David07

Cuba News-Carta Blanca

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

I've got some PM's regarding the above subject.....I just want to share that news regarding the elimination of the carta blanca are just rumors in the island for now. Surprisingly enough, the regular people get their news from speculation and news from abroad. There are million of rumors concerning everything under the sun: revaluation of the CUC, sales of cars by the state, etc..) I went to Inmigration regarding the carta blanca; and they told me it is still a valid requirement to exit the country. I was also told that there were holding back in processing the applications ( I guess it's also wait and see for them...) Also, some people are expecting some official announcements on May 1st regarding this and other matters...

David

Timeline
I've got some PM's regarding the above subject.....I just want to share that news regarding the elimination of the carta blanca are just rumors in the island for now. Surprisingly enough, the regular people get their news from speculation and news from abroad. There are million of rumors concerning everything under the sun: revaluation of the CUC, sales of cars by the state, etc..) I went to Inmigration regarding the carta blanca; and they told me it is still a valid requirement to exit the country. I was also told that there were holding back in processing the applications ( I guess it's also wait and see for them...) Also, some people are expecting some official announcements on May 1st regarding this and other matters...

David

wouldn't it be lovely to get news of a change tomorrow!!!

seems the rumor mills are quiet right now though, so i'm not holding my breath.

Timeline

....so the Cuba holiday was uneventful in terms of any news. From what I hear from others, there had been some delays in processing the exit permits for mostly everyone across the board. We had to pay extra to get it expedited and get it inmediately....

Thank God this is over....be patient and good luck to everyone!

Timeline
....so the Cuba holiday was uneventful in terms of any news. From what I hear from others, there had been some delays in processing the exit permits for mostly everyone across the board. We had to pay extra to get it expedited and get it inmediately....

Thank God this is over....be patient and good luck to everyone!

David,

so after you got the Visa for your fiance...

what were the next steps?

did you get the PVE and later after the marriage you will apply for PSI (assuming no changes)?

did you have to deal with the Vivienda process?

what about the Letter of Liberation?

thanks

Timeline

I talked to my fiance yesterday and when he was at the consulate picking up his visa a woman that was also there waiting told him they were removing the carta blanca on the 15th of this month. This is just speculation right now but he is going to immigration tomorrow to find out if this is true and I will post what he finds out. His cousin works with immigration so he should be able to get pretty accurate information.

Timeline
I talked to my fiance yesterday and when he was at the consulate picking up his visa a woman that was also there waiting told him they were removing the carta blanca on the 15th of this month. This is just speculation right now but he is going to immigration tomorrow to find out if this is true and I will post what he finds out. His cousin works with immigration so he should be able to get pretty accurate information.

Ok my fiance went to immigration today and you still need the carta blanca, what a pain.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi y'all. I just found this site and am thankful to have some info on the carta blanca rumors as I haven't been able to verify anything that my boyfriend has heard in cuba in the past month- whether it be rumor or not. I've always assumed it was the latter.

However, yesterday he was on the bus and encountered an immigration official who assured him that the Carta Blanca system was now over. I'm still doubtful, but we'll be checking it out and I'll keep any updates posted.

Timeline
Hi y'all. I just found this site and am thankful to have some info on the carta blanca rumors as I haven't been able to verify anything that my boyfriend has heard in cuba in the past month- whether it be rumor or not. I've always assumed it was the latter.

However, yesterday he was on the bus and encountered an immigration official who assured him that the Carta Blanca system was now over. I'm still doubtful, but we'll be checking it out and I'll keep any updates posted.

My fiance's cousin works for immigration in Pinar del Rio and the Carta Blanca is still in place. No news yet as to when it will be removed.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Cuba
Timeline

Just an update- my boyfriend went to the immigration office in Habana to apply for his passport on June 12th. Carta blanca/letter of invitation are still in effect. Also, passport still costs 55CUC (I had heard it was going to increase in price, but not yet, apparently). There are some delays in getting the passport (1 month instead of 15 days).... just in case any of this is useful to anyone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.