richlyn

kids follow to join in U.S

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Try reading this forum, might give you the details.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...visa+processing

Best regards!

Our Medical Experience

K1/K2 Interview Experience

glitterfy-flpbk9170423469534.gif

AOS/EAD/AP

09/11/09 *** Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

09/12/09 *** Received/signed by R.Mercado

09/17/09 *** NOA1 (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/21/09 *** NOA1 Hardcopy received (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/24/09 *** Biometrics Appointment Letter Rcvd 10/19, 11am

09/29/09 *** Appt. to correct typographic name error (referred for biometrics..done)

10/06/09 *** RFE: Form 1040 of recent tax yr

10/20/09 *** Processing resumed

10/21/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/22/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/27/09 *** Transferred to CSC (AOS)

10/28/09 *** Touched(AOS)

10/29/09 *** Notices sent: EAD card production, AP approved

10/30/09 *** Touched (EAD/AP)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AOS: processing resumes at CSC)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/03/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/04/09 *** AP approval letter received

11/03/09 *** Card production (EAD)

11/04/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/05/09 *** Touched (EAD)

11/06/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/07/09 *** EAD Card received

12/07/09 *** Welcome Notice mailed

12/08/09 *** Card production (AOS)

12/10/09 *** Approval notice mailed

12/12/09 *** GREEN CARD received

I am going to assume some things about your situation, but correct me if I am wrong. I see that you already have your visa. I am assuming that your petitioner included/listed your children on the original petition (I-129F) when it was filed with the USCIS to start the process of getting your K-1. I am also going to assume that since you have your K-1 visa already and are asking about your child's K-2 that you are going to use the "Follow-To-Join" provision of the K-2 that allows them to obtain their visa up to one year after the date your K-1 was issued.

Assuming all the above is true, when you are ready for your children to join you in the USA, you have to contact the US Embassy in Manila and tell them you are ready to process the K-2 visa for your children. They will ask you to fax in a document to the requesting that they begin processing the K-2. I had to request that an interview date be scheduled, but now that you call in for your own appointment, I am not sure if that part has changed. We faxed in the letter and then I checked the appointment website every so often to see if there was an appointment date. After about 3-4 weeks, my daughter's medical and interview appointments appeared on the website. Again, this part might have changed as I understand you now call in for your appointment schedules.

After that, it's much like your K-1 visa. Your child must have a medical exam at St. Luke's. Keep in mind that they will give your child a TB skin test that takes 48 hours to read with drags the process out for 3 days instead of 2 days for adults. Add another day if your child has a positive skin test (as many do) so that a chest xray can be done and read.

The interview is pretty much the same as yours except in your child's forms. The child will only need the DS-156 (online) and DS-157. No DS-156k is needed for the child.

As said before, your child must have his/her visa issued prior to the one year anniversary of your visa issue date. Keep in mind it takes a few months to process, so don't wait till the last minute. I would give it at least 3-4 months before your visa will expire.

I don't remember the fax number that you will need to fax your request to at this point, but if you call the embassy to tell them you want to process the K-2, they will give you the number and contents of the letter you need to send.

Good luck!!!

Scott

Removing Conditions on Wife's GC

08/14/09-Mailed Packet to CSC

08/24/09-Packet Received at CSC

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-NOA 1 Received (My Error)

09/16/09-Biometrics

10/20/09-Interview PASSED!!!!

10/28/09-Approval Notice Received via US Mail

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/14/09 - Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

07/16/09 - Received AOS Packet in Chicago

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

08/10/09 - Biometrics ---DONE!!!---

09/16/09 - Interview Date AOS Held Pending Outcome of Wife's I-751

10/20/09 - Mir Passes ROC Interview

10/23/09 - Email received-Card Production Ordered!Woohooo!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I am going to assume some things about your situation, but correct me if I am wrong. I see that you already have your visa. I am assuming that your petitioner included/listed your children on the original petition (I-129F) when it was filed with the USCIS to start the process of getting your K-1. I am also going to assume that since you have your K-1 visa already and are asking about your child's K-2 that you are going to use the "Follow-To-Join" provision of the K-2 that allows them to obtain their visa up to one year after the date your K-1 was issued.

Assuming all the above is true, when you are ready for your children to join you in the USA, you have to contact the US Embassy in Manila and tell them you are ready to process the K-2 visa for your children. They will ask you to fax in a document to the requesting that they begin processing the K-2. I had to request that an interview date be scheduled, but now that you call in for your own appointment, I am not sure if that part has changed. We faxed in the letter and then I checked the appointment website every so often to see if there was an appointment date. After about 3-4 weeks, my daughter's medical and interview appointments appeared on the website. Again, this part might have changed as I understand you now call in for your appointment schedules.

After that, it's much like your K-1 visa. Your child must have a medical exam at St. Luke's. Keep in mind that they will give your child a TB skin test that takes 48 hours to read with drags the process out for 3 days instead of 2 days for adults. Add another day if your child has a positive skin test (as many do) so that a chest xray can be done and read.

The interview is pretty much the same as yours except in your child's forms. The child will only need the DS-156 (online) and DS-157. No DS-156k is needed for the child.

As said before, your child must have his/her visa issued prior to the one year anniversary of your visa issue date. Keep in mind it takes a few months to process, so don't wait till the last minute. I would give it at least 3-4 months before your visa will expire.

I don't remember the fax number that you will need to fax your request to at this point, but if you call the embassy to tell them you want to process the K-2, they will give you the number and contents of the letter you need to send.

Good luck!!!

Scott

HI SCOTT

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR UR REPLY GOD BLESS ......

LYN

Good luck!!!

Scott

HI SCOTT

LYN

You're welcome!

I did just notice a typo....you should apply 3-4 months before the end of the year following your K-1 visa issuance. In other words, if I was issued a visa on May 1, 2008, I would send the request for the K-2 processing to the embassy no later than February 1, 2009.

Hope that helps.

Scott

Removing Conditions on Wife's GC

08/14/09-Mailed Packet to CSC

08/24/09-Packet Received at CSC

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-NOA 1 Received (My Error)

09/16/09-Biometrics

10/20/09-Interview PASSED!!!!

10/28/09-Approval Notice Received via US Mail

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/14/09 - Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

07/16/09 - Received AOS Packet in Chicago

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

08/10/09 - Biometrics ---DONE!!!---

09/16/09 - Interview Date AOS Held Pending Outcome of Wife's I-751

10/20/09 - Mir Passes ROC Interview

10/23/09 - Email received-Card Production Ordered!Woohooo!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good luck!!!

Scott

HI SCOTT

LYN

You're welcome!

I did just notice a typo....you should apply 3-4 months before the end of the year following your K-1 visa issuance. In other words, if I was issued a visa on May 1, 2008, I would send the request for the K-2 processing to the embassy no later than February 1, 2009.

Hope that helps.

Scott

hello scott

may i know if have fee or how much to pay for k2 interview or process? THANKS

may i know if have fee or how much to pay for k2 interview or process? THANKS

the visa application fee is $131 USD for each child. medical fee for each children under age 15, $156.65 USD

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.