Beth/ Paris Heart

Touching question

32 posts in this topic

I disagree.. the pairing must have taken place closer to your NOA1... Recent touches MAY be a good sign, or perhaps means that they have started the checks on you? That an RFE is on the way? hope not that! ;-)

I also don't think those touches mean pairing up the I-129F and I-130, since it'd make sense that in that case they'd touch both applications.

Does someone know how long these security checks normally take?

Take call all!

So does anyone know what kinda security checks are needed at USCIS level for a K-3 and how long they usually take (at VSC)?

I think, they run the name to see if they get any hits on them, if something come up on a name, then its investigated further. ANd who knows how long THEY take. A name check can take a few minutes , and it a hit is indicated, could take a while longer. Its like everything else, we never know how long, remember silly, we're delaing with USCIS. Ha Ha. Hnag in there Dear, it will come soon.

Pairs Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I disagree.. the pairing must have taken place closer to your NOA1... Recent touches MAY be a good sign, or perhaps means that they have started the checks on you? That an RFE is on the way? hope not that! ;-)

I also don't think those touches mean pairing up the I-129F and I-130, since it'd make sense that in that case they'd touch both applications.

Does someone know how long these security checks normally take?

Take call all!

So does anyone know what kinda security checks are needed at USCIS level for a K-3 and how long they usually take (at VSC)?

I think, they run the name to see if they get any hits on them, if something come up on a name, then its investigated further. ANd who knows how long THEY take. A name check can take a few minutes , and it a hit is indicated, could take a while longer. Its like everything else, we never know how long, remember silly, we're delaing with USCIS. Ha Ha. Hnag in there Dear, it will come soon.

Pairs Heart

Hellooooo eveyone .... from what I can understand, our files will actually sit in the hands of and adjudicator for approximately 15 minutes overall ..... yes boys and girls .... a grand total of 15 minutes!!!! :clock:

That's all we're waiting on .... however, I presume that's when the RFE or similar name can be thrown up .... the RFE can delay you for a couple weeks while you wait for the letter outlining what the RFE actually is .... and then for you to send the stuff in that they want .... and then for them to resume working on your file ..... and the name check, well, if that throws up a similarity we're buggered for months, as from what I've read on a few posts, your file gets sent to Washington or something to make sure you're not a criminal or mass murderer or something :ph34r:

Personally, I hope it's not all scaremongering .... and we get someone who's not pedantic.

All your talk about writing N/A in a none box has me totally paranoid ..... guess which stupid ####### didn't take a copy of her packet ????? ..... ME!!!! .... I'm totally wetting my pants now .... if they send an RFE, I won't have a clue :blink:

It was all a rush to get it together before I left the States in the New Year because we got married on the fly and my flight was booked to go home to go back to college. We threw it together in an envelope and just sent it off .... a month later, I found this website ..... sods law :wacko:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.