hunnyko

NBI enoguh or need police clearance from each city she lived in philppines?

10 posts in this topic

Hi does anyone from Philppines know if a NBI clearance is enough for her ds-230 and embassy interview? Or does she also need police clearances for each city she lived in the philppines? why would they need NBI then if it covers all of Philppines? thanks for any help

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

NBI Clearance is enough with United STates Travel..tell your GF/Wife to tell NBI people that she is travelling to United STates..If she worked in other country she needs to get the Police Certificate too.When is her Interview? Tell her Cellphone or any technical device is prohibited at the US embassy so to avoid the hassle don't bring her cellphone..Goodluck..u can send me questions .what is her visa?

Hi does anyone from Philppines know if a NBI clearance is enough for her ds-230 and embassy interview? Or does she also need police clearances for each city she lived in the philppines? why would they need NBI then if it covers all of Philppines? thanks for any help

02-16-06- met online

07-20-07- first visit to phils

07-26-07-engagement

07-28-07- back to US

09-14-07- submitted I-129F

09-25-07- NOA1

10-25-07 -NOA2

11-01-07- My fiance got a letter from NVC that within 2 weeks Manila Consulate will send my Packet

11-20-07- Date of my Packet, actually the real one was earlier but it was sent somewhere, good thing my Fiance arrived to spent Thanksgiving day in Phils and we checked the status in Embassy.

11-23-07- Medical though the exact date was Nov. 29..

12-06-07- Interview

12-16-07- Visa in hand

01-16-98- Attended CFO

01-18-08- Arrived in USA , POE-Guam

03-16-08- Wedding

AOS

04-17-08- Submitted the AOS

04-24-08- NOA

05-13-08- Biometrics

05-27-08- Transferred to California

06-14-08- EAD card received

07-21-08- Date of AOS approval but got the letter July 24

No Interview, No RFE and Additional Vaccination( just used the SLEC medical docs)

07-22-08- Date of Permanent REsident CARd , got it July 29

07-31-08- apply for SSN

08-05-08-SSN delivery

01-12-09- First day of work(Thanks to Marielle and Mario)

Thanks for the help:-) she never went to other country so thought only reason to get police certificate was for living overseas. But she was not sure if I was right becuse she seen on NVC website about obtaining police certificates for each city and did not say only if in different country. Thank god she only needs NBI lol other wise would take weeks to get other clearances from the 2 other cities she lived in. Her visa is for Spousal I-130 she just sent me the ds-230 and im finishing my I-864 form so we are not sure when the interview is yet hopefully in 2 months:-) :thumbs:

NBI Clearance is enough with United STates Travel..tell your GF/Wife to tell NBI people that she is travelling to United STates..If she worked in other country she needs to get the Police Certificate too.When is her Interview? Tell her Cellphone or any technical device is prohibited at the US embassy so to avoid the hassle don't bring her cellphone..Goodluck..u can send me questions .what is her visa?

Good Luck to both of you!

hi lheeanne, since you already got through with the whole process I would just like to ask were you able to get back the original docs that you sent to NVC with the DS-230? and according to the instructions that I downloaded from the NVC site, the required doc is the Police Certificate(s) and doesn't mention about the NBI which I know is needed on the Interview...so do I also have to send my NBI Cert to NVC?

thank you so much for your help!

08-2007: FILED I-130

10-15-07: NOA1

03-10-08: NOA2 - APPROVED

03-31-08: DS-3032 / AOS FEE BILL GENERATED

04-02-08: DS-3032 EMAILED

04-07-08: AOS FEE BILL REC'D

04-08-08: AOS FEE SENT

04-08-08: DS-3032 EMAIL RETURNED

04-08-08: DS-3032 EMAIL RE-SENT

04-15-08: DS-3032 ACCEPTED

04-21-08: IV BILL GENERATED

04-26-08: AOS PACKAGE REC'D

04-28-08: IV BILL REC'D

04-28-08: IV BILL SENT

05-07-08: AOS PACKAGE SENT

05-27-08: DS-230 PACKET REC'D

05-28-08: DS-230 PACKET SENT

05-30-08: DS-230 ENTERED INTO SYSTEM

06-13-08: CASE COMPLETED

08-22-08: INTERVIEW (PINK & WHITE SLIP - ADD'L DOC)

09-20-08: VISA RECEIVED (THANK GOD!!!)

10-03-08: FLIGHT POE-DTW

11-17-08: GREEN CARD RECEIVED

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi lheeanne, since you already got through with the whole process I would just like to ask were you able to get back the original docs that you sent to NVC with the DS-230? and according to the instructions that I downloaded from the NVC site, the required doc is the Police Certificate(s) and doesn't mention about the NBI which I know is needed on the Interview...so do I also have to send my NBI Cert to NVC?

Any country could call their police clearances anything they want. For Philippines, NBI or National Bureau of Investigation is the agency in charge of National Police matters.

Basically, NBI clearance is just a type police certificate. These terminologies is why a lot of people are getting confused. The NBI clearance is the Philippine's "National" police clearance and it is what the NVC and the US embassy needs.

If you have lived in outher countries for more than six months, you would then need police clearances for those countries. No matter what those countries happen to call their police clearances. :-)

makes sense? or is it just more confusing now?

Any country could call their police clearances anything they want. For Philippines, NBI or National Bureau of Investigation is the agency in charge of National Police matters.

Basically, NBI clearance is just a type police certificate. These terminologies is why a lot of people are getting confused. The NBI clearance is the Philippine's "National" police clearance and it is what the NVC and the US embassy needs.

If you have lived in outher countries for more than six months, you would then need police clearances for those countries. No matter what those countries happen to call their police clearances. :-)

makes sense? or is it just more confusing now?

I really appreciate the reply and I do understand what you meant. The one I mentioned is the instructions that I downloaded from the NVC for the DS-230 packet. The reason for the confusion is, based from the downloadable immigrant appointment packet from the (Manila) US Embassy, the docs required for the interview include BOTH the NBI Clearance and the Police Certificate(s).

But like you said the NVC will look for the one from NBI. Anyways I already have both documents. It's just that I don't wanna send out any original if not needed since I only have 1 original copy of both and it's kinda hassle to get another set of originals unlike the Birth and Marriage Certs which are easier to get.

Thank you for the help.

08-2007: FILED I-130

10-15-07: NOA1

03-10-08: NOA2 - APPROVED

03-31-08: DS-3032 / AOS FEE BILL GENERATED

04-02-08: DS-3032 EMAILED

04-07-08: AOS FEE BILL REC'D

04-08-08: AOS FEE SENT

04-08-08: DS-3032 EMAIL RETURNED

04-08-08: DS-3032 EMAIL RE-SENT

04-15-08: DS-3032 ACCEPTED

04-21-08: IV BILL GENERATED

04-26-08: AOS PACKAGE REC'D

04-28-08: IV BILL REC'D

04-28-08: IV BILL SENT

05-07-08: AOS PACKAGE SENT

05-27-08: DS-230 PACKET REC'D

05-28-08: DS-230 PACKET SENT

05-30-08: DS-230 ENTERED INTO SYSTEM

06-13-08: CASE COMPLETED

08-22-08: INTERVIEW (PINK & WHITE SLIP - ADD'L DOC)

09-20-08: VISA RECEIVED (THANK GOD!!!)

10-03-08: FLIGHT POE-DTW

11-17-08: GREEN CARD RECEIVED

Thanks for the help:-) she never went to other country so thought only reason to get police certificate was for living overseas. But she was not sure if I was right becuse she seen on NVC website about obtaining police certificates for each city and did not say only if in different country. Thank god she only needs NBI lol other wise would take weeks to get other clearances from the 2 other cities she lived in. Her visa is for Spousal I-130 she just sent me the ds-230 and im finishing my I-864 form so we are not sure when the interview is yet hopefully in 2 months:-) :thumbs:

You will need the NBI report to send in iwth the DS-230. Since the Philippines have central records, only one is needed for the entire country.

First trip 01-17-07

Married 02-05-07

What Service Center was filed at? Nebraska transferred to California

Provide dates for the following:

I-130 sent (Mailed)..........................3-12-07

1st NOA (Receipt Notice) .................3-29-07

2nd NOA (Approval Notice) e-mail.....6-15-07

Bill for I-864 processing fee rcd and sent..7-24-07

I-864 Packet Received......................8-18-07

I-864 Mailed to NV............................8-20-07

Bill for DS-230 received....................8-29-07

Payment for DS-230 sent..................8-30-07

DS-230 Packet received..................10-25-07

DS-230 Packet sent to NVC..............10-29-07

Case Completed..............................11-16-07

Case Forwarded to Embassy.............11-30-07

Packet recieved from NVC................12-07-07

Medical complete...............................1-04-08

Leave for Manila................................1-19-08

Interview and approval......................1-22-08

Visa in Hand .....................................1-24-08

Arrived in USA...................................3-19-08

I never got any of the original documents that i sent to NVC. So if i were you get an extra original copy for your own files.

We only submitted NBI Clearance for my husband and i never got into trouble, they didn't ask me for Police clearance b/c he didn't work outside the Philippines.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.