "Is your husband a muslim?", i answered "No, he is not, he is american.", by flipping the pics, He also commented , "he is still young and handsome like you, you two are meant for each other." I said "thank you sir", and then he asked me , "have you experience to travel abroad or international flights", i answered "No, not yet Sir."and then he gave me some advises about nothing to worry about , it's important that i get a good sit at plane so i will be comfortable with the flight. I said "thank you sir for that tips". Once again he looked at our pics, and then i asked him, "do you need anything or any proofs Sir?" and he said , "No, this is enough already" , "Ok, you can go back to your seat and wait again for your number to be called. Thank you", I answered "ok sir, Thank you po."

At the waiting area, i sighed and i felt something a bit upset because they never looked at my evidences, i brought so much of our proofs and evidences that weighs almost 7 kilos, geez! until now i have back pain for carrying this.613970ys7jg1sagg.gif

1_189596709l.jpg

4.CONSUL INTERVIEW. I couldn't say i have had a friendly consul, unlike others had. What i had was a tall American woman with i think in her 30's with very short hair. I greeted her "Good Afternoon", she didn't greeted me back though, she just said "have a seat." She asked me the same questions what my pre-screener asked me. Plus she asked me some additional questions. She even told me "i think you need to be grilled", then she smiled. She also gave some comments, "So you were 23 or 24 when you met your husband". i answered her, "i am 23 when i met my husband." She asked me, "what did you like most about him?", I answered, "He is so thoughtful, no matter how busy he was he always finds time to give time to me even when he was still in Afghanistan. " She then uttered, "oh he is a Military" , i said "Yes Ma'am".

Then once more he flipped our pictures, and she said "i think everything is all fine."

Then she explained brief about the document verification. She asked me if i paid for it, i said yes i did. And she said, The USEM requires document verification so to make sure there are no fake marriages or no fake identities to all applicants. She then said "Ok, i think everything is okay now. You will need to wait for your name to be called once again for one last time." And i said "thank you Ma'am", and she said "thank you"

I then took a sit again at waiting area. After few minutes my name has been called, i went to window_ and the girl gave me back the appointment letter plus the instruction to pay the Delbros visa delivery.

5. DELBROS Visa delivery payment. They gave me form to fill up for visa delivery and i paid P400 for delivery fee, i put my address in Bataan is why P400, if only Manila area it's only P250. (I saw some someone from Cebu she paid more than P500.)

Finished before 12pm. And was so tired and exhausted because of too much pressure the past few days. The first days of my mens period came the morning of my interview, because of the nervousness i felt i think. haha.

At 5pm i met Relyn at MOA and check the possible place for Eyeball meeting. Will be posting about the infos at the eyeball thread.

Thanks everyone.

Shape331641s76lyw59km.gif

Congrat's Shape! I'm so happy for you. Keep us posted of the developments re. the VJ's EYEBALL-MOA.

Congrats Shape!!! Very well done!!! :thumbs:

I wonder if the procedure and the questions are the same with IR applicants??? :unsure: does anyone have any experience or have heard of one :help: ...share naman....im quite tensed na e, my interview is on Friday already!!!!

Kenneth

Hello fellows,500831bpsu96c9te.gif

Finally, i'm done with my tension for now. 369315rg7t2lcr0p.gifI had my interview at USEM Manila yesterday May 12, 2008. Arrived before 6:30am and my first fell in line at security to enter the embassy, where they posted IR1/Cr1/K1/K3 Non-immigrants visa applicants. It wasn't long line there compared with the other two lines (for other applicants). There were different lines also for "seafarers", that's probably the some people said who had had previous interview at USEM where they said we should arrive so early. But there's nothing to worry about that. Those long lines were different from us.(who has scheduled interview at the consul).

At this security check, he asked for my appointment letter that embassy sent me, i told him i didn't receive any packet from USEM, what i have was e-mail appointment letter that they sent us right after I scheduled my interview, i told him briefly this is what i showed also in St. Lukes and the guard noticed that there's St.Lukes marked on my appointment letter, he just uttered "hindi co yata alam yun ah, ok cge patingin nalang I.d mo", i showed him only my postal i.d, and he let me in.

(Hey guys, don't bother anymore to bring your cellphones or any gadgets, because there is really no way you can store it in USEM, though there are this outside people who will charge you P200 for you to give them your cellphones and you will be given by number for you to claim it later. Well , this people are not working at USEM. It's up to you guys, either you entrust your phone to these outside people and pay P200 for them to keep your phone while your still inside the Embassy or just leave your phone in your house, for me i didn't bring my phone, i just left at the hotel.)

At second security, the guard asked again my appointment and i showed him and he instructed me to window 3, it's where I put all my things to their x-ray machine for security check. After this, the guard instructed me to embassy pavillion. (geez! this was a wrong instruction he gave me, been in pavillion, fell in line for almost 40 mins and when i was almost finished at the line, when the staff checked my ds156 and ds157 he said, ma'am You should be at the immigrants section. There were few of us also in K3 and K1 there who got wrong instructions from the guard from the window 3. So, the staff told us to to go to immigrants section. When we got there, there were many people already, wow, just because of that wrong instruction.Those some applicants who were scheduled for 8:30am were ahead of us already. But it's okay. It's past already.

Ok here's the steps i have done yesterday inside the Immigrants Section. (don't worry guys we won't be going to different floors here, its only in this Immigrant Section big room that everything will happen from the 1.checking of ds forms, 2.finger scanning, 3.pre-screening,4. consul interview, and 5.delbros- payment of visa delivery, unlike in St. Lukes different floors to get all things done so we won't be needing back and forth from time to time at USEM.)

1. GIVING NUMBER. Fell in line to window _ , they asked 2 sets of ds 156, 2 sets ds 157, and appointment letter.(Since I am K3, i didn't have the DS156k, for K1 you will be asked for this). After the woman check mine, she gave me number, this number was important so don't lose it. I then took sit again at waiting area.

2.FINGER SCANNING. From the window where I gave my DS forms and appointment letter, its here where we will hear if our names will be called already for Finger scanning. When i heard my name i went to window _ for Finger scanning.(if your palms perspiring just make sure you dry it before you put it in the finger scanning machine, don't worry also, there's staff here that will assist you and hold your fingers for the scanning.) After finger scanning, i then took a sit again at waiting area.

3. PRE-SCREENING. My number flashed at the board and the window where i will go. I then proceed to window _ for pre-screening of my docs. Here, the guy only asked to give him first: NSO Birth Certificate, NSO Marriage Certificate and NBI.

After he checked what i gave him, he then second asked me again to give him the following; Affidavit of Support (134) W2s, and Tax Transcripts. ( i gave him 2005,2006,2007 W2s and 2005,2006,2007 tax transcripts, Affidavit of Support and Employment letters.) After he checked it, he gave back the employment letters to me.

* with pre-screening here i was asked, (my pre-screener was a handsome gay and he seemed nice)

-who is your petitioner

-when is his birthday

-what's his work

-how i met my husband

-when i first met my husband in person

-how long he stayed in Philippines

-what date exactly he got here in Philippines

-when did we get married

-how long my husband stayed in Philippines

-were you married before

-were your husband married before

-do you have kids

-does your husband has kids

The third he asked me to give him were pictures. I gave him pictures, of me and my husband with my family and with his family. The pre-screener then asked "Is your husband a muslim?", i answered "No, he is not, he is american.", by flipping the pics, He also commented , "he is still young and handsome like you, you two are meant for each other." I said "thank you sir", and then he asked me , "have you experience to travel abroad or international flights", i answered "No, not yet Sir."and then he gave me some advises about nothing to worry about , it's important that i get a good sit at plane so i will be comfortable with the flight. I said "thank you sir for that tips". Once again he looked at our pics, and then i asked him, "do you need anything or any proofs Sir?" and he said , "No, this is enough already" , "Ok, you can go back to your seat and wait again for your number to be called. Thank you", I answered "ok sir, Thank you po."

At the waiting area, i sighed and i felt something a bit upset because they never looked at my evidences, i brought so much of our proofs and evidences that weighs almost 7 kilos, geez! until now i have back pain for carrying this.613970ys7jg1sagg.gif

1_189596709l.jpg

4.CONSUL INTERVIEW. I couldn't say i have had a friendly consul, unlike others had. What i had was a tall American woman with i think in her 30's with very short hair. I greeted her "Good Afternoon", she didn't greeted me back though, she just said "have a seat." She asked me the same questions what my pre-screener asked me. Plus she asked me some additional questions. She even told me "i think you need to be grilled", then she smiled. She also gave some comments, "So you were 23 or 24 when you met your husband". i answered her, "i am 23 when i met my husband." She asked me, "what did you like most about him?", I answered, "He is so thoughtful, no matter how busy he was he always finds time to give time to me even when he was still in Afghanistan. " She then uttered, "oh he is a Military" , i said "Yes Ma'am".

Then once more he flipped our pictures, and she said "i think everything is all fine."

Then she explained brief about the document verification. She asked me if i paid for it, i said yes i did. And she said, The USEM requires document verification so to make sure there are no fake marriages or no fake identities to all applicants. She then said "Ok, i think everything is okay now. You will need to wait for your name to be called once again for one last time." And i said "thank you Ma'am", and she said "thank you"

I then took a sit again at waiting area. After few minutes my name has been called, i went to window_ and the girl gave me back the appointment letter plus the instruction to pay the Delbros visa delivery.

5. DELBROS Visa delivery payment. They gave me form to fill up for visa delivery and i paid P400 for delivery fee, i put my address in Bataan is why P400, if only Manila area it's only P250. (I saw some someone from Cebu she paid more than P500.)

Finished before 12pm. And was so tired and exhausted because of too much pressure the past few days. The first days of my mens period came the morning of my interview, because of the nervousness i felt i think. haha.

At 5pm i met Relyn at MOA and check the possible place for Eyeball meeting. Will be posting about the infos at the eyeball thread.

Thanks everyone.

Shape331641s76lyw59km.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
party0011.gifparty0011.gifparty0011.gif Kahapon ko pa hintay post mo, CONGRATS party0011.gifparty0011.gif

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

Timeline
Congrats. nice to hear you made it. :thumbs: when the time comes to depart the Philippines, have a safe flight and Welcome to the USA.

Hi Yazi, thank you and thanks for warm welcome. yay!!692180nw5c9beoeu.gif

Congratulations Shape :) Have a safe trip to the US. God Bless.

AOS:

07/16/08 - filed AOS application

07/18/08 - received by USCIS

07/22/08 - USCIS mailed our NOA

07/24/08 - touched

07/25/08 - received NOA (AOS, EAD, AP)

07/29/08 - received ASC Appointment Notice (Biometrics)

08/09/08 - biometrics appointment

08/11/08 - I485 and I765 touched

09/17/08 - AP approved

09/19/08 - EAD approved, card already in production

09/24/08 - EAD card received

09/25/08 - SSN application

10/01/08 - received letter re: SSN card delivery in 2 weeks

10/06/08 - SSN Card received

02/17/09 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

ROC:

11/19/10 - Submit requirements for Lifting of Conditions

11/22/10 - NOA1 received

12/22/10 - Biometrics Appointment

02/09/11 - ROC APPROVED!

02/10/11 - Green Card Received

US CITIZENSHIP:

12/19/11 - Submit requirements for US Citizenship

12/22/11 - NOA1 received

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans not to harm you but to prosper you. Plans to give you hope and a better future."

- Jeremiah 29:11

Timeline
: : 659xsmvk808yx.gif

Once again he looked at our pics, and then i asked him, "do you need anything or any proofs Sir?" and he said , "No, this is enough already" , "Ok, you can go back to your seat and wait again for your number to be called. Thank you", I answered "ok sir, Thank you po."

Hmmmpphh, type! :lol:

Haha. LOL!369399tlzz7e64g4.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi

Wow..what a journey!..You made it!..Congrat's.. :dance::dance::dance:

Hope ours is coming too...Pls pray for us too..

Take care!

1919m3v26vlf5u.gif

--------------------

01-25-2008 =I-129f sent to CSC

01-28-2008 = CSC recieved petition

02-05-2006 =Noa1

06-02-2008 =touched

06-03-2008 =touched

06-10-2008 = NOA2

06-17-2008 = NVC harcdcopy

07-03-2008 = medical (passed)

07-09-2008- Paid DV

07-16-2008 - DV Forward to NSO

08-05-2008= Interview

08-20-2008 = visa printed

08-21-2008 = VISA ON HAND ( my birthday too)

09-02-2008- flight to USA

10-18- 2008= wedding

Timeline
Congratulations and thank you for all the info on your interview. Curious though, how did you know the guy was gay? Have a safe trip and Welcome to the USA.

Thank you cieloazul. I knew he is gay because once in a while, while asking me some questions he also looked behind his back chit chat to his co-pre-screener with his hands gestures like most gays and the way he talk also no doubt he is a gay.hehe.

369020tjheveacao.gif

hey SHAPE! Congrats to you!!! finally, you're over w/ the interview and cramming. lol... happy for you! hope you'll have a safe flight comin' here!!! wish u all the best!!! God bless!!!

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Timeline
Congratulations Aingella!!! :star:

I am so happy for you on finally getting your visa!

Have a wonderful trip to the USA and a happy reunion with your hubby :luv:

Keep in touch always,

Mina (F)

Hi Mina,

Thank you. Yes will soon be together again. Thanks so much, will see you when i get there , right? hehe.

594855lsln8in60r.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.