kimmbo

POE Sarnia/Port Huron April 18th

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok so we loaded up our U-Pack on Wednesday April 16th...we put it in my name as a returning resident so that we wouldnt have to wait to fax back my husbands I-94.. we were told that it would ship out either that night or early the next morning.. We were scheduled to start driving the next morning (April 17th)... On the 17th about 8am we got a call from U-Pack saying there was an error on my 3299 form and that our cube was being held up at the border.. we decided to stay until we knew the cube had been released...we were given a couple updates throughout the day, at one point we were told that Customs wanted to inspect the cube and that they would be breaking our lock and taking everything out of the cube..sooo stressful!...around 4pm we were told that the cube was finally released...we decided to stay until Friday and start fresh then.. so we stayed in our empty apartment with only our old mattress on the floor..ordered pizza and went to bed about 9pm..

Friday Day 1:

Headed out for the Sarnia/Port Huron border..got there around 1pm (not a good time to get there on a Friday)...we had about a 30 minute wait in the car and then another 90 minute was inside the building..the most stressful part for me was leaving our cat in the car..although he seemed to have slept through it and barely noticed when we got back in the car..LOL.. the girl processing the Visa said she had never done a K-3 before so it took a longgg time..she was very nice though.. she did not charge for the I-94 and took no fingerprints.. she did the car stuff much quicker.. we made it to Battle Creek, Michigan for the night.. also my husband had his "last" Tim Hortons in Michigan..we were very tired and went to bed about 9pm

Saturday Day 2:

Left Battle Creek about 8am, crossed into Illinois and Indiana..and also crossed into Central time zone..it was very rainy most of the day.. my husband had his first White Castle burger in Chesterton, Indiana..we stopped in Newton,Iowa for the night..cute town..we enjoyed our stay there very much and took a drive around the town..

Sunday Day 3:

Left Newton around 830am, this was one of the more boring days.. very windy and extra super smelly..LOL...made it to North Platte, Nebraska...didnt do to much sight seeing..

Monday Day 4:

Left North Platte around 830 and headed for Colorado..we expected to be greeted by Mountains as soon as we headed over the border but that wasnt the case..at least not until we got closer to Denver.. driving through the mountains was both breathtaking and scarey at the same time..there were a few moments when I could have used a Depends!!...we made it to Grand Junction, Colorado.. nice town..very tired..just went to get something to eat and back to the hotel.. in bed by 9pm..

Tuesday Day 5:

We both woke up excited to get the journey over with and left Grand Junction at 8am..arrived HOME at 4pm (pacific time)... so excited to finally start the next chapter.. but totally exhausted!...

Thursday we unloaded our U-Pack..lock was still on, and it nothing had been touched inside the cube by Customs..all that stress for nothing..were still unpacking and still trying to figure out what time it is...we have 3 clocks/watches and they are all set on different time zones..LOL

taking a break from anything Immigration related except my husband will be contacting EI on Monday..and then next weekend we will start getting the AOS package ready...thanks again to everyone for all of your help along the way...

Kimmbo (Las Vegas,NV,USA)

Barry (Brampton,ON,CANADA)

Im an American married to a Canadian, I have no kids, yet Im a grandmother, I can pick things up off the floor with my toes

I-130

----------------

Feb/26/07 Sent I-130 (VSC)($190 US)

March/2/07 Rcv'd at VSC

March/5/07 NOA-1

July/23/07 NOA2(147 days)

I-129F

--------------

March/16/07 Sent I-129F (Chicago) ($170 US)

March/21/07 Received in Chicago

March/22/07 NOA-1

April/10/07 Transferred to VSC

April/23/07 Email from USCIS (case pending at VSC)

July/23/07 NOA2(129 days)

July/28/07 Rcv'd at NVC

July/31/07 NVC sent to Montreal

Aug/3/07 Montreal Rcv'd

Aug/8/07 Packet 3 Received

Aug/10/07 Packet 3 Sent

Aug/13/07 Packet 3 Received in Montreal

Oct/17/07 Medical Scheduled (Dr Seiden)

Jan/25/08 INTERVIEW MONTREAL...APPROVED!

Feb/6/08 Montreal sends Visa, finally!

Feb/8/08 Received Visa (14 days)

April/18/08 Moving Day/POE Sarnia

AOS/EAD

--------------

June/21/08 AOS/EAD package sent ($1010)

June/23/08 Received in Chicago

June/30/08 Check cashed

July/01/08 Received NOA's for I-765 & I-485 (dated June 27th)

July/02/08 Touch

July/07/08 Received Biometrics letter (dated July 1st)

July/18/08 Biometrics appt 8am

Aug/30/08 EAD card received (approval dated Aug 26th)

Sept/04/08 Applied for SSN

Sept/15/08 Social Security card received

Jan/23/09 letter received with interview date

March/10/09 INTERVIEW 9:30am...APPROVED!!

March/19/09 Welcome Letter received

March/23/09 GREENCARD RECEIVED, DONE WITH USCIS UNTIL 2019!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats on the trip Kimmbo. Sounds like you had a fairly painless time which is always nice. And your home and ready to get the next part started which is great. How is the kitty taking to its new surroundings? Hope you finally got all your unpacking done so you can both get some much needed rest.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

I'm so happy everything went so well with your crossing! Best wishes on your continued journey! (F) You noted that your husband had his first experience with White Castle... :help: Poor guy! :lol:

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.