Jump to content

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I understand that one who has entered the U.S. on a K3 has to wait for her EAD before she can apply for SSN. What about the K4?

TIMELINE (Married 9 yrs)

Aug 18, 2005 - Mailed I-130 (wife & kids') to VSC

Aug 29, 2005 - NOA-1 for I-130's received

Sep 13, 2005 - I-130's approved, petition forwarded to NVC

Oct 10, 2005 - I-864 Bill received by agent

Oct 12, 2005 - Paid I-864 Bill by Postal Money Order-$70 for whole family

Dec 17, 2005- checklist for I-864 received, reply sent back & entered into system on Dec 22.

Oct 20, 2005 - Alien spouse received DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) documents

Oct 24,2005 - DS-3032 sent to NVC (fr Phils)

Nov 17, 2005 - IV Fee Bill paid by Money Order & sent

Jan 3, 2006 - Mailed DS-230 to NVC

Jan 4, 2006 - DS-230 entered into system

Jan 12, 2006 - CASE COMPLETED, and still waiting!!!

Aug 3, 2006- schedule of interview at US Embassy-Manila. Won't be showing up.


Aug 30, 2005 - Mailed I-129F to Chicago(wife's)

Sep 10, 2005 - NOA-1 for I-129F

Oct 19, 2005 - I-129F Approved (email notice), received mail Oct. 28

Nov 2, 2005- Received K3 approval notice

Mar 24, 2006 - K3 interview

Apr 4, 2006 - Visas in hand

May 8, 2006 - arrived in America


August 2006 - mailed I-485 forms

September 2006 - Biometrics done

December 2006 - Interview; Green Card received by mail a week later

2007: Applied for kids' certificate of citizenship, got the certificates in June & passports in August 2007

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
I understand that one who has entered the U.S. on a K3 has to wait for her EAD before she can apply for SSN. What about the K4?

Same rules for being assigned a work authorized SSN apply to K-2/3/4. You either spring for the EAD card or wait until the AOS is approved and are issued an I-551 stamp or card. In the meantime, you can apply to IRS for an ITIN if you need a number to claim the child on your taxes.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...