forgiven

Passport application denied

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Before my visit to the Philippines next month , we have decided to get our documents together early so that if we run into any snags it hopefully can be corrected as quickly as possible.

Well we have already run into 2 snags.

1- I said to my g/f that she didn't need to use a travel agent to get her passport but she decided to use a travel agent since the lines were so long to apply on her own. Well this morning when she went to the DFA office to have her fingerprints and interview she said her passport application was denied since her place of birth wasn't on her birth certificate. Goodness I thought the travel agency is supposed to find these things since they charge a hefty fee to the client. Even the Birth Certificates she got from the NSO a few days ago are very hard to read and she said they can't give a more clear copy so this will probably cause problems down the road. I don't understand this either.

Now she has to go to get a supplemental report on her Place of birth from the GenSan Local Registrar to make a remarks on it and go back to the travel agent "another fee of course". Sorry to rant but this step should be one of the easiest so I hope this isn't any indication of what the rest of the process is going to be like.

2- Her father's name is misspelled on her birth certificate and I know this probably wont be a big deal but I asked her to get a correction just to be on the safe side. Well of course she was told it was corrected and is on its way but it never shows up in her mail.she keeps calling and they say it has already been released. She was charged 1500 pesos for affidavit for descripancy made by the lawyer in order to have a record on file in the court to show a proof that she file a correction here at the same time so that there will be legality. Does anyone know what this is?

Has anyone experienced stuff like this? It is frustrating to me because it shouldn't be this difficult. I dont really know what is happening so any shed light will be appreciated. If something isnt clear what I wrote ask me and Iwill try to explain better.

Timeline

Sorry to hear about your problems. My fiancee also did the same thing, but they found the problems with her birth certificate and told her how to correct it. She was born in Olongapo and actually had to go there to get the official/correct birth certificate.

As for the affidavit of discrepancy, we were fortunate not to have that, but I'd say it's probably a good thing that you had taken it to an attorney to be sure that it is correct.

Good luck with everything, it rarely goes without any speed bumps, but it's all worth it in the end! :D

rnb.jpg

If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. - Matthew 21:22

The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. - Hebrews 13:6

I will fear no evil - Psalm 23:4

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! Let me share a little knowledge about #2. Like on my daughter's case, my name (mother) was misspelled on her birth certificate. To anticipate getting an RFE, I did get an Affidavit of discrepancy and was only charge P200.There is actually no further processing on this. So if your gf's father is still living, he can secure an affidavit of discrepancy for your gf by bringing valid IDs to attest that the said misspelled name and the real name he holds is ONE person. That easy and fast. :)

Have a nice stay in the Philippines, MABUHAY!

Our Medical Experience

K1/K2 Interview Experience

glitterfy-flpbk9170423469534.gif

AOS/EAD/AP

09/11/09 *** Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

09/12/09 *** Received/signed by R.Mercado

09/17/09 *** NOA1 (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/21/09 *** NOA1 Hardcopy received (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/24/09 *** Biometrics Appointment Letter Rcvd 10/19, 11am

09/29/09 *** Appt. to correct typographic name error (referred for biometrics..done)

10/06/09 *** RFE: Form 1040 of recent tax yr

10/20/09 *** Processing resumed

10/21/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/22/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/27/09 *** Transferred to CSC (AOS)

10/28/09 *** Touched(AOS)

10/29/09 *** Notices sent: EAD card production, AP approved

10/30/09 *** Touched (EAD/AP)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AOS: processing resumes at CSC)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/03/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/04/09 *** AP approval letter received

11/03/09 *** Card production (EAD)

11/04/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/05/09 *** Touched (EAD)

11/06/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/07/09 *** EAD Card received

12/07/09 *** Welcome Notice mailed

12/08/09 *** Card production (AOS)

12/10/09 *** Approval notice mailed

12/12/09 *** GREEN CARD received

Timeline

HI!!! I also use travel agency BUT I only paid like 1500 pesos. When I was in DFA for my passport they asked me to get a letter and my original birth certificate from the municipal that I was really born there, in that city(pace) they had the record. About number two actually we only paid 250 pesos again 250 pesos only...and my question is why she needs to pay the agency again if she was in DFA to get her passport and pass all the requirements that is the job of agency to follow up her paper there and all she have to do is to give the papers that she needs to complete for her passport ummm I am not sure I am talking about my experience because I also have the same situation like your gf before and they talked to me not the agency because they need your appearance but the person from agency was beside me and teaching me what to d. I hope it cant help!!! :whistle:

09/28/08-green card received

1-751

07/02/10-mailed it 2day

07/06/10-they received my application forms

07/13/10-received notice receipt(gc extended for one year)

07/28/10-received biometric appointment

09/23/10 GC approved!!!

9/26/20 Gota pproval notice

10/01/10 GC receivedd

event.png

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until my son called me "MOMMY."

Timeline

Hi,some of my friends who's now in the USA told me that they submitted a notarized affidavit of discrepancy during both on their application and they also brought it during interview and they didnt get any problem.

and that's what i did also,i submitted a notarized affidavit of discrepancy for my name on our aplication,but it didnt cost me a single cent since i just made it myself and went to our ditrict councilor's office here in Manila for a free notarization :) ,im sure their district councilors do the same also.1,500 is too much.

you may want to read this regarding correction of names RA9048 for more information.

Edited by dreamingofyou

March 21,2008 - NOA1 hard copy

-------------------------------------------------------------

"If you want to catch a butterfly don't run after it, instead sit down and open your hand. It will just land on your palm when it needed to rest and thats the way how to find love."

Timeline

yes it's true 1500 is too much :whistle:

09/28/08-green card received

1-751

07/02/10-mailed it 2day

07/06/10-they received my application forms

07/13/10-received notice receipt(gc extended for one year)

07/28/10-received biometric appointment

09/23/10 GC approved!!!

9/26/20 Gota pproval notice

10/01/10 GC receivedd

event.png

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until my son called me "MOMMY."

Timeline

I will be posting a new topic tonight or tomorrow of the path my g/f has taken trying to get her passport and her birth certificate corrected so that maybe someone here can help us navigate this issue that has turned sour. I'm hoping that someone here can help us see where we have strayed off the document path and made these simple tasks more difficult than it needs to be.

Way too much. I have never charged a client 1,500 for an affidavit. Maximum would be 300 per memorandum of the Supreme Court with notarization fees on affidavits. 1,500 already covers contracts which are acknowledged and not just subscribed. And babycris is right, if your gf has already paid the agency then no need to pay again for them to follow-up.

Anyhow, hope everything will be resolved soon and your gf will get her passposrt asap. Goodluck!

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Timeline

hi there!

let me share with you my birth certificate experience. for years i had a problem with my name on my bc with re to my first and last name. i had consulted several lawyers and travel agents to fix it up for me but i never pushed through with them because they were charging me exorbitant fees. until we filed the fiance application and i realized that i had to fix up my bc since it is one of the vital docs needed by the embassy. just by chance i tried calling up the local civil registrar where i live. lo and behold! the lawyer in the city hall told me that the problem was very easy and all i had to do was file a petition for correction on name. i did file the petition, paid P1500.00 and after a month they gave me the certificate of finality from NSO. this certification means that the local civil registrar will now correct the entries on the wrong bc to reflect the correct entries. it wasn't really a big problem after all.

maybe your lady can go to the lawyer in the local civil registrar in gensan and consult him on her problem. am sure he will give her a better solution than those of the travel agents.

good luck!

Edited by foxyroxy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.