MichelleandCraig

Opinions...new to me used laptop

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

It will be coming from my nieces husband and he usually gives me excellent deals..but since I'm not a computer techie(oh that would be a longggggggg stretch..don't know much about em at all!) Is this a good one for this price? I'm not really concerned about the case. I'll post what he wrote back in the email....I'll only really be using it for email, just browsing online, maybe download a few things,etc..not work or anything. I want to load it up with Office 2003 and Excel..other than that, I don't know yet. Here's what Bryce had to say about it:

I forgot to add that their doggie(mini horse actually..hahaha) stepped on it and it has a couple of scratches in the cover..that's why he's getting rid of it cheaper than he normally does..he sells them on Ebay. He's the computer tech for a big insurance company in WI.(one of them I should say!!)

OH CRUD! I just realized I posted this in MTA...I meant to post in Off Topic..what a ditz!! :)

It's an IBM Thinkpad R51, here's the text from the Ebay listing.

This is a 1830-BLU model R51. Here are the specs copied from IBM's website:

Pemtium M 1.6GHz processor, 256MB Ram, 40Gig Hard drive, 15.0" XGA+(1024x768) TFT LCD screen, 24x24x24x/8x CD-RW/DVDrom combo drive, 802.11b wireless built in, modem, 10/100/1Gb ethernet, 32MB ATI Radeon 7500, TV out, Lithium Ion battery, and it will be shipped preloaded with Windows XP just like from the factory.

I'd be willing to sell it to you for $400 if that sounds fair.

Edited by MichelleandCraig

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Thanks Brit. If it wasn't family and a computer techie sellin' it to me, I'd be worried..but he's a really good guy, and has never steered me wrong before. He isn't the type of family that would purposely unload something on me if you know what I mean..they ARE out there I know! :) Anyway, he had it sold to a guy on Ebay for more, but then their mini horse ofa doggie stepped on the cover while he had it on the floor getting ready to box it up for shipping. He says it runs perfectly...with the warranty thing...Bryce also 'made' my desktop PC about 5 years ago and whenever I have any problems with it..when he gets up this way he looks at it for me..so pretty good 'warranty' that end! ;) Just really was wondering how it would be, specs wise, as a basic laptop...I'm not going to be using it for anything grand. Thanks for the reply! :) M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.