sksc

Received Biometrics Notice but not 'Receipt' yet

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

We completed and applied the I-751 on 04/08 to the Vermont Service Center.

On 04/14 the checks were cashed.

Today (05/02) my lawyer received the Biometrics notice.

I got online and tracked the case (since Biometric notice has it) and it shows case was updated as follows on 4/22 ....

Application Type: CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On April 22, 2008, we received this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Is the above status 'standard' or should I reading into it? I called the services number and was told, call back in 30 days after receipt date if you still don't have a receipt.

Now, the receipt notice is important to us for travel and to show my wife's employer. Has this happened to others? Anyone get notices out of order? Do you think it could just be late and NOA is on its way? Thoughts?

Please advise. Thank you.

-Sks

I never got NOA1, but my lawer got it in about 2 weeks. Biometrics notices we both got at the same time (after NOA1). A lot of people never get NOA1 or get it after addtional requests (but not VSC petitioners usually). Don't bother with NOA1. Just get I-551 stamp in passport.

Hello,

We completed and applied the I-751 on 04/08 to the Vermont Service Center.

On 04/14 the checks were cashed.

Today (05/02) my lawyer received the Biometrics notice.

I got online and tracked the case (since Biometric notice has it) and it shows case was updated as follows on 4/22 ....

Application Type: CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On April 22, 2008, we received this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Is the above status 'standard' or should I reading into it? I called the services number and was told, call back in 30 days after receipt date if you still don't have a receipt.

Now, the receipt notice is important to us for travel and to show my wife's employer. Has this happened to others? Anyone get notices out of order? Do you think it could just be late and NOA is on its way? Thoughts?

Please advise. Thank you.

-Sks

Karina and Tomy

When can I get the 551 stamp in passport? What do I need to show to get the stamp? Do I need an appt? Also, above I used NOA incorrectly. I simple meant 'receipt' ... ie. Do you think it could just be late and RECEIPT is on its way?

We really want it since we're travelling and to show employer proof of valid extension.

You don't need any proof-just passport, receipt, old GC. Make infopass app online through USBIS web site.

When can I get the 551 stamp in passport? What do I need to show to get the stamp? Do I need an appt? Also, above I used NOA incorrectly. I simple meant 'receipt' ... ie. Do you think it could just be late and RECEIPT is on its way?

We really want it since we're travelling and to show employer proof of valid extension.

Karina and Tomy

that's my point - I don't have the "Receipt" that shows that the conditional GC is extended by 1 yr. We directly got the Biometric letter scheduled for 05/15. Will that work? Do you have to wait a certain # of days before you can go get 551? Does that allow travel and count as a GC extension?

Sorry, you misunderstood me. If you would have NOA1-they might not give you stamp (because it is the same-1 year extention of GC). Biometric receipt should work. To travel you need NOA1 or stamp. I have heard about 30 day waiting period for NOA1. But if you need to travel-just do infopass. Most prob you will get a stamp.

that's my point - I don't have the "Receipt" that shows that the conditional GC is extended by 1 yr. We directly got the Biometric letter scheduled for 05/15. Will that work? Do you have to wait a certain # of days before you can go get 551? Does that allow travel and count as a GC extension?

Karina and Tomy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.