crys22

preparing to send in our checklist.... need some advice

17 posts in this topic

We're just completing the checklist.. It is only my husband who has applied to go to the US.. I am an american citizen.. I wish to go with him to the interview.. I believe he read somewhere that i couldn't.. and then of course as it happens.. read somewhere else that i could... Anyways.. on the second page of the checklist.. it asks under the applicants statement.. I intend to apply: (check appropriate boxes)

1. Alone

2. Together with my spouse (Print first name:_____________________________)

3. Together with my spouse and the following minor children: (Print first names of each child who will accompany you)

If i were going to join him.. would it be the second option?.. there is a debate as to whether it is meaning for me to join him as i'm not filing.. or only for the spouse to join if they are filing as well.. I'm sorry if this is a bit confusing.. i have asked this before but never got a clear answer.. quick replies greatly appreciated.. Thanks!!

FYI - I'm American so all dates will be Month/Day/Year. (lol)

---------------------

10/19/03 - Spoke to him for the first time on mic through Yahoo! Pool.

10/26/03 - First 'I Love You' (The date we consider to be when we got together)

07/03/04 - He flew from U.K. to Alabama for a 2 week visit (Proposed)

12/26/04 - He flew again to Alabama for a 3 week visit

05/22/05 - I flew to U.K. for 1 month visit

09/2005 - He visited AL - 3 weeks(Really hard to remember some of the exact dates!

12/15/05 - I visit U.K. - 1 month

04/2006 - He Visits - 3 weeks

07/2006 - I Visit U.K. - 1 month

10/2006 - He Visits 3 weeks

12/28/2006 - I move to the U.K. (on Fiance Visa)

03/10/07 - Married

--------

12/05/07 - Form I-130 recieved by USCIS

02/23/08 - NOA recieved

02/28/08 - DS230 Part 1

02/03/08 - Sent for Police Certificate

02/05/08 - Medical in London

------------ Medical was fine!

04/17/08 - Finally sent off our Checklist and waiting for our interview date!

We're just completing the checklist.. It is only my husband who has applied to go to the US.. I am an american citizen.. I wish to go with him to the interview.. I believe he read somewhere that i couldn't.. and then of course as it happens.. read somewhere else that i could... Anyways.. on the second page of the checklist.. it asks under the applicants statement.. I intend to apply: (check appropriate boxes)

1. Alone

2. Together with my spouse (Print first name:_____________________________)

3. Together with my spouse and the following minor children: (Print first names of each child who will accompany you)

If i were going to join him.. would it be the second option?.. there is a debate as to whether it is meaning for me to join him as i'm not filing.. or only for the spouse to join if they are filing as well.. I'm sorry if this is a bit confusing.. i have asked this before but never got a clear answer.. quick replies greatly appreciated.. Thanks!!

Yes your spouse will fill in question 2. and write your name,

Ive heard of lots of peeps going with their spouse for the interview, so u are not anone there.

Personally my hubby will be filling No. 3 as my son and daughter will be with us.

Best of luck and when is ur interview

carin

we actually dont have an interview date yet.. the checklist that we're sending off today gets us our interview date.. hope its soon!!

---------------------

09/2005 - He visited AL - 3 weeks(Really hard to remember some of the exact dates!

03/10/07 - Married

--------

02/23/08 - NOA recieved

02/28/08 - DS230 Part 1

we actually dont have an interview date yet.. the checklist that we're sending off today gets us our interview date.. hope its soon!!

Be careful, we marked down that the missis was accompanying me and when we got our appointment no one else was listed.. so we are going to see what happens, she doesn't mind sitting in a coffee shop for an hour or more (least it gives me somewhere to leave my phone, camera, gps, umpc, etc BUT she wanted to be there with me :)

lol.. Thanks for the warning! I'm happy shopping with the hubby's credit card until he's done.. haha (joke.. i'm not a big shopper) anyways.. No turning back now!! Checklist posted this morning :D

we'll see where it goes from here!

---------------------

03/10/07 - Married

--------

02/23/08 - NOA recieved

02/28/08 - DS230 Part 1

Be careful, we marked down that the missis was accompanying me and when we got our appointment no one else was listed.. so we are going to see what happens, she doesn't mind sitting in a coffee shop for an hour or more (least it gives me somewhere to leave my phone, camera, gps, umpc, etc BUT she wanted to be there with me :)

It won't be a problem with her getting in -- the appointment letter wouldn't have her name as she's not being interviewed! We put my name down, and I was allowed in no problem. I have only heard once of a US spouse not being allowed to come inside, and that was quite a while ago. (And in fact, in the same week several other spouses were able to enter, so this was a real oddity.) Make sure she brings her passport. I would be very surprised if she wasn't allowed inside.

Good luck!

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

They let USC's in to the Embassy with not too much trouble. After all they have to be able to get in for the other Citizen services that the Embassy provides. I went in last week to go to the IRS (I'm not the USC). I really don't think they pay much attention if you tick 1 or 2, I'm not sure about option 3.

The UK Wiki

Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline

am i insane? i never got a checklist of any kind

i sent in ds 230 part one

then ds 2001 saying we were ready for the interview (we sent that the friday of easter weekend and we're waiting for appt, which they said takes a few weeks)

we had a list of all the things we needed to get ready for the interview, and we got the i864

but we never got an official "checklist" should i call our embassy and see if we're missing something? thanks for insight!

nancy

sorry about the confusion i caused! lol.. I never keep up with the names of the forms.. hubby does all that.. i'm just the one that says.. what about that one that has blah blah blah on it! lol..

---------------------

03/10/07 - Married

--------

02/23/08 - NOA recieved

02/28/08 - DS230 Part 1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

well to make it more confusing, the London Embassy actually names the DS-2001 and has a form that you can download that it says is the DS-2001, BUT it is not the checklist that they send out.

I dunno, somtimes i think they do that stuff just to confuse us.

The UK Wiki

Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline
I dunno, somtimes i think they do that stuff just to confuse us.

that's exactly what my husband says!

i have basically been in charge of the forms, he and i sat down one days and filled out together, then i did all the actual collection of docs and have been on top of it

he has no idea what is ds 230 or ds 2001

thanks again!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.