08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

In the Phil, when you take your passport photo, some shops require you to take off your jewelery and some do not. So my wife has passport photos with studs and some without studs. However, technically studs are fine according to the guidelines. The rule is to not have anything that distracts from or covers the face. So, either way, you will be fine.

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi huggy,

When i had my photo taken at the studio for U.S visa photo, they told me to remove my earrings. But based on the guidelines for Non-immigrant visas Photos, they didn't emphasize there that wearing a stud earrings is not acceptable. So i don't think you will be questioned by that, Unless of course your stud earrings are super big that is so noticeable already, hehe.

Shape

Photo Appearance

* The photograph must be a full-face view in which the visa applicant is facing the camera directly. See these graphics showing the full-face view, and more.

* The applicant should not look down or to either side, and the face should cover about 50 percent of the photo area.

* Side or angled views are NOT accepted.

* The photograph should be in color and must be taken against a white or off-white background. Photos with dark, busy, or patterned backgrounds will not be accepted.

* In general, the applicant's head, including both face and hair, should be shown from the crown of the head to the tip of the chin on top and bottom and from hairline side-to-side. It is preferable that ears be exposed.

* Head coverings and hats are only acceptable due to religious beliefs, and even then, may not cover any portion of the applicant's face.

* Sunglasses or other wear which detracts from the face are not acceptable unless required for medical reasons (an eye patch, for example).

* A photograph depicting a person wearing a traditional facemask or veil that does not permit adequate identification is not acceptable.

* Photos of military, airline, or other personnel wearing hats are not acceptable. Photographs of applicants wearing tribal, national costume, or other headgear not specifically religious in nature are not acceptable.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.