betsay

for those waiting for their VISAs

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi to all those who are on detour or delay. Like you, I am also waiting formy visa. Was given the infamous white paper with handwritten document verification note. I paid 3 weeks before the interview, not knowing that we need to "make kulit" Delbros and ask them to do their job :) So, here we are, waiting for the document verification to be done before we get our Visa.

I'd just like to share with you something that I hope will encourage you and give you hope as you wait. Remember, "In all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to his purpose" Rom 8:28

Take heart and put your trust in the Lord, for He is faithful. His mercies are new every morning. :)

Author: Elisabeth Elliot

Source: A Lamp For My Feet

Scripture Reference: Exodus 13

Detours

When Pharaoh let the people go, "God did not guide them by the road towards the Philistines, though that way was the shortest.... God made them go round by way of the wilderness towards the Red Sea" (Ex 13: 17, 18 NEB).

The direct route would save time as well as wear and tear on the people, but God had something infinitely more important than economics in mind--He wanted the people to be able to sing the song of praise of chapter 15--"The Lord is my refuge and my defence...my deliverer. He is my God and I will glorify Him; He is my father's God and I will exalt Him" (Ex 15:2 NEB). They sang this song because they had firsthand experience of God's power and deliverance. Pursued by all the chariots and horses, cavalry and infantry of Egypt, they had passed through the Red Sea in safety and seen the enemy drowned. They would have missed this glorious lesson if they had taken the short road.

When we are puzzled by delays and detours, let us think about the great purpose of life: to glorify God. The lessons He wants to teach us "in the wilderness" are priceless means of providing us with a song we could not otherwise have sung: "In Thy constant love Thou hast led the people!" (Ex 15:13).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

im so proud of you betsay. you just dont know how many people you have touched and encouraged with this scriptures. blessed are those who spread the word of God and still grateful even if she/he is battling on her own trials right at this moment.

May God bless you more and give you the visa very soon coz youre worthy of your prayers to Him.

1_280971304l.jpg

1_962753823l.jpg1_759630180l.jpg

1_812926551l.jpg

05-24-08 - POE JFK

06-10-08 - applied SSN (06-16-08 - received SSN card with maiden name)

06-21-08 - wedding day

06-24-08 - applied for SSN change of last name ( 07-02-08 - received SSN card with married name)

08-07-08 - AOS packet sent thru Fedex

08-08-08 - AOS packet received by USCIS

08-14-08 - NOA 1 date for AOS, EAD and AP

08-25-08 - Biometrics schedule received

09-05-08 - BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT

09-08-08 - TOUCHED (I-485 and EAD)

09-17-08 - I-485 transferred to California Service Center

09-19-08 - I-485 TOUCHED (received mail same day about the transfer too)

10-03/06/07-08 - I-485 TOUCHED

10-21-08 - I-131 AP APPROVED

10-22-08 - I-765 EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

10-27-08 - RECEIVED AP in mail and I-765 touched again online

10-29-08 - Notice of Approval for I-765 was sent out today

10-30-08 - Notice of Approval for I-765 touched again then RECEIVED THE EAD CARD the same day

Filed: Timeline
im so proud of you betsay. you just dont know how many people you have touched and encouraged with this scriptures. blessed are those who spread the word of God and still grateful even if she/he is battling on her own trials right at this moment.

May God bless you more and give you the visa very soon coz youre worthy of your prayers to Him.

Thank you, Lot. You are a source of strength and encouragement. To all those who are waiting, I pray God will grant all our prayers for a speedy release of our visa (especially for those who already have flight schedules, wedding date, etc.)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.