beauty2783

how many pictures are needed to present to the Consul during interview?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Pictures - How many you need that is good question. The key to the pictures is that there is picture of you and her together with area someone will know there were taken in the Philippines. Also pictures of you with her family always helps also. There is no set number of pictures. Just remeber ONE (1) picture is worth one thousand (1,000) words.

Texting - If you got billing showing the number in the Philippines you are text it does not matter who name it is in. Question; Why are you paying to text? You can text from your computer free. That right free, try chikka. You can text from you computer to her cell phone.

Good luck.

OUR Time Line;

Nov 4, 2004 Met on YM Pool Game Chat room

Dec 30, 2005 Surprized her with our 1st meeting in person

Dec 31, 2005/Jan 1, 2006 Got Engaged

Jan 10, 2006 Had my 56th Birthday party in Philippines

Jan 11, 2006 Left the go come back Home

Mar 20, 2006 Found out Sonia was Pregnant

Oct 7, 2006 Our son was born

Nov 5, 2006 Arrived in the Philippine for a visit

Nov 11, 2006 Had our son Basptized

Nov 19, 2006 Left the Philippines again

July 31, 2007 Mailed inI 129 F was mailed in

Aug 13, 2007 Received

Sep 25, 2007 I 797 Notice of Action Mailed out

Feb 25, 2008 NAO2 has been approve sent to Manila.

Mar. 31, 2008 Made phone call about interview set dates

Apr. 15, 2008 Medical Exam St. Luke (GOOD TO GO!!!!!)

Apr. 24, 2008 Interview(APPROVED AND WAITING VISA)

Jun. 6, 2008 Finally got Visa at about VISA[/size]

Aug. 05, 2008 On a jet plane head for the Philippines to get my family

Aug. 06, , 2008 we are together again

AUGUST 19, 2008 POE Seattle, WA.

NOV. 8, 2008 Wedding

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The above posters already answered your question about pictures , though, in regards with the phone billing statement under you mother's name, YEAH, you can bring it as one of the additional proofs of your on-going relationship. 23698tif0xa2hne.gif

Lol!! Not necessarily 200, but if you can produce that, then its better to bring more photos than not.23698tif0xa2hne.gif

-Shape

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

i think we only have 10-15 photos is it ok? :help:

Naturalization

01-04-2012 --- N400 sent

01-11-2012 --- Check Cashed

01-10-2012 --- NOA1

02-07-2012 --- Biometrics

02-14-2012 --- Yellow Letter (it says "bring any state issued ID" for interview)

02-24-2012 --- Placed in line for Interview Scheduling

02-27-2012 --- Interview Letter sent out

03-02-2012 --- Interview Letter received

04-02-2012 --- INTERVIEW- passed!

05-01-2012 --- Oath scheduled/ Oath Letter Sent

05-16-2012 --- Oath Taking! I am now a USC!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-5

05-17-2012 --- I-130 Sent

05-29-2012 --- NOA1

09-24-2012 --- NOA2

10-11-2012 --- Received Case Number via email

10-12-2012 --- Mailed AOS

10-24-2012 --- Mailed DS-230

11-16-2012 --- Case Complete

11-27-2012 --- Received interview schedule via email

11-05-2012 --- Early Medical day 1

11-06-2012 --- Medical Day 2 -PASSED!

01-03-2013 --- Interview- APRROVED!

01-10-2013 --- VISA Received

01-14-2013 --- POE LAX

i think we only have 10-15 photos is it ok? :help:

That may be enough. The CO will not really spend all his/her time looking at the photos. During my interview, I only submitted 12 (pasted them on special papers so I can put captions, 2 pics per sheet) consisting of David and I's photos alone and then some with my family and friends. If you will bring an album, make sure it's bendable so you can slide it in to the slot. Otherwise, you will have to flip the album pages for the CO to see your photos.

--Mae

P.S. I just remember, it was the pre-screener who picked the pictures that she wanted the CO to see. When it's time for me to face the CO, he didn't have to ask for pictures because it's already there. Captioning is really helpful since you need not to tell the CO what's in every photo and where and when it was taken.

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Our agency said we have to present more than 200 pictures. Is this true?

I know i am outside this region but, i have seen many comments from Phil filers mentioning "agencies."

is this necessary or just a huge waste of money?? I have been maried previously and did the whole process without an attorney within the usa,, and recently did DCF filing..

seems to me that attorneys or representation become a waste of money. Is PHIL different? I have a colleague that is thinking of doing the process soon. is it a law that PHIL filers use external reps???? i would have told her not but this forum makes things confusing.

many, including myself, going thru Manila have done the entire process without an Attorney or agency. I guess it just depends on one's comfort level with the process. there is no law that requires those applying for visa in Manila use an external rep.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Our agency said we have to present more than 200 pictures. Is this true?

I know i am outside this region but, i have seen many comments from Phil filers mentioning "agencies."

is this necessary or just a huge waste of money?? I have been maried previously and did the whole process without an attorney within the usa,, and recently did DCF filing..

seems to me that attorneys or representation become a waste of money. Is PHIL different? I have a colleague that is thinking of doing the process soon. is it a law that PHIL filers use external reps???? i would have told her not but this forum makes things confusing.

many, including myself, going thru Manila have done the entire process without an Attorney or agency. I guess it just depends on one's comfort level with the process. there is no law that requires those applying for visa in Manila use an external rep.

I concur... If I didn't know about the whole process, my then fiance (now husband) would have used an immigration lawyer to do the paperwork for us because he doesn't have the patience to do it himself. Good thing I have read about everything in some websites especially here in VJ. I did some of the job like assembling the packet and whatnot while he provided all the needed documents/requirements. So it's really a team effort for us. We're able to save a lot of money plus we can proudly say that our success is truly the sweetest fruit of our labor (and patient). Being part of VJ helped a lot.

--Mae

Edited by David-Mae Forever

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: Timeline
hi beauty2783. you can bring the albums just in case u face the consul and he/she asks for more pictures for proofs then u can show them.(its always better to be ready than sorry) u may be asked to flip the pages of the albums telling a short description,like where and when were they taken. but on the filipino prescreener, he/she would only asks for few more pics(so make sure u give whatever is not included on the petition ur fiance sent when he applied for your I-129f coz those are already in their possession when they interview u). if i may suggests (based on my experience, where in i placed the pics in a folder but i end up just flipping the pages becoz somehow he just asks for few pics only), glue the pics in a bond paper, back to back around 5 pages. choose pics you and him with family, with friends or even sweet pics of you together. then becoz the bond papers are very thin, they will easily bend and slip to the slot of the window of the prescreener. ill describe the slot for u so u will have an idea. estimate only (it is 16 inches wide but only 1 inch thick. so imagine if your folder is more than 1 inch, it will not go through the slot) so anything u submit is not necessarily thick, becoz the window slot is not a flat surface, its curved hmmm its hard to explain, but im trying hehehe... your folder must be very soft so it would bend going thru the slot) so thats why i suggest you just glue the pics in a bond papers coz they would bend easily.

keep the faith-Loterly

thanks for this great infor Lot.. I have heard many times that the window slot is very small but i have not heard it to be curved till now... my album refills (those that you buy per piece) would be very thin but they are not entirely bendable.... now what you wrote about this curved opening makes me reconsider pasting my montages it in a specialty paper now. Thank you again for this great info and for all the other great info that you share here. KUDOS to you! :thumbs:

ure welcome dbears. i woudl really love to inform everyone and answer their questions with regards to the interview, so im thinking of meeting those who live within metro manila and describe to them personally how that infamous window really looked like and aswell as answer all their concerns. so anyone u know who wants to call me who is having their interview soon, they can talk to me over the fon. here is my landline number 4130081 (u may call me lot). dont hesitate to call, ill help as much as i can. ill entertain all the calls while im still in the philippines :D

keep believing-Loterly

just to be safe bring them all... :thumbs:

IN USA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.