moroccousa

Need Advice on What to Expect from Casa Consulate

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I am looking for advice and info from those who have gone through the Casa Consulate. I hear its a killer, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that things will go smoothly for us. So, we are still at the very beginning stages of the process, and luckily I am still living here in Morocco, so we don't have to be apart yet (hamdulilah), but I have been looking at all the estimated wait times (VSC) and anticipate that we will get our NOA2 sometime in late June or the first half of July (in sha allah!!)

I will actually be in Oman all summer (June through August...completely encompassing the expected time of NOA2), and want to make sure that I have everything ready for Simo's interview before I leave for Oman. I have read that there is debate over whether the Affidavit of Support is required for Casa. What are your experiences with that? Because that will be the hardest for me to prepare (complicated finances from living abroad). Also, are their any forms he can start doing now? Any surprises with Casa? I know some he will have to wait for because of the 3 month limit to notarizing.

Also, what sort of timeline should we expect? How long is the wait between the NOA2 and the Consulate interview? I looked at someone else's profile and it seems to be a bit long (3 months or more?)

One more quick question, I have excellent contacts (friends) at the US Embassy (unfortunately not at the Consulate but nonetheless, quite high up) here in Morocco from living here for a year and a half, and was wondering if you think that they could put in a good word to speed up our process once it reaches the Consulate phase. I hear about people contacting their Congressional representatives, and I don't want to do anything of the sort, but we all know how 'knowing people' is quite helpful in this country.

So, I know that we may be impatient, but I am hoping that, assuming everything goes smoothly, he will be able to come in mid-to-late September. Is that reasonable at all?

Any tips/advice on these questions would be great!

Thanks,

Elizabeth

04/14/2008 Overnighted to VSC

04/15/2008 Received in Vermont

04/21/2008 NOA1 Issued

04/24/2008 Check cleared

05/20/2008 Touched

05/21/2008 Touched again

07/21/2008 NOA2 Approved!

08/12/2008 Forwarded from NVC to Casablanca

08/18/2008 Arrived in Casablanca

08/26/2008 Packet 3 Sent from Consulate

09/01/2008 Packet 3 Arrived

10/15/2008 Interview Scheduled!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

The affid. of support is not needed in casa (reqd) but we had one ready just in case you never know with them. I would guess a month to six weeks before the interview, during this time he will do the medical and get the forms ready, some do expire. It is good to have your rep send a letter just before your interview to show he has interest in your case, i wouldnt know if anyone over there would make a difference. With Casa nothing is reasonable best advice plan the return when you have visa in hand, until then you are at their mercy. Get the question/answer guideline and study, try to have things in order, hopefully you included most in the original application because casa is bad to NOT look at any evidences he will bring. This makes the original application being what they judge your case on....and often times the thought is this decision is made before he even arrives.

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hi everyone,

I am looking for advice and info from those who have gone through the Casa Consulate. I hear its a killer, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that things will go smoothly for us. So, we are still at the very beginning stages of the process, and luckily I am still living here in Morocco, so we don't have to be apart yet (hamdulilah), but I have been looking at all the estimated wait times (VSC) and anticipate that we will get our NOA2 sometime in late June or the first half of July (in sha allah!!)

I will actually be in Oman all summer (June through August...completely encompassing the expected time of NOA2), and want to make sure that I have everything ready for Simo's interview before I leave for Oman. I have read that there is debate over whether the Affidavit of Support is required for Casa. What are your experiences with that? Because that will be the hardest for me to prepare (complicated finances from living abroad). Also, are their any forms he can start doing now? Any surprises with Casa? I know some he will have to wait for because of the 3 month limit to notarizing.

Also, what sort of timeline should we expect? How long is the wait between the NOA2 and the Consulate interview? I looked at someone else's profile and it seems to be a bit long (3 months or more?)

One more quick question, I have excellent contacts (friends) at the US Embassy (unfortunately not at the Consulate but nonetheless, quite high up) here in Morocco from living here for a year and a half, and was wondering if you think that they could put in a good word to speed up our process once it reaches the Consulate phase. I hear about people contacting their Congressional representatives, and I don't want to do anything of the sort, but we all know how 'knowing people' is quite helpful in this country.

So, I know that we may be impatient, but I am hoping that, assuming everything goes smoothly, he will be able to come in mid-to-late September. Is that reasonable at all?

Any tips/advice on these questions would be great!

Thanks,

Elizabeth

hi

, One of my friend has just gone through casa, the interview was good, few questions , they didnt ask him for affid of support, but they asked him for his police certificate .he had to fill i think a application: DS-156 ,and evrything else was fine :).Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.