beauty2783

filed on two kinds of visas

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys! I have a question- I'm a registered nurse both here in Phil and in the US. I have an agency who has sponsored for my EB3 (employment-based visa) but my fiance could not wait for that because it takes quite a while, so we decided on going the k1 route. Is this going to affect my k1 visa? Is it just okay that I am filed on EB3 and on a k1 too? Can anyone help me?

Timeline

I am starting to have some fears about my upcoming interview if I am going to be given a hard time because of this... I hope someone out there has an idea... I did have my agency's (the one who is sponsoring my eb3 visa) permission, so that's why we decided to do the k1 route as well since they give us the go signal. Will that be enough evidence though, to present to the consul? My emails with my agent giving me their go signal? My fiance and I just cant wait to be together, so we're finding ways to be with each other as fast as we can...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Beauty,

As my understanding based on your statement above, you were being petitioned in two types of visas, which the first one is for "work", and second is the "K1" (fiance visa type).

i don't know how the "work visa" works, but for your "K1", if you are being interviewed for K1, i think the consul will make sure that your "prioritize purpose" to go in U.S is "to marry" and "not to work", I suggest you should be ready to answer those possible question of the consul.

Good luck.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello! I don't have any legal knowledge on this matter, but to be on the safe side, it might be better to cancel the EB3 application not to create conflicts and further querries. Do ask your agency about the status of your application, it might not been filed yet. Another option, consult an immigration lawyer, may not charge you much on primary consultation, it won't hurt you anyways, instead make you confident during the interview.

P.S. Share your experience ha? STAT. :P Been worrying about this also.

Best of luck!

Our Medical Experience

K1/K2 Interview Experience

glitterfy-flpbk9170423469534.gif

AOS/EAD/AP

09/11/09 *** Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

09/12/09 *** Received/signed by R.Mercado

09/17/09 *** NOA1 (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/21/09 *** NOA1 Hardcopy received (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/24/09 *** Biometrics Appointment Letter Rcvd 10/19, 11am

09/29/09 *** Appt. to correct typographic name error (referred for biometrics..done)

10/06/09 *** RFE: Form 1040 of recent tax yr

10/20/09 *** Processing resumed

10/21/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/22/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/27/09 *** Transferred to CSC (AOS)

10/28/09 *** Touched(AOS)

10/29/09 *** Notices sent: EAD card production, AP approved

10/30/09 *** Touched (EAD/AP)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AOS: processing resumes at CSC)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/03/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/04/09 *** AP approval letter received

11/03/09 *** Card production (EAD)

11/04/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/05/09 *** Touched (EAD)

11/06/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/07/09 *** EAD Card received

12/07/09 *** Welcome Notice mailed

12/08/09 *** Card production (AOS)

12/10/09 *** Approval notice mailed

12/12/09 *** GREEN CARD received

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I am starting to have some fears about my upcoming interview if I am going to be given a hard time because of this... I hope someone out there has an idea... I did have my agency's (the one who is sponsoring my eb3 visa) permission, so that's why we decided to do the k1 route as well since they give us the go signal. Will that be enough evidence though, to present to the consul? My emails with my agent giving me their go signal? My fiance and I just cant wait to be together, so we're finding ways to be with each other as fast as we can...

When is your K1 interview?

Timeline

Hi guys, thank you for all the help. My k1 interview is on May 20th of this year. I already checked my status regarding my EB3 application, it's been withdrawn as stated in the USCIS website when I tried to check my application online. My only problem and worry is that I might be given a hard time during the interview, because in one of the forms, there was a question Do you intend to work in the US? I understand you have to say No, because your priority would be to marry your fiance, but then there was a follow up question which asked, Has anyone ever filed an Immigrant petition on your behalf? and my answer to that question is YES, because I have an employer in the US who has petitioned for my immigrant visa on my behalf, so I cant say no, eventhough it's been canceled. My agent (the one helping us file the k1) said there's a very big possibility I will be grilled during the interview because of this, but it depends on how I defend myself to the Consul. Oh, I hope I will pass the interview.... huhuhu

Timeline

Hi guys, thank you for all the help. My k1 interview is on May 20th of this year. I already checked my status regarding my EB3 application, it's been withdrawn as stated in the USCIS website when I tried to check my application online. My only problem and worry is that I might be given a hard time during the interview, because in one of the forms, there was a question Do you intend to work in the US? I understand you have to say No, because your priority would be to marry your fiance, but then there was a follow up question which asked, Has anyone ever filed an Immigrant petition on your behalf? and my answer to that question is YES, because I have an employer in the US who has petitioned for my immigrant visa on my behalf, so I cant say no, eventhough it's been canceled. My agent (the one helping us file the k1) said there's a very big possibility I will be grilled during the interview because of this, but it depends on how I defend myself to the Consul. Oh, I hope I will pass the interview.... huhuhu There's a possibility they will ask me if I really DO NOT intend to work in the US, considering I already have an employer there. So that's one of the things I am worried about, because for the time being, of course my priority would be to get married, but eventually, I am going to have to work, but not right now. I just hope the Consul will believe me on this. I love my fiance very much that's why I gave up everything - my job opportunity, etc. just to be with him, so I hope the Consul will see that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.