Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

need some help with I-485/I-131 (& a middle name question)

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Country: Ukraine


I'm currently an F-1 student in the U.S. and married a U.S. citizen 1 month ago.

I'm from Ukraine and for some reason when you are issued an international passport in Ukraine they drop your middle name. So now (in the documents I've to submit) I have only my middle name in my birth certificate and nowhere else (international passport, visa, driver license, I-20 etc.). What should I do - my idea is to leave middle name blank in all the forms and just write sort of an explanation letter. However one attorney recommended me to put my middle name in all the forms. Any ideas on that...

And another question - what should I put in I-485 Application type. USCIS told me to put H and explain it. Is it correct? B look quite nice to me too...

Have a good one,


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...