Tempeck

Regarding e-mail updates from USCIS

9 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I have a rather redundant, and somewhat obvious, question to ask but I am still uncertain. I have registered on the USCIS website in order to receive e-mail updates (Case Status and Processing Dates). I do check it from time to time but I have noticed that there has been no activity whatsoever - even with my I-130. I have already received the NOA1 for both I-130 and I-129F, and the only dates available on my account (where it mentions "Last Updated") are the dates that I, myself, entered the NOA receipt numbers (meaning when I had actually received the NOAs' in the mail). As most of you are aware, USCIS has not updated any info since April, 21 - also I am assuming that when a case gets "touched", that the "Last Updated" section of the portfolio is the one that changes (to a newer date) to indicate that the case has in fact been looked at and therefore "touched".

So my question is am I doing something wrong, or looking in the wrong place for my case to be "touched"? Or is it just that I will just have to wait around until they eventually get to my case due to the backlog from previous applications? I am sure this question has been asked several times before, and I do apologize in advance but I would really appreciate replies to this. Also, I know that the I-130s are being processed in California, eventhough I filed at the TSC. So does this mean that the rest of my K3 will be handled by TSC (that is except the portion that is to be processed by the NBC and later the NVS) or has the CSC now become my default service center? Good luck to you all and thanks.

Tempeck

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

mine was never touched either, from the time I sent in my paperwork at the end of January until the time I sent them an email, see my timeline...so it is nothing unusual really. sometimes people get approved without even getting touched at all.

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Patience is the name of the game here ;) hard I know. We finally received our NOA2 with no status change on the site, no email just the letter. It does take a long time in some case, check out my time line

Good luck

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

Hello everyone,

Based on what I said earlier, is my service center going to be Texas or California? I filed my I-130 (for a K3 visa) w/ TSC, but it was forwarded to the CSC (b/c I received the NOA1 from CSC). I know that TSC is not processing I-130s, what I would like to know if i should watch my case status at either TSC or CSC? In other words, will the remaining portion of the process be handled by TSC? Please help, as I am still relatively new at all this. Thanks and good luck to all.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hello everyone,

Based on what I said earlier, is my service center going to be Texas or California? I filed my I-130 (for a K3 visa) w/ TSC, but it was forwarded to the CSC (b/c I received the NOA1 from CSC). I know that TSC is not processing I-130s, what I would like to know if i should watch my case status at either TSC or CSC? In other words, will the remaining portion of the process be handled by TSC? Please help, as I am still relatively new at all this. Thanks and good luck to all.

California= I-130 (CR-1/IR-1 Visas) not K-3 as you mentioned

NBC= I-129F (k-3 Visa)

I-130

02-06-06 NOA-1

02-21-06 *touched*

04-27-06 Approved (Wife)

05-02-06 Approved (Stepchild)

04-28-06 *touched*

05-01-06 *touched*

I-129F

02-22-06 NOA-1

03-08-06 *touched*

04-28-06 *touched*

05-04-06 *touched*

05-17-06 APPROVED

05-26-06 Received by NVC

05-30-06 Case # assigned

05-31-06 Sent to Bogota

06-02-06 Received at embassy (signed by Pedro)

06-06-06 Sent packet 3 to Medellin

06-08-06 Received packet 3

06-12-06 Faxed and mailed packet 3 back to US Embassy

06-16-06 Received packet 4 // INTERVIEW DATE JULY 21ST , 2006

07-21-06 Visas APPROVED , coming to America on July 28 , 2006

NVC

05-08-06 received (Stepchild)

05-09-06 received (wife)

05-12-06 case # assigned (Stepchild)

05-19-06 case # assigned (Wife)

AOS

05-02-08 AOS received in Chicago Lockbox

05-20-08 Bometrics done for both of them

06-15-08 RFE for 864

07-18-08 Resumed processing

11-07-08 I called USCIS and placed an "Service request"

12-02-08 "Service Request" notice received

12-17-08 Interview letter received dated on 12-08-08

02-18-09 Interview date at 8:45AM

I'm in the same boat as you. I sent my I-130 to TX but it was forwarded to CA. So, when you look at the online processing times you will need to look at CA for your I-130. You'll need to watch the Missouri National Benefits Center (NBC) for the processing times on your I-129f (K3) application. :yes:

CR-1:

14-Dec-05: Sent I-130 to London for DCF

28-Dec-05: Letter from Embassy denying due to LLR

17-Jan-06: RFE from TX due to "lack of payment"; USCIS won't accept credit card form from Embassy

01-Feb-06: Sent new I-130 to TX with personal check

13-Feb-06: NOA1

02-June-06: NOA2

05-June-06: Case received at NVC; case # assigned

26-June-06: DS-3032 Choice of Agent rec'd via snail mail

06-July-06: DS-3032 COA mailed; AOS bill mailed

24-July-06: IV bill generated

31-July-06: I-864 rec'd via snail mail; IV bill rec'd

31-Aug-06: IV bill mailed (delayed due to move to US)

21-Sep-06: DS-230 rec'd via snail mail

02-Oct-06: DS-230 & I-864 mailed

08-Nov-06: Case completed at NVC & forwarded to London Embassy!!!

28-Feb-07: Final Interview at London Embassy

01-Mar-07: Visa in hand!!!

Removal of Conditions:

16-Feb-09: I-751 sent to VSC

23-Feb-09: I-751 NOA1

10-Apr-09: Biometrics Appt

02-Sep-09: Approved - 10-yr Green Card Production Ordered

I'm in the same boat as you. I sent my I-130 to TX but it was forwarded to CA. So, when you look at the online processing times you will need to look at CA for your I-130. You'll need to watch the Missouri National Benefits Center (NBC) for the processing times on your I-129f (K3) application. :yes:

Hello everyone,

Thanks to everyone for their responses and good luck to ya :thumbs: ! BTW, checked case status online and, as some of you have already mentioned about recent *touches*, my case was touched on 5-06-2006 :dance:. Hoping and praying for everyone to be with their loved ones soon.

The portfolio will update when something major happens, like you are approved. The portfolio detials state sthat even though the date might show to indicate administrative processing, it does not necessarily mean that the status of your case will change. Believe me, the fact that you can see both cases is a blessing. The change in status will come when you least expect it. Good Luck :)

I feel Good...........like the moon is shining just for me!

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

Eligible in November 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.