MissYoko

grrrrrrrrr i need to talk about that

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

I know the waiting can be agonizing. One thing that helped me was getting a rough idea of when I might hear some good news and then I added on some time so that my estimate was very conservative. Of course, I was hoping I would hear something sooner, but having a conservative estimate helped me avoid going too neurotic during the long wait. I also tried my best not to check the USCIS "processing times" until the 20th of the month because if I ended up just raising my blood pressure if I started checking every five minutes starting on the 15th. I learned pretty quickly that the stats don't go up right away and aren't usually changed until around the 22. Another thing that helped me during the wait was staying busy. Even now, as I wait for my fiance's interview date I am just trying to keep super busy so I don't make myself sick with worry, waiting and want. "This too shall pass" and it will be worth it! I hope this helps someone....I just thought I would share some advice from my own experience of waiting. AND, by the way, I know I did get lucky and some people have to wait far longer than my fiance and I had to. Believe me, I am so appreciative and I understand my good fortune. I know not everyone is so lucky but hold on, hang in there and keep the faith!!!!!

Edited by lunabean

OUR STORY and TIMELINE:

07/05: Jose and I met while I was living in Costa Rica!

10/07: We filed our application (I-129F)

02/08: Petition is approved!

03/08: CR Embassy receives our file

04/08: Jose's interview in San Jose, Costa Rica (April 25th). VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05/08: May 14th Jose arrives in at JFK, May 16th he arrives in California!!!

07/08: Married!

08/08: AOS/EAD/AP paperwork submitted

08/08: Biometrics Appointment

12/08: Interview for Adjustment of Status, very easy and all went well!

We expect to have Jose's greencard by February!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.