mobilealien

K3 Visa - Docs for Packet 3/4 & Intervew

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Can you all confirm the documents are correct for K3 visa Packet 3, 4 and interview and Submission location?

Packet Three Submitted at US Consulate Mumbai

1. DS 230 Part I
  2. Applicant Statement/Packet 3 Checklist pdf
  3. Passport Copy
  4. Passport sized Photos
Packet Four submitted at VFS
  1. Packet Four Checklist
  2. Pay courier Fee of 365 Rs
  3. Bank Draft $380 to “The American Consulate General, Mumbai,â€
  4. Passport
  5. Photos
  6. DS Part I and DS Part 2 for applicant
  7. Birth Certificate for Applicant
  8. Marriage Certificate
  9. Relationship - Family Photos(wedding, Parties, vacation), Emails, Letters, Cards, Telephone Records.
  10. Police Report (India & Abroad)
  11. Affidavit of Support - I-864
  12. Federal Tax return (say for last 3 years ) with all W2s
  13. Affidavit of Support I-134, Pay stubs for last 2 months, employement letter, Letter from Bank.
  14. Sealed Medical Report
Are these the correct doucments required to be submitted to VFS ? and in Original?

Interview

What documents do we need to take to the interview? The interview appointment letter is the only document we have left?

Edited by mobilealien

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

That's strange!

Our packet 4 checklist includes one more item: two copies of DS-156.

Also, it asked for a bank draft in the India currency that is equivalent of $131, not $380.

And finally, we are only required to present I-134 Affidavit of Support, and not I-864

Since we both are K3 and going through Mumbai consulate, I wonder why our checklists are different. It's a little unsettling. I will have my wife call consulate on Monday to check on the exact requirements.

I hope someone who has recently been through Mumbai consulate can provide us some more information here.

Can you all confirm the documents are correct for K3 visa Packet 3, 4 and interview and Submission location?

1. DS 230 Part I
  3. Passport Copy
  4. Passport sized Photos
  1. Packet Four Checklist
  4. Passport
  5. Photos
  8. Marriage Certificate
  9. Relationship - Family Photos(wedding, Parties, vacation), Emails, Letters, Cards, Telephone Records.
  13. Affidavit of Support I-134, Pay stubs for last 2 months, employement letter, Letter from Bank.
Are these the correct doucments required to be submitted to VFS ? and in Original?

Interview

What documents do we need to take to the interview? The interview appointment letter is the only document we have left?

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks! Shreyans, I'm sorry to cause confusion. I'm just collecting info for packet 3 and 4. So that later when the time comes I will have evreything ready. Also wife and myslef will only have three weeks of vacation to travel to India and complete the K3 process.

Edited by mobilealien

Timeline

Oh ok. In that case, you can download the packet 3 and 4 from here to get a list of items you will need:

http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/uploads/imag...g/Infosheet.pdf

http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/uploads/imag...Zgbg/infok3.pdf

In regards to your original question, you do not submit your passport, draft fee, all proofs, or even all originals to VFS. See the following links:

https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/ApplnForms/ImmVisasWestEast.aspx

https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/ApplnForms/MandatoryDocs.aspx

You submit whatever these ask for, and then you carry the rest to the interview including draft fee, original certificates or true copies, any additional proofs of marriage, copies of original petition -- just in case, supporting documents, etc.

Hope this helps!

Shreyans

Thanks! Shreyans, I'm sorry to cause confusion. I'm just collecting info for packet 3 and 4. So that later when the time comes I will have evreything ready. Also wife and myslef will only have three weeks of vacation to travel to India and complete the K3 process.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Actually this is a bit worrisome. My packet 4 did not include the DS-156, only the DS 230. Also, it said the I-864 was needed and not the I-134. :(

I called up VFS before I saw this post because there seemed to me a discrepancy in what was posted online on the consulate website and what was stated in Packet 4, but they told me to go by what was in Packet 4 also get the I-134 and not the I-864.

I think I will have the DS-156 with me too just in case. I will be submitting docs at the VFS on the 23rd.

That's strange!

Our packet 4 checklist includes one more item: two copies of DS-156.

Also, it asked for a bank draft in the India currency that is equivalent of $131, not $380.

And finally, we are only required to present I-134 Affidavit of Support, and not I-864

Since we both are K3 and going through Mumbai consulate, I wonder why our checklists are different. It's a little unsettling. I will have my wife call consulate on Monday to check on the exact requirements.

I hope someone who has recently been through Mumbai consulate can provide us some more information here.

1. DS 230 Part I
  3. Passport Copy
  4. Passport sized Photos
  1. Packet Four Checklist
  4. Passport
  5. Photos
  8. Marriage Certificate

Interview

Visa Journey so far:

Married: July 09, 2007 in India

I-130

7/16/2007 - Sent I-130 Package to NSC*

7/17/2007 - Received at NSC

7/25/2007 - Case transferred to CSC

7/26/2007 - NOA1 sent

7/31/2007 - Check encashed

2/12/2008 - Approval email received

2/16/2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy received

I-129F

7/16/2007 - Sent I-129F Package to NSC*

7/17/2007 - Received at NSC

7/31/2007 - Check encashed

8/25/2007 - NOA1 received

2/12/2008 - Approval email received

2/16/2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy received

2/26/2008 - Petition left NVC

2/28/2008 - Petition reaches Mumbai consulate

3/12/2008 - Packet 3 submitted at Mumbai consulate (after downloading the same from the website)

3/26/2008 - Packet 4 received

5/06/2008 - Interview-Visa granted !!!

5/07/2008 - Visa received by courier

5/21/2008 - POE at JFK

AOS/EAD

5/27/2008 - Applied for AOS/EAD

6/28/2008 - Biometrics-DONE

9/20/2008 - EAD card received in the mail

1/20/2009 - AOS Interview at San Antonio-Approved

1/20/2009 - Card production ordered

10/20/2011 - Note to self: Removal of Conditions Filing

1/23/2009 - Welcome to the Unites States letter received

1/30/2009 - Greencard Received in the Mail !!! Yay !!!

*I-130 and I-129F sent together to NSC per USCIS instructions.

Timeline

Looking at Mumbai consulate web site, it appears that I-864 is required and DS-156 is not for CR1/IR1 visa. On the other hand, I-134 and DS-156 are required for K3 visa. This leads me to believe that they may have sent you the packet for CR1/IR1 visa rather than for K3. It might just be the case of wrong packet sent, rather that it being case specific differences.

Actually this is a bit worrisome. My packet 4 did not include the DS-156, only the DS 230. Also, it said the I-864 was needed and not the I-134. :(

I called up VFS before I saw this post because there seemed to me a discrepancy in what was posted online on the consulate website and what was stated in Packet 4, but they told me to go by what was in Packet 4 also get the I-134 and not the I-864.

I think I will have the DS-156 with me too just in case. I will be submitting docs at the VFS on the 23rd.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.