amerasianlove

Lovers Quarrel??

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi gang! here i am again and wondering and thinking about all the couples here like me who has long distance relationship.We all know its so normal to have misunderstanding in any relationship...

How often do you have misundestandings/quarrel with your partner ? :angry:

and how do you manage to settle it? What is the stupidiest thing you fought about?? :bonk:

Its so hard to be in a LDR!!!!!! ;):yes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

its not that often when we have L.Q but i guess thats just very normal that can make your relationship goes strong. . .

The good thing that I love with my Fiance is that after we have L.Q we always put learnings and that we shoudnt do it nextime whatever it is that may hurt each other example: "Being sarcastic and bad words" well we know Americans are sometimes like that, more if they feel bad . . But im insisting Im a Filipino we arent like that here should pay respect through words also not just by actions.. Thats what he got from me and Im proud that it works really. .

I handle situation very carefully when we have L.Q too because I dont want things that I might regret later on. I want things to be discussed very carefully, of course its a long distance relationship kasi mahirap mag explain thru chat and phone calls only. .

Also we are avoiding to have fights or L.Q while far apart . . Just patience and Undrestanding super to the highiest level na understand. .

This long Distance Love is just an Inconvinience and it will be end up soon!!

Its worth the wait!. .God should be the center of this Relationship, build strong foundation today and it will last for a long period of time even forever. . Accept each others strengths and weaknesses I guess thats all for now!! hehehe. . .

Okay lang yan!! Ganyan naman talaga pag love mo isang tao! Kung walang pain that means its not true Love. . .

Godbless :D

Hi gang! here i am again and wondering and thinking about all the couples here like me who has long distance relationship.We all know its so normal to have misunderstanding in any relationship...

and how do you manage to settle it? What is the stupidiest thing you fought about?? :bonk:

dancing-2.gifDSCN0582-1.jpgdancing-2.gif

thweregettingmarried.gifthweregettingmarried.gifthweregettingmarried.gif

butterflies.gifbutterflies.gif

-a m m i k e- -a m m i k e- -a m m i k e- -a m m i k e- -a m m i k e-

I know I might sound unconvincing but when I was still in the Philippines, I couldn't remember having lovers' quarrel with David. Most of our arguments were because of other people, not really involving us directly. Back then, he didn't like it when other people were taking advantage of me. He would always advise me to speak up and fight for myself. But being me, I never did and it upsets him so much. We would argue about it and then we would end up asking for forgiveness afterwards. We never let a single conversation that involved disagreements unfinished or unsettled. It's hard enough that we are thousands of miles away from each other and being in a lovers' quarrel is more than we can handle. It is very, very hard being far away from one another. It will make you feel helpless. That's why as much as possible, we make the most of the time that we can talk. We were able to manage and make it through and being with each other now is the best thing that could ever happen in our lives.

My advise is to never let a petty misunderstanding or disagreement gets so big. It's better to resolve it on the same day because you will never know what tomorrow brings.

LQ is normal... that's what makes the relationship get better and sweeter because we learn lessons from it and learn to avoid what hurts one another. But it's different when simple LQ is becoming frequent and happens regularly. That means something is not right. Long distance relationship requires a lot of patience, understanding, trust and most of all... love. Those 4 are the main foundation of a successful relationship.

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

its not that often when we have L.Q but i guess thats just very normal that can make your relationship goes strong. . .

The good thing that I love with my Fiance is that after we have L.Q we always put learnings and that we shoudnt do it nextime whatever it is that may hurt each other example: "Being sarcastic and bad words" well we know Americans are sometimes like that, more if they feel bad . . But im insisting Im a Filipino we arent like that here should pay respect through words also not just by actions..

[/quote name=ammike' date='Apr 18 2008, 10:03 PM' post='1766938]

Yeah me and my fiance had some misunderstanding regarding with that stuff.Americans are very straight forward while Filipino are very sensitive.We easily be "Tampo" hehe.Now he knows how to control his mouth! yeepeee! :bonk:

Edited by mayumi_anthony

I see your SO is a Filipina, too. Misunderstandings are common with Filipinas, especially early in a relationship. One thing I work very hard to not do is also get angry at her for being angry. Both people angry never solves a problem. Your SO is probably just having what is called in the Philippines, a "tampo," or temper fit. You probably said something or did something that touched off a nerve in her for whatever reason, and usually they will talk to you after a certain amount of time has passed (usually 30 minutes to 6 hours). Say you're sorry...often, that's most of what they want to hear...but be genuine in your sorrow...don't just say "I'm sorry" and expect for it to fix itself quickly. Just give her some time, unless you did something really bad or said something really bad. As you get to know one another better, you will learn what ticks her off and what the boundaries are...if you know her this intimately and learn to live with or say things that don't cross those boundaries, you will have less fights. That goes for any relationship, not just avoiding the famous Filipina tampo. And don't think because it's a LDR that it makes it any tougher. It can seem worse in person, at times. Just be patient with her, and work together to avoid a similar situation. J is my first and hopefully last wife, and I can tell you that in the end, it's worth all the fights that happened early on.

As for the stupidest thing we have fought about so far, well, I probably should not say. If I were to say, I'd be crossing one of those boundaries mentioned above...Filipinas are very private and don't like their personal lives alone or together with you discussed in detail. I will say that it was just something I said about something that had nothing to do with her or even really with me. I'll leave it at that, I think. Hope this helps.

D

D&J

05-26-2006: Engaged!!

DHS/USCIS - I-129F

02-26-2007: Petition Mailed to TSC via Express Mail

03-06-2007: NOA1 "Notice"

03-07-2007: Check cashed (posted 03-12-2007)

03-12-2007: NOA1 Received in Mail from CSC

06-11-2007: NOA2 Received in Mail from CSC

NVC

06-22-2007: NVC Received Case

06-26-2007: NVC Sent to Manila Embassy (got DOS Case #)

07-02-2007: Received Letter from NVC, dated June 27, 2007

USE-Manila

06-26-2007: USE received case electronically

07-05-2007: USE received hard copy of case from NVC

07-31-2007: J receivied Packet 4

08-16/17-2007: J did early Medical Review at St. Luke's

09-10-2007: Interview Approved!

09-14-2007: Visa in HAND!!

02/21/2008: USA Arrival

03/29/2008: Wedding!

05/12/2008: Mailed AOS via Express Mail

05/21/2008: Check clears our bank account

05/22/2008: Touch on all three apps

05/23/2008: NOA1 for AOS, EAD, and AP arrives from MSC (notice date 5/19/08)

05/24/2008: Received Biometrics Appt. Letter

06/16/2008: Biometrics Appt. at Durham Office

06/17/2008: EAD & AOS touched

07/21/2008: AP "Approval Notice Sent" & EAD "Card Production Ordered" via CRIS Email

07/25/2008: 2 copies of AP approval form received in snail mail, dated 7/21/08

07/28/2008: EAD Card arrives in mail; CRIS email sent I765 (EAD) "Approval Notice Sent"

11/25/2008: Received Appt. Letter dated 11/18/2008 (Appt. is 1/13/09)

01/13/2009: AOS Interview approved

01/20/2009: AOS Approval Notice received

01/23/2009: 2-year Green Card received

Well, you're not alone. It also happen to us with my Hubby. Even before he came here we would argue and we don't know what we're arguing....LOL :lol: It's just normal to have fight sometimes because as what ammika says " Ganyan naman talaga pag love mo isang tao! Kung walang pain that means its not true Love" hehehhe. Just don't leave it unsettled before the day ends. Pull down your pride sometimes, I admit I do get high tempered easily and being so egotistical is really a big problem but i calm down. That wouldn't be nice if you're fighting and you're both halfway around the world away.

9609146D057AA80CDF2E2C50BA3CBB48.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.